1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Redskins trade for 2nd overall pick

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Mar 9, 2012.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

He, Alec Ogletree, and Greg Robinson can tip the scale, if RGIII falters. If he succeeds, then the Redskins win by default.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Stacy is solid, absolutely, but still... that sucks. I like their draft this year a lot. I think they win the trade. I always liked the trade for them and Fisher. But I also do believe in RG3 and think he will rebound. He'll be way better than any QB in this draft.

3. SirLK26

SirLK26 Member

Eternally injured? He didn't miss a game due to injury last year. Only missed one game in 2012.

IMO, the only way there would be a winner and a loser in the trade is if RG3 wasn't a franchise QB, but he is. St. Louis got a lot more talented and the Redskins finally got their franchise QB, so both came out ahead. You could say whichever team gets to the SB first or more times while any of the players taken as a result of the trade are still playing, but getting to/winning the SB is as much about luck and getting hot at the right time as talent/QB play.

4. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

I can't wait to see the Clowney vs Trent Williams matchup on opening day. IMO I think the Redskins 2nd round pick OLB Trent Murphy will have a better game then Clowney will.

5. SirLK26

SirLK26 Member

Ehh...Murphy probably won't get as much playing time as Clowney, with Kerrigan and Orakpo ahead of him. Although if our DL performs like it's supposed to, Murphy/Rak/Kerrigan could have themselves a heck of a game

I do think Murpy will be a beast eventually. Probably one of the few Skins fans happy about the pick. LOL.

6. Remii

Remii Member

The Skins have made the playoffs with RG3 and the Rams haven't. As of now the Skins have won that trade. And they made up for the draft picks they traded when they signed D-Jax. I think they're going to win the NFC east this year.

Murphy and Jeremiah Attaochu were on my wish list for the Texans. I think he was an excellent pick for Washington. Orakpo may not be there next year so he could be his replacement. And wouldn't surprise me at all to see Murphy get a lil time in at ILB as well.

But of course Clowney should get more playing time because he has Whitney & Brooks in front of him.