1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Red Dead Redemption sequel

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FranchiseBlade, Aug 9, 2014.

Tags:
  1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Rockstar is on another level when it comes to attention to detail. Immersion is pretty groundbreaking.

tehG l i d e and seclusion like this.
  2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

okay good, this is exactly what I read on the reviews... Seriously considering xbox x deal since I have an S. But.... Man ps4 has so many games Blah

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I basically got my One X to play RDR2, it hasn't disappointed me. I definitely can't deny PS4 has better exclusives ATM though. Play Anywhere (getting games on PC that you paid for on Xbox), and backwards compatibility with Xbox/360 is pretty dope though. Also...PS4 pro can't even do 4k Blu-rays...what's up with that?

Pro is already underpowered, at least the X is somewhat future proofed. There's definitely pros and cons to both though.

CCity Zero likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Rockstar and CD Projekt Red

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yup. Its very fitting that the whole game feels like Witcher 3 in a Wild West setting.

FranchiseBlade and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. fchowd0311

I have a PS4 Pro but a 1080P TV currently so the upscaling issues doesn't effect me. The game is one of the most gorgeous games ever and I played recent demanding PC games also. I'm surprised they squeezed so much out of these consoles.

7. Beezy

Beezy Member

I checked out some PS4 streams and the game still looks fantastic. I don't see how anybody that played the original on either console would be disappointed with the graphics.

KingCheetah likes this.
  8. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Can u upgrade unique/rare weapons?

9. fchowd0311

The game performs exactly the same on both consoles if you are on a 1080p tv. The only difference between the two consoles is when playing on a 4k tv.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I'm still blown away by GTA V graphics on 360 - this game might freak me out.

11. Beezy

Beezy Member

That's not true - frame rate is better on the Pro/X (the base consoles drop to 20s during busier scenes). Pro/X also offer other image quality benefits like improved level of detail and super sampling on a 1080p display (renders at a higher resolution and then super samples to 1080p to eliminate jagged edges and shimmering).

#231 Beezy, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  12. fchowd0311

Oh I understand that. I'm referring the difference between PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. Obviously the older models of the current gen are not going to perform as well as the updated models.

13. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I played a ton this weekend (I'm traveling this upcoming weekend and won't get to play) and I am floored. This is the most visually beautiful game I've ever seen.

I've made it through a lot of the first-camp-in-Lemoyne/Rhodes missions and have really loved the portrayal of the South. Of course, I briefly rode my horse to St. Denis just to see it and I can't wait for the story to take me to that city.

Character-wise, I feel like the game is setting Sean up as some kind of Pinkerton mole. Arthur keeps asking why he always seems to be knocked-out early in their heists or unscathed, plus he had to be rescued from bounty hunters outside of Blackwater early on. I don't trust him.

Here are some general game play tips I've come across:
    • Using the ledger in camp, after Dutch's tent has been upgraded (might be worth doing this early since more gang members begin to contribute), Arthur's tent can be upgraded to enable fast travel ($260).
    • You can lasso witnesses without losing honor/being caught.
    • Lassoing large animals lets you keep them in place and get in close for a (albeit pretty brutal) knife kill without damaging the animal.
    • You can hold square/X to continually loot things from cupboards etc.

mrm32 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great tips. I'm still in chapter 2 and probably pretty early in chapter 2. I don't even remember how to upgrade the camp. Is that at the General store? IT's possible there is something I still have to do in order to upgrade Dutch's and Arthur's tents.

15. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can upgrade the camp using the ledger next to Dutch's tent (it's next to the donation deposit box).

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Thanks so much. This will come in handy.

17. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Finally got the chance to play it tonight. I only got about an hour and a half in. It's definitely slow to start off (I expected that) but I can see myself playing this game for HOURS.

I havent even scratched the surface of this game yet.

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

At the rate I'm playing I probably won't finish this until next year. I'll need to take a week off work and play non-stop like I did with The Witcher 3.

seclusion likes this.
  19. l3uddhab0y

l3uddhab0y Contributing Member

Also I believe you have to do Strauss mission to collect some of the gang's debt before unlocking the ability to use the ledger.

Some other tips i found.

-SW of the camp there is a rundown village. Look in the sheriff's building to find a gold bar which you can fence for $500.

-When riding, with your way point set, if you hold down the middle button it would activate cinematic mode and it will auto ride to the location for you.

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Thanks, that's very cool.