1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Red Rowdies] Join us at the ATL game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by krosfyah, Dec 26, 2006.

1. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

A few of us meet at Live Sports Cafe before the game to get $1 beer at 5:30 or 6. Then at 7pm we meet just inside the main entrance at LaBranch to do our Rowdy Romp. You are welcome to join us for either.

Anybody else joining us. C'mon folks! We need to make some noise.

2. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Sounds cool, I work until 6 and I'm 20. I'm actually dragging my friend to this thing to celebrate his 21st birthday.. whats a better way to celebrate his 21st birthday then with 1$ beer? Too bad I'm still 20 though haha, nah I hope I can make it up to the arena by 7, if I do I'll definitly be at the Rowdy Romp, facepaint and all.

Go Rockets (btw I was going to get tickets last night and it came up row 16 as the best seats, I didn't buy them then because I wasn't sure if I should buy 5 tickets or 6, so I bought 5 today and the row is now 23, looks like alot or fans have been buying~ just not posting)

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

haha why do u have to call me out? :p

I wasn't planning on being in the Rowdy section that night, krosfyah just hooked me up :)

ima try to be there early tommorrow to maybe get one of the giveaway tixs in the rowdy section before the game, since I do have season tixs.

EDIT: i am trying to sell my current tixs and just buy the tixs, but the link on the first page, its charging regular price $35 now :( Guess I'll call tommorrow.

#23 Dave2000, Dec 28, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
  4. krosfyah

Just trying to help our realjad ...at your expense. ;)

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Keep these discounts coming AFTER the holidays and you will definately see me at more games. Thanks for the heads-up!

6. krosfyah

Yea, that's my thought too. It seems kinda slow partly because many people are traveling and partly because many people are not at work this week. I'll definately keep tabs and post again if I hear anything after New Years.

In the meantime, those of us that are going tonight ...we'll hold up the fort!!! Despite not playing at full stregnth, I'm still optimistic about THIS game.

7. SLrocket

SLrocket Contributing Member

hey krosfyah, so this offer might still stand for other gameS?

8. krosfyah

Last year, they would pick and chose which games they make the offer. It's partly based on slower ticket sales. They obviously won't discount tickets to games they think will sell out. Regarding THIS year, it depends how effective we are.

The reason they are offering it this time is because so many of you bought tickets to the Spurs game and it caught their attention. Hopefully Clutchfans can continue to make waves.

If I hear anything, I'll definately pass it on. The more in our section the better.

9. Realjad

Hey guys, that was alot of fun. I have got to have one of the worst cheering voices but I did my best and screamed my heart out, the Rowdy Romp Pre-Game alone wore me out haha. I know I met krosfyah, thanks for spotting me, I was right behind you the entire romp, my gosh that china man to the right of us could scream.. just wow.

I also broke out the facepaint, though I threw it on my face while in the parking lot.. total time = 5 minutes so it wasn't the neatest but it worked.. I met a dude from europe who wanted his picture taken with me, that was kind of cool.. though if I were in his shoes I'd definitly choose to have my picture taken with one of powerdancers then a fan.

I screamed as loud as I could

Hey Krosfyah you mentioned the 20 ticket giveaway before games, how many usually show up for it? What are the chances of getting tickets if you got the facepaint and show up an hour early??

10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Yall definitely caught their attention....Bill gave yall props on the broadcast for the SA trip...

Hope to join yall for a couple this year...I probably cant keep up with most of yall, but I'll do my damndest. :)

11. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

pretty good, he mentioned in the other thread that people barely even show up, as long as you scream and go crazy, you'll get a tix.

btw, krosfyah, any update if they are going to show anything from the SA trip? Just curious, its been like 4 games, and nothing on the half time report.

12. Realjad

After I got home from the game I watched it on tivo and while Bill showed the Rowdys he went on about how we all really need to applaud the rowdys and he then went into description about how you all went to san antonio and what a great job you all did.

13. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

14. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

Last nights game was fun in the Rowdy section even though it was a yawner after halftime.

7 of us in the back (row 240) were heckling the rowdies to get louder ;)

This was a quiet rowdy night if you ask me. Seemed like they were louder in the cheap seats above us.

btw, if anyone TiVo'd the Spurs game, could you post the interview where Bill talks about us? I didn't get to see that and all 8 of us that went there forgot to TiVo it.

15. redefined

Trust me, that was not fun at all. We never had a chance to get into the game.

Although, I definitely enjoyed it when Mutumbo started throwing t-shirts to the crowd during a timeout. Tmac thought that looked like more fun than the game itself and anything JVG had to say in the huddle and started throwing some of his own ;)

16. redefined

I'm actually watching the telecast right now on LP and you can hear the rowdies chant "cut your hair" when Childress was shooting free throws. That was funny too

1st qtr 1:26 mark

17. krosfyah

No, I haven't heard anthing. I'll definately post it (or somebody will) the moment they do. They may never do anything with it ...who knows. If they are gonna make a half-time show, it probably takes a few weeks at least ...and that's if they've got nothing else to do.

18. XxShadyPinkxX

XxShadyPinkxX Contributing Member

I usually sit in the higher sections. :eek: Can't afford lowers. lol There's definitely a difference. Usually if u even squeek up there, people stare at u funny. If u try a chant, MAYBE one or two join in. They just get loud for the t-shirt tosses. But last night sittin behind the Rowdies, lets just say I was dizzy driving home. I can't imagine what it sounds like when we're playing the Mavs or Spurs.