1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Red Dead Redemption sequel

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FranchiseBlade, Aug 9, 2014.

Tags:
  1. CXbby

CXbby Member

Witcher 3 was by far my favorite game ever, so much so that I found a way to invest in CDPR stock from the Polish exchange. This game just might top it. I'm still not too far into it, and I doubt you will have the same choice/consequence/multiple endings as W3, even still, everything is just way more polished and in-depth in RDR2. Truly next gen, and that has nothing to do with the graphics. (Although that's the best mud graphics I've ever seen) I remember liking the original RDR, but this is something else. They are going to make so much money on Red Dead Online... checks TTWO stock price....

2. CXbby

CXbby Member

Tips for playing in 1st person. The default controls are TERRIBLE, they seem delayed or a ton of input lag, so much so that it was unplayable for me. You want to turn dead zone all the way down, and acceleration all the way up. Also you can turn FOV all the way up. Now I free roam in 3rd person and combat in 1st person. Free aim on foot and 3rd person lock on on horse - much more rewarding combat experience, feels less like the game is playing for you. Also looting indoors is much easier in 1st person.

donkeypunch likes this.
  3. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Got on for a couple of hours last night. I finally bought my first horse and then spent a long time hunting.

I remember in RDR1 I would sit out in the middle of nowhere forever and just shoot down animals. Now I can track them, put out bait for them, and trap them? I was so immersed in it that I had to force myself to finally turn it off and go to sleep.

FranchiseBlade and donkeypunch like this.
  4. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I've bought literally every item in every color combo in the game I've come across thus far, while also giving about $10,000 to the camp in total - and I still have nearly $40,000 left.

mrm32 likes this.
  5. Svpernaut

Hunting and fishing are crazy time sinks, and Rockstar was brilliant for making them more in depth. To gather all of your crafting materials needed for all of the upgrades, probably takes 20 hours of game play or more.

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Does some of the haziness of the backdrop bother anybody else or is just me? What are some settings to get rid of it? Ive turned brightness down and sharpness way down.

Just saw a commercial again and saw that it was rather hazy on that as well.

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I just started the second epilogue. This game is long as hell.

amaru likes this.
  8. Poloshirtbandit

I'm trying to be a good citizen but I keep doing stuff on accident. I pulled a gun on a random person in the town and let another guy fall off a cliff both because I mistakenly pressed the wrong button.

B-Bob likes this.
  9. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I restarted bc of the Sadie/John/Jack bug. I just finishded Ch3 so it was no biggie. The only regret is having to start the Wildlife Art Exhibition requests. Killing birds for it is so tedious.

10. Svpernaut

The lasso is your best friend in these situations. Lasso, hogtie, run... you may get a bounty but you can just pay it off.

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  11. amaru

amaru Member

I’m honestly waiting for the multiplayer

12. Svpernaut

You may be waiting a while. I'm betting it gets pushed until next year - and non-beta maybe even further.

amaru likes this.
  13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

So I'm guessing everybody else has the issue bursting through doors. I always think he'll stop and go through normally.

But nope, he busts through like a madman.

B-Bob, FranchiseBlade and mrm32 like this.
  14. donkeypunch

Is there a trick to finding that damn Arabian horse. I swear Ive ran up and down that lake to no avail. With the default horse being so crappy, I need to find that horse asap.

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Is there no way to track it like other animals you hunt?

16. donkeypunch

There is but you have to be in eye sight of them. Animals show up a blue hue but that damn arabian horse is nowhere to be seen.

After I typed that question, I rode my default horse off a small lip of a mountain and now he has a ****ing broken leg and I either have to kill him or run to the general store to buy a horse reviver. I was not close to that damn store. LOL.

B-Bob and mrm32 like this.
  17. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Ride up to the Lake Isabella area where he hangs out. I always ride around the east side of the lake then cross over and come back down the west side. Ride slowly back down the west side as that's where he hangs out. If you try to catch him and fail, you'll need to go away for a couple days then return and try again.

donkeypunch likes this.
  18. Dirt Road

Dirt Road Member

It's on the left side of the lake next to the cliffs. You can buy the black Arabian from Saint Denis. It's my favorite so far.

donkeypunch likes this.
  19. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ok, so I'm in chapter 6.

I was wrong with my initial suspicions about which gang member to distrust. The writing is pretty clear that Micah is the rat and villain in the gang. That said, it is interesting to watch Dutch's descent into what we saw in the original RDR.

I've also learned you cannot lasso a snapping turtle.

mrm32 likes this.
  20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

It gets even better than that.