1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Regular Customers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by brooksstephens, Apr 22, 2008.

Tags:
  1. brooksstephens

I'm a senior in high school and I've worked at Chick-Fil-A for two years now.

We have customers that come at the same time every day either to the front or in the drive-thru and order almost the same thing every single day.

For some reason, this strikes me as weird. Who goes to the same restaraunt and spends that kind of money every single day?? Don't they ever get tired of it???

Also, we recently had a complete overhaul of management and employees in which all of the personnel from a different chick fil a came over to the location that I work at and all of the employees here were sent elsewhere, except for me. There is a regular customer that they had at their mall location who now goes out of his way to make sure that he visits the same group of chick-fil-a employees at a location 10 minutes down the road??

I anybody here a "regular customer"??

2. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

I'm a regular customer of Subway (daily lunch) and a bar near my house (several times a week)

3. david12sfa

david12sfa Member

I am a regular at Richmond Arms for Friday lunch.

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

My friend is a regular at Papa John's on Tuesday nights for the $5.00 carryout special. They even refer to him as Mr. Warren when he picks his pizza up.

When I worked at Hardee's during my teenage years, we had regular customers but they were always senior citizens who would come in during the morning hours and order the same coffee and sometimes something to eat while sitting around and talking.

5. brooksstephens

The people that I'm talking about come by EVERY DAY and order a whole meal... every time.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I am a regular for the 10-piece Chicken McNuggets meal my daughter and I share from McDonald's. Almost the same time, every other day.

I am also a regular 6 breakfast taco customer at Taco Cabana on Sundays before church.

What can I say... my daughters rule my word, sir. :eek: I don't think they'll EVER get tired o it, and I do NOT think it's weird at all.

I used to work at a video store where I had regular customers whose preferences in movies I knew, and could predict what new movies they would like, and which old movies I could recommend. I miss working there. The atmosphere was right and the place paid well (while I was working part time).

Customers like seeing the same people 'cuz they get comfortable if the same employees treat them properly. Where customer service is concerend, a happy customer will always return. Same meal, same food, etc.? Maybe not.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Me and my wife are 'regular customers' at Los Cucos on Sunday afternoons. We like to go at about 3:30 (after the church crowd and before the dinner crowd) and we always sit outside. We usually get the same thing too - I the beef quesadillas and she the Mexican enchiladas. Oh yeah....and about 14 margaritas....each...

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Is he/she as big as a house? Eating the same stuff can't be good for you...I'm not a regular anywhere...I don't like eating the same stuff over and over again...I need variety...

9. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I eat the same thing at every different restaurant I go to and the wife and kids think I’m wierd.

10. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

I work at a coffee shop and there's a good number of regulars that come daily and some even make multiple trips a day. I don't see anything wrong with it and if anything it makes work easier and more enjoyable.

11. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Like Sinbad said, I hate going to a restaurant where the menu has never changed or rarely changes and you have people standing there looking and waiting for 30 minutes on what they want to order. LOL!

12. Champ Caliber

Champ Caliber Member

I order the same thing from Popeyes/KFC everytime maybe once or twice a week but at various times. I sometimes see the same person by the window and wonder if they remember that I come around everyweek.

13. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

My wife and I are "regular customers" at a lot of places. For example, we still shop at the grocery store in our old neighborhood (10 minutes out of the way) because:

1. The staff are friendly and competent (the kind who greet you by name when they see you)
    2. We know where they keep everything
    3. They stock several items that we've specially requested that other stores in the area do not (gluten free stuff).

My wife is a Starbucks regular, getting the same drink every day at the same time (I tend to vary it up a bit). I agree that ordering the same thing over and over can get pedantic, but at the same time, there can be great comfort in routine.

Besides, sometimes it's a matter of necessity. For example, every Tues. and Thurs. night, I order a certain meal at Schlotzky's. It's not that I want Schlotzky's every Tues. and Thurs.: it's that those are the two nights I have opera rehearsal, and Schlotzky's is the only restaurant near the rehearsal hall that I like. So the options are:

A. Be late to rehearsal while I shop around for dinner.
    B. Wait until 11:00pm to eat dinner.
    C. Grab some Schlotzky's and go.

14. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

I work at a restaurant and we have tons of regulars. There are people that I have been waiting on for years and years.

There are also some places that I go to almost weekly...the Indian buffet down the street, for starters.

15. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i tried hitting subway for lunch yesterday. they're killing with that $5 deal. the line was out the door.

16. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I'm not a regular customer to that extent, but I have gone through short phases where I will eat at the same restaurant two or three times in a given week.

My wife's step-mother and "dad" apparently only eat at one particular Mexican food restaurant near their house. I don't know how often they go, but I'm sure they're there for dinner at least two or three times a week (and have been going there for many years).

17. brooksstephens

There's one that comes through the drive-thru every day that is so big that she can't walk on her own. But others look to be in fairly good shape.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I have never frequented a bar, fast food, or restaurant ever in my life. I also am not the type to watch the same movie more than a few times. I wonder if they correlate.

19. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I've been going to one Mexican Restruant for the tuesday lunch special for the past 15 years with a couple friends. I have never set foot in the place other than Tuesdays for lunch. I've never even looked at a menu.

I'm known as the Captain Morgans Guy at my local liquor store. I've sent friends wives to pick up some Captain (different times durring parties) and had the guys behind the counter ask them if they were my wives. I also have the owners cell number and he's delivered booze to a party of mine after hours.

My wife and I use to eat at Tony's Mexican Restruant on Ella at least once a week when we lived in the Heights. We never had to wait for a table even when they were crowded because we were regulars. We often had 6 ritas and only paid for 3 or 4.

Being a regular has its advantages.

20. Cesar^Geronimo

A few years back my daughter worked at Hershey Park (in PA) in one of their sining/dancing shows. There was a whole sub-culture their I never knew. A bunch of single, middle aged people would show up and watch the exact same shows 4 or 5 times a day 7 days a week.

I kid you not. We got season tickets that year and everytime we were there they were there -- and our daughter was told to be nice to them but keep an eye on them. They were creepy -- they called themselves "the regulars".

That fall she got a similiar job at Dorney Park for their Halloween season and one of the creepier guys showed up with his zoom lens camera.

That winter she got a job in a local Music Theater's Christmas show -- one of the ladies showed up and gave her a hand knitted scarf.

The ladies of the group would each pick out a "favorite" and they would giggle like middle schoolers whenever they came on stage.