1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Red Rowdies Auditions: Saturday, Oct. 5th, 5PM

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 00rocketgirl, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

nope, it started here, the marketing team went to Clutch and gave the idea to start a fan based section to emulate other teams (Steelers, Spurs). A few members started it, where we bought our own tickets, never given. JVG noticed how great the section was, and bought tickets for the section the following season in 06-07

2. bmd

bmd Member

3. dragician

dragician Member

4. bmd

bmd Member

It was all a dream
    I used to read SLAM magazine
    Clyde, Hakeem, and the team up in the limousine
    Hangin' banners on the wall
    Every single day check the stats, man them Rockets playin' ball
    I let the Clutch City tape rock 'til my tape popped
    Watchin' Hakeem and Sam too, gettin' buckets and blockin' shots
    Way back, when I had the red and yellow lumberjack
    With the hat to match
    Remember Double Clutch, ha-ha, ha-ha
    You never thought H-Town would take it this far
    Now we in the limelight 'cause it's Houston's time right
    Time to get paid, blow up like the world trade
    Born sinner, the opposite of a winner
    Remember when Lin was sleepin' on couches after dinner
    Peace to D-Mo, T-Jo, Casspi
    The Beard, Asik, Patrick Beverley
    They blowin' up like you thought they would
    Call Clutch City, same number, same hood
    It's all good

And if you don't know, now you know

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

a bunch of hating ass haters.

If you hate the rowdies and don't want to hear them, drown them out. There is only 50 of them or so. There is only 18,000 of everyone else. Oh that's right, they're in the club section sitting on their hands playing on their iphones asking if they're on television.

True story. Forgot what game I was at but I sat behind the bench one game, and some idiot told them to put the game on because they're behind the bench. Both parties couldn't locate it on uverse and could not figure out why.

1 person likes this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Is there anything, or anyone, that half of Clutchfans doesn't hate?

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Yeah, that's what she gets for wearing a Celtics jersey to a Rockets game. You think that **** would fly in Boston if you wore a Rockets jersey at their arena?

You know in some places you get shot and killed for wearing the opposing team's shirt.

she was wearing a Celtics jersey. pshh.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Can't afford to buy season tickets or have a car to drive to area so they hate on the Rowdies.

9. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

Thanks for posting! This sounds like too much fun. :)

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Man you still dont be disrespectful and classless period. Especially if the Rockets bring you on to be apart of their organization. If something was to happened, you can best believe they will cancel the red rowdy thing.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Same here. It's funny to be somewhat close to them though, so you can see how miserable everyone is who sits right by them.

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I wish instead of the rowdies how about just sell discounted tickets to that section. That way more fans get benefits.

13. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Who you talkin bout bro

14. Normalus

Normalus Member

LMAO. Rep this guy for true, cause that's what happens after every win/lose

15. SupeR2706

SupeR2706 Member

Ill admit, they can be annoying but to play devil's advocate, have YOU ever sat with them?!? My brother and I did once and its pretty fun to watch, cheer, and enjoy the game with a bunch of FANS that enjoy and are as big of fans as you. If you don't like them or dont want to audition then don't. Its pretty simple.

16. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

17. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

How many people show up on average to audition and how many rowdies do they choose? Is there favoritism with former rowdies?

18. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

I remember that game. I remember yelling at the guy non stop who kept throwing the confetti towards her. I got really angry with him. He has long been kicked out of the Rowdies for behavior like this. Sorry for your poor experience.

I always say if you stand with the Rowdies, and embrace the full Rowdy experience, I can guarantee you'll enjoy it.

It varies from season to season. Sometimes we'll have over a 100. Sometimes 70.
    50 Rowdies are selected. Occasionally they'll select less than that and have a second tryout at a viewing party or have some promotion to earn a spot. If you don't make it, you're often put on an email list where you may be contacted to fill in when Rowdies are absent. I've seen many people become full-time Rowdies who didn't initially make the cut by proving themselves when invited to a game.

I wouldn't say favoritism. Veteran Rowdies have already proven dependable & won't flake after a game or 2. They've already proven themselves, but veteran Rowdies are not immune to being cut. We all have to tryout again every season. I see some former Rowdies cut at auditions almost every season.

New logo this season btw

[​IMG]

19. Drunk_Goat

Drunk_Goat Member

I dont really see the need for red rowdies in the location they're at. I say they need to put them in the club level seats until the actual ticket holders show up. It's embarrassing how little people are sitting in those center court seats. But if the camera spans anywhere else it looks great a lot of the time.

20. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I've been asked to be one of the judges this year, so if you're coming out to audition tomorrow at 5, stop by to say hello.

In a year like this, it's going to be crazy... free season tickets in a year that looks like a very hot ticket.

BTW, 00rocketgirl showed up in the Rowdies commercial.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10101123242325263" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0"></iframe>