1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Red Hot Chili Peppers vs. Faith No More

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Aug 6, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Who was better - Red Hot Chili Peppers or Faith No More?

Both were similar bands that were into funk and rap along with the hard rock/metal that they were known for. Also, Anthony Kiedis and Mike Patton had a well-known feud (but that was more with Patton's other band at the time in Mr. Bungle).

I am voting for Faith No More as I feel they don't get nearly enough respect or recognition for their contributions.

CRAP - forgot to do the poll; oh well, I am not re-doing the thread or starting another one. Just say who you thought was better.

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

yes in before the poll options are up!

i thought you werent going to create this thread for fear of the mods?

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

haha! no poll! :p FAIL.

[​IMG]

4. Manny Ramirez

I would delete the thread if I could and do it with a poll but oh well.

Well you are right but considering that another one was started by emjohn on GnR and Metallica, I decided too anyway.

Oh well, I'm off to bump the chow yun fat thread!

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Manny, I'm disappointed in you.

This poll sucks.

RHCP is a great band, Faith No More had one hit and it sounded like ****ing pop trash.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT IT AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWL BUT YOUUUUUUUU CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

****ing awe-inspiring lyrics there.

Mike Patton did better work later on.

also - IN BEFORE all the music snobs will come in and say how RHCP used to be good until Hillel Slovak died and then all they could manage to do was hook up a big **** machine that constantly churned out **** out of a big **** valve and nothing but **** came out and then they ate that **** and ****ted out that **** and then forcefed that **** to the masses who then **** out the **** that was made of their **** until everyone had to **** out the **** and **** got really ****ty.

6. The_Yoyo

wait no poll?

oh man Manny is this what you have been reduced to?

sigh

oh yeah

[​IMG]

7. The_Yoyo

DD's kids fall in a faint

8. Manny Ramirez

Beat me to it!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to The_Yoyo again."

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

looks like you wanted it all,
    but..

you can't have it.

RHCP wins

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Eastside love is living on the West End.

Also, Faith No More doesn't have a "LITERAL Music Video" :eek:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ILhJs8BLcTQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ILhJs8BLcTQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

11. Manny Ramirez

I hear ya, moe and know what you are saying (especially the last Richard Pryoresque part). However, if you listen to The Real Thing and Angel Dust all the way through, you may change your mind on FNM being a one hit wonder fad.

But I will say that listening to Flea play the bass never ceases to amaze me - love his sound.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

RHCP used to be good until Hillel Slovak died and then all they could manage to do was hook up a big **** machine that constantly churned out **** out of a big **** valve and nothing but **** came out and then they ate that **** and ****ted out that **** and then forcefed that **** to the masses who then **** out the **** that was made of their **** until everyone had to **** out the **** and **** got really ****ty.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I just think its stupid how music snobs discredit all RHCP after Slovak died because they weren't a hip, indie p-funk wannabe band that played in dive bars in the early 80s.

They've been making good music for the past 25 years, thats not easy to do.

Sure, Kiedis is like whatever... but John Frusciante and Flea are radical.

14. The_Yoyo

for the record i go RHCP

my favorite FNM isnt even their song, its a cover of the Commodores classic, Easy

sorry Manny I dont understand how you could compare the two groups.

15. Southern Select

They are rad, and they could be making great music instead of generic pop songs. That's the problem. I would love those two to attempt something in the vein of Funkadelic's One Nation Under A Groove. I think they could pull it off. We get Anthony Kiedis pop ballads instead.

16. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Red Hot Chili Peppers, although Faith No More is very good.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

QFT..

18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I vote for Angel Dust, just the album. Can I do that? RHCP could never do anything approaching that.

1 person likes this.
  19. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

RHCP for longevity, but half of that is not for me. The albums/songs I like, I like quite a bit. Really haven't enjoyed anything from them since "One Hot Minute."

I was a big FNM fan, but they really just didn't do enough. What they did, I liked a lot, and while maybe the public only liked that one song, it isn't their best by a longshot. Angel Dust is a great album.

Both had plenty of originality when they started, but RHCP somehow keeps on churning whether we want them to or not.

Overall, I have to give it to RHCP, but that's more due to a larger body of work than for being "Better" overall. Also good to see other FNM fans out there.

20. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I kill you and steal all your rep. :mad: