1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

Bucks forum are talking about Battier and BJax for Redd. Would you do it?

Redd's contract is 15.8M, 17M and 18.3M from next year... :eek: We trade our best defender for a very strong scorer. I would do it. Its Les' money anyway :D

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

lol if all they were asking for was shane and bobby -- I would say bye bye to shane. fat chance of that happening, I'm sure someone else would offer more for a player of redd's caliber.

3. kwng

kwng Member

I hope not. I saw a few Bucks games, Redd is good but does not have a good BB IQ as he hardly pass to his team mates and on many occasions he tried to drive and was rejected (blocked) by the opponent but he still kept going until a turnover occurred.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

mike redd is a glorified version of mike miller. and since we only need a 3rd option and a guy who does not demand shots, redd is not. redd sucked in the olympics b/c he didn't get enough looks then started jacking it up every time he touched it. he cannot create.

no. i don't know why milwaukee does not want a combo of head & BJ ;)

5. abita

abita Member

redd, man. this guy is a serious ball hogger :mad:

6. adagio75

adagio75 Member

Come on! I would trade Shane and B Jax plus a 2 piece and a biscuit for Mike Redd! :D

7. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

With Redd, we still don't have our 3rd scorer.... we have 1A, 1A+ and 1A- scorer....

8. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

All Redd does is impede the progress of his teammates. We don't need that kind of player here in Houston.

9. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I actually think its possible for a deal like this to go down. The Bucks, the Nets, and the Pacers all have big contract guys but their teams look to be going nowhere. This is the reason the Gasol trade got done. I think the Bucks have probably already been exploring their options and he'll probably go to the team with the best combo of expiring contracts, players, and picks.

Lets hope their high on Battier. They do have terrible defense.

10. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

Trade Redd with Head and Jackson and let him plays as the sixth man. Then you can let him control the ball as long as he likes.

11. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Really? What forum? Need link!

Get Morey on the phone!

I would hate to lose Battier's defense but you do that trade every day of the week. The Rockets would have to....

*Realizes this is just a fan-made trade*

.... *ahem* Sounds like a good trade. Would be nice if it were actually being discussed.

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

ball hog? he takes 17 shots per game.

plenty of players take more shots per game with more talent on their team.

if that's all the bucks would ask for (shane, bjax) then you HAVE to do it.

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Yeah that contract is pretty nasty. But man...a starting line-up of Alston Redd T-Mac Scola Yao...I'd think hard about it. Our defense would suffer significantly, but our offense...

14. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

As much as I love Battier, I would do this deal.

15. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

my first thought was that it would be a great trade for the rockets but this would really be a terrible trade for the Bucks even if their trying to get expirings. They can do better.

It lets me know that there are people as crazy as the fans on this site saying we should trade Tmac for a pick, expiring contracts and a bag of chips.

16. LFE171

LFE171 Member

I second this. Throw in head for yi jian lian and we got ourselves a deal.

17. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

get it done morey

18. Suuso

Suuso Member

Now that's what i call an Adelman-like team.

19. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Redd is the SG version of Zach Randolph. He's a fantasy basketball player, not a real winner. I'd still probably do it, though. Can you imagine his efficiency as a third option? Another 25ppg scorer would be nice, even if it came at the cost of our fantastic defense.

20. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

no brainer. you gotta do this. other teams are too potent offensively to NOT do this deal.

it's coaches job to coach defense.

if we lose shane, we'll have to still figure out a way to play good defense.

i wonder how redd scores in regard morey's moneyball stats?