1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[RedNation Roundtable] Episode 19: Clint Capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vstexas09, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Clint Capela = 2 C's = Two times the "C"lutchness in the playoffs!

Fingers crossed!

2. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Remember in the offseason when a lot of people were pissed that Clint, who was thought to be a draft and stash (to develop his game and most importantly, to preserve cap space for 2014 free agency), came out a almost demanded to come play in the NBA this season, messing up the cap situation, etc.?

Now he can be an x-factor heading into the playoffs and is quickly becoming a team favorite or the the future starting center of the team.

Just funny how time changes things. Credit to him and the coaching/development team for speeding up his development. I can't wait to see how he performs in the playoffs and how he is going to develop in the future.

3. nemac

nemac Member

I like 'Clint Beastwood', whoever thought of that.

4. SeeingRocketRed

I've said the entire time I've seen Capela reminds me strongly of a young Olajuwon.

Then, I nearly pooped in my pants when he said he played soccer until 13 instead of basketball.

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

C&C Dunk Factory is clever but doesn't really work as a nickname

6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

What's not to like? Also seems like a fun teammate. Likes to have fun like Dwight. There was a D League highlight of him doing a Dwight like dance to get his teammates going before the tipoff.

The guy is very confident which never hurts. He knew he had it. Interesting that according to the interviewer he had been showing things in practice that it sounds like we weren't hearing about. Keeping him a secret?

An overused term, but he really is an X FACTOR.

Congrats to Morey for hitting a homerun.

7. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

but had he stayed oversea for one more year we could still have Tarik Black ready for the playoffs isn't it?:mad:

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Tarik is a very good rebounder, but Clint may not have developed enough to get some NBA minutes without the D-League experience and Sikma's coaching. Just imagine how good he might have been without the groin injury, and in a more mature developmental league.

9. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Completely Agree. Definitely a home run.

Capela would be at least a top 7 pick in this draft. No doubt about that.

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

watched this last night..it was really nice interview and "Clinty" did a great job just being himself.

How about Swiss Chocolat (french)??

11. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

C&C Dunk Factory? ha ha

"Everybody Dunk Now"

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

!!! I was annoyed by that over the summer, but I'm very glad he bet on himself and forced the issue.

13. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

After the issues in the summer and the issues he had in his first couple of garbage time stints, I was really worried he would always be known as The Swiss Miss.

After seeing him rip the backup center minutes away from a veteran like Dorsey and watching this interview, I now no longer fear this. I think Brandon Wright is his floor at this point. If he brings serious work ethic to his game like DMo has, I think Clinty could be a starting center in the NBA for a decade or more.

14. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Swiss Chocolate it is... in my books.