1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reggie Wayne on the block?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rezdawg, Oct 14, 2011.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Might be pure rumor, but what are you willing to give up for Reggie Wayne?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/14/speculation-surfaces-that-colts-could-move-reggie-wayne-robert-mathis/

With the trade deadline only four days away, and with an eleventh-hour deal or two typically being made, speculation has arisen that the Colts could send elsewhere one or two of their disgruntled free-agents-to-be: receiver Reggie Wayne (pictured) and defensive end Robert Mathis.

Phillip Wilson of the Indianapolis Star traces the spitballing to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, who apparently said that the Colts should trade Wayne to the Bills and Mathis to the Jets. That idea has quickly become rumor, even though at this point there’s no reason to believe either deal could happen.

Wilson thinks that the Colts should keep both players. But if the Colts already have decided neither to use the franchise tag nor to give new contracts to one or both players, why not dump them now in exchange for future picks?

The hidden benefit, of course, is that it would be a legitimate way to weaken the team as part of a not-so-subtle effort to “Suck for Luck.”

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Damn is everybody on the block??

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Colts would probably trade to any team that's not in their division.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

They'd never trade him within the division.

But the Colts look to be in full-on firesale mode with Peyton's future in doubt.

So who knows.

5. Yao11

Yao11 Member

A Johnson-Wayne-Mason receiving core would be so deadly! Not to mention already having OD and Foster playing well this year, there wouldn't be any excuse not to execute well on offense.

6. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

Full on Sucking for Luck Mode , Manning will play for few more yrs and hand the keys to Luck for another 12 yrs .

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

True, being in the same division definitely pretty much kills our chances...but, would you be willing to pay a little bit more than market value?

I think I'd be willing to spend quite a bit to bring him in...it would almost be unfair to have AJ - Wayne - Mason - OD - Foster. There isnt one defense in the NFL that can handle that.

8. blackistan

blackistan Member

i just want to know why we didnt look at younger options at wr like brandon lloyd or wayne just boggles my mind...its not like were set at wr

9. conquistador#11

I don't want a rental. if he's a free agent to be, he's still goingto be wanting to get paid. Still got Mario and foster to resign and another cornerback to sign in free agency. I'll take my chances with Lloyd and a wide receiver in the first round. =)

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Because those receivers play for other teams, and are still under contract?? Unless you're asking why we didn't trade for them EARLIER.....which wasn't really a need until AJ went down. During the off-season, Jacoby still had hope, and Dorin Dickerson was our future star WR.

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

It's one of Shefter's suggestions, there was a buzz about Philly trading for DJ Williams and Dawk, but it was sourced back to Shefter and his suggested moves.

12. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Why would the Bills want Wayne midseason, when they already have a decent set of receivers? It takes time to work a new WR in.

QFT

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

You wouldn't think, but if they're in full-on rebuilding mode, Wayne would be retired before they're ready to make a run again, so who knows.

14. liljojo

liljojo Member

If it happens, I will literally cry tears of joy. I don't think it's realistic though, especially since we're in the same division. But and AJ/Wayne combo...have they ever started the pro bowl together?

15. Remix

Remix Member

Not sure but being only 2 years apart at Miami, and being good friends, both of theme on the field for the same team would probaly create tremendous energy between theme. To bad it will never happen :(

16. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AJ + WAYNE + MASON + Walter
    Pipedream but it would be almost like R&S days with Givins / Jeffries / Duncan / Slaughter / Hill.

17. The Real Shady

Not every team is the Texans. If they get Luck then they could win the division in two years.

18. The Real Shady

AJ + Lloyd + Wayne + Marshall + Mason. Get'er done.

19. jdh008

jdh008 Member

This report would make me really nervous if I'm a Colts fan. To me, this would send up red flags that the Colts are really preparing to go into a full rebuilding mode. I have to think that if they were confident in Manning coming back at full strength, they wouldn't be looking to trade the receiver he has the best rhythm with.

20. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

the whole reason we got mason from the jets is because he was complaining about his role. if he was that far down the depth chart he would just be a cancer... but then again that's a lot of talent that could be worth it