1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Refs got us again!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cml750, Mar 16, 2014.

1. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

My main beef with this is that the refs don't even TRY to go after the ball. They expect the players to get the ball after a made basket. Do your damn job refs.

2. cml750

cml750 Member

3. cml750

cml750 Member

I hoped Wade gets fined for the Superflop!!!

4. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

One free throw is definitely a momentum swing, especially when this one was called. I agree that it shouldn't affect a great team, but we are a young team. Inconsistency in the mental aspect is to be expected.

Also, I think that one extra point helped the Heat's momentum more than it killed ours. Bev hit a three to put Miami in a more urgent situation. Maybe they try for a three and miss. The fact that they got a free point after that relieved some of the pressure for their next play.

5. HiddenFlawe

HiddenFlawe Member

yea but at that point in the game i say you don't call that man [​IMG]

6. cml750

cml750 Member

Do you think they would have called that on Lebron if the situation was reversed! While they do call it more this year, those go uncalled all the time. The refs let it go a lot besides this in no way "delayed" the game. The rule was made to keep players from knocking the ball out of bounds thus delaying the game. DH tapped it right into the refs hands. Maybe he should not have touched it but that is really a natural reaction. Had the ball went way out of bounds then he should be called but that was not the case. Given the situation and the fact the ball went right into his hands that could and should go uncalled.

7. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

ok how bout the poor execution in the last three minutes. LIN jump shot 3 brick. Beverly brick. yea they missed that illegal James screen but you still gotta get a better shot off.

that 3 by Allen cut into out less at 5 at the time and was an huge turn.

all these fans on here blaming the refs. what a bunch of losers.

8. cml750

cml750 Member

My wife, who has not watched many games the last two years due to the CSN fiasco and not liking streams, was going nuts over the calls. She does not know a whole lot about b-ball but she was screaming at the TV over about half the calls and kept pointing out when the same things were not called on the other end. I haven't seen her that fired up about the Rockets in a long time.:eek:

9. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

why don't you LOSERS man up and admit that going into Miami you gotta expect they are gonna get the benefit of the calls. it's been like this all year. why expect anything. different. it probably goes back to when Miami played Dallas the first time if you remember.

so stop blaming the refs and just admit the rockets don't execute well down the stretch as evidenced in this game and the okc game

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You're pretty brave on the Internet. "Losers"?

Or you're just a doorknob.

True, the Rockets execute poorly down the stretch but it doesn't help when the refs kill our momentum.

11. SacTown

SacTown Member

I thought the game was called evenly. I saw Harden shoulder check Chalmers knocking him into T. Jones and almost injuring him. Chalmers was called for the foul and had to sit out.

I do think the delay of game call sucked, but it was the random 3 pointers jacked up by Lin and Beverly right after that which sealed the Rockets fate. That, and the Heat executed down the stretch and made their jump shots while the Rockets simply did not execute.

An evenly called game at the end of the day with some bad calls and non-calls mixed in on both side IMO.

12. SacTown

SacTown Member

Why is it that in people's minds all the "good" teams get the calls? Remember when the Lakers were good and everyone on clutchfans said Stern was "giving" the Lakers the calls. Why aren't the Lakers getting the calls now? Simply because they suck? Remember when the Bulls were good and Jordan "got all the calls"?

Now that Miami is good, the refs simply prefer to favor them? :confused: how does this work exactly? Is David Stern giving Miami all the calls? oops Stern is gone, so what is it now?

13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

what about 'good' teams that didnt get calls like 2002 kings?

nba picks teams to push forward. not that hard to understand here. It's been a problem for a long long time with nba and makes it less credible in general.

The calls at end of this game were when rockets were up. Momentum.

Just look at game 7 boston lakers when lakers had a million free throws.

It's rigged.

14. Spooner

Spooner Member

If you were sitting courtside, I think you'd feel differently

15. Andrew Wiggins

Just when I start to forget about the BS in this game...THAT HOLD ON LIN BY LEBRON WTF!

The foul they called for Wade on Lin after they didn't call the foul for D-Mo on Wade. teh ***

I can go on, but I want to forget it.

16. DreamEarlNolan

The NBA promotes individuals more than any other league. Magic, Bird, Jordan, Kobe, Lebron, and their teams always get preferential treatment.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

the whining in this thread is disappointing.

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I'm usually not on the ref, but this one was pretty one sided. Not as bad as the game against Portland a few night ago (at least that was not one sided but just sure poorly officiated throughout). There was sure some home cooking for the ref today.

Still, the game was within reach until some critical mistakes late.

19. MONON

MONON Member

I haven't seen calling that delay of game called since January.

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I'm not as mad at the refs cause I could see it coming. The portland game on the other hand...