1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Refs and Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GoT, Dec 8, 2007.

Tags:
  1. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Yea, I was really surprised at that play and the other player where Boki was caught between Yao and T-Mac and air-balled. Then Frank got a technical called, but when they showed the reply, there was absolutely no contact. Boki just air-balled the lay-up. Any other game, Yao would have been called for it like 77% of the time.

Thats when I was like, wait a sec.... They aren't calling stupid fouls on Yao this game!

2. maopaopao

maopaopao Member

Yao still not fined by the league!

3. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

the New Jersey Color commentators said that after looking into Yao's request the league has made an exception for Yao in term of fouls in the paint when he just raises his arms straight up or jumps straight up fouls will not be called against him. sorry I do not have any link since this was on tv during the game.

4. CNbennY

CNbennY Member

I guess the towel throw had some effect,but i am donbtful of this standard will change in the future.

5. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

You mean the ref are instructed to enforce rules the way it's written in the book?

See, angry Yao = goods things happen for the Rocket. More respect from ref, better games from teammates, easier games. Mac should also be pissed sometimes if things don't go his way.

Sometimes I think Mac and Yao are too lax toward each other. They should challenge each other to realize their max potential the way Kobe and Shaq did in their golden years. Maybe they need something like this to turn the heat on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wygM8Qd79O4

:D

6. 3186205

3186205 Member

Just support Yao to throw the towel twice! :D

7. cshen

cshen Member

isnt that the way every player should be treated? how come this is an exception

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Exception my ..........

Just enforce the rule book.

9. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

It's nice to yes Yao becoming more passionate and starting to get more respect. Those monster dunks are sweet and can't hurt the issue any. It was nice to see a game called a little more fairly. I hope this is the start of a trend. :D

10. yobod

yobod Member

It's up to the team of refs whether or not they decide to ref the game really tight, or just let the players play.. Tonight's refs obviously let the players play. It was apparent right from the start, when guys like T-Mac and Jefferson would go into the paint, get hit, throw up a shot looking for the whistle, and there would be none. I liked it, since it was even for both teams.

11. blackistan

blackistan Member

Its just one game where the calls went his way we'll just have to wait and see if it continues

12. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Bullard mentioned a few games back that he went to a Referee meeting(before the season) and and brought up some examples about Yao's foul calls. In the instances we saw last night the guy at the podium said those were not fouls. If Yao is still or goes straight up with hands straight up any contact will not be called. He is entitled to the space he is in.

I thought the Nets looked pretty ineffective when their gameplan of driving the lane and getting to the FT line was thwarted by textbook NBA officiating.