1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Red Hot Chili Peppers going at it with Tad Brown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Anthony is a really little guy. I saw him 2-3 years ago in downtown Chicago at a restaurant I frequent. He had a girl maybe 22-23 years old and she was half a foot taller than him. He looked like a 55 year old midget wearing his grandsons clothes. Looked ****ing absurd. He ended up at the bar sitting next to me and my boy Roc. He was polite but between me and my boy we were 13 feet and 550 lbs and he was maybe 135 lbs. also doesn’t help that Roc looks perpetually pissed off.

malakas, D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Frusciante was not on drugs during Blood Sugar Sex Magik. That was their last good album. That was 1991.

3. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Tad would sqush that dude!

4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

That’s surprising - I don’t remember even once when they were good. I remember when they were popular, but never good.

Rox Addict likes this.
  5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

fwiw... I'd rather go see Melo perform with his current group - than Kiedis with his... lol

I went to the first lalapalooza (w Janes Addiction, NIN, Bodycount, etc...) - i didnt bother when RHCP headlined...

Williamson likes this.
  6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

But what is this guy talking about? Dude is talking about how Kiedis should have been thrown out in a video that clearly shows Kiedis being thrown out.

BigM and D-rock like this.
  7. Williamson

I bet he doesn't ever wanna feel like he did that day. Security took him to the place he loves - took him all the way.

joeson332 likes this.
  8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Just had a thought
    If this was westbrook it would've ended badly

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

[​IMG]

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Isn't the Grunge Era mostly dissed ?

RHCP has a few songs I like..... Pearl Jam and Nirvana too.

11. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Lmfao. I used to think people didn’t know basketball here, but holy ****. This is a whole different level of ignorance.

12. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Shame on you for forgetting the Kobe v Artest dust up

D-rock likes this.
  13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Explain, or just leave that bull**** hanging there?

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

RHCP has nothing to do with grunge. They were formed before the idea of "grunge" existed. Grunge was a Seattle thing.

Houstunna and Torn n Frayed like this.
  15. Williamson

No. It's the late 90's with bands like Nickelback and Creed (that were largely influenced by the grunge era) that is largely dissed.

Houstunna, malakas and Nook like this.
  16. Handles

Handles Member

You have an unpopular opinion on their albums. Most people consider Californication and By the Way amongst their best. I like Blood Sugar too, though, don’t get me wrong.

Did you watch Funky Monks? It’s a documentary about the recording of Blood Sugar. I don’t see how you can watch that and say John wasn’t on drugs... of course not as hardcore as later in life, but he and Kiedis definitely dabbled around that time. I think Kiedis was a really bad influence for frusciante (concerning drugs).

17. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

LA is filled with toxic people like him. Fakest city in America.

SemisolidSnake likes this.
  18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I'm old :p
    I bought Uplift Mofo Party Plan when it was their latest album. Guitarist Hillel Slovak died after that (from heroin). When they got Frusciante the first time, they put out 2 good albums, then he left (heroin). When they got Dave Navarro, I thought that would be my dream lineup, but it didn't pan out.
    Oldster story: saw them 3 dates in a row in 1990: Ownings Mills MD (boring theater seating), American University (boring seating; passed Frusciante on the sidewalk after the show as he snuck over to Tower Records in a black overcoat; he was like a 19-year-old kid); The Boathouse, Newport News: SHREDDER. No seats: mosh pit. My large friend got tossed out immediately. One of the best shows I've seen by any band.

P.S. They do have one awesome song that's more recent: "Black Cross" from Live in Hyde Park is one of their best.

19. pass_to_Hakeem

He said ... “sit down b****!!!”

20. BackdoorHarden

AK better watch like I better the Rockets owner is a mademan and have ties to the Italian American Businessmen Association of America.