1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Red Claws Draft James White?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WALAWALA, Sep 2, 2009.

1. WALAWALA

WALAWALA Rookie

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

James White needs to go make his money in Europe while he can...

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just think White doesn't need to waste a roster spot on the Rockets unless there has been some vast improvement.

4. WALAWALA

WALAWALA Rookie

5. ABZERO

ABZERO Member

He didn't play well in SL. Plus, with Pops' coming, he's no doubt a gonner.

6. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Leagues like the NBA's D-League and the old Continental Basketball Association always have drafts that include some then-current NBA players. Teams in those leagues attempt to strategically draft the best talent possible after assessing the likelihood that a then-current NBA player will not end up making his NBA team's final roster. So you might see some young fringe NBA players and certain late NBA second round picks also taken in a "minor league" draft.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Did anyone draft McGrady?

8. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

James White is done with the rockets.. lol. after two sg draft picks.. pops and ariza?

9. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

white sounded like a good idea but he basically got out played by our soon to be rookies...he should go to europe or something

10. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I wonder how the NBDL draft would work or look like!?!?!?!?!

And with the First Pick in 2009 NBDL draft the Red Claws pick JAMES WHITE from the Houston Rockets bench...... :D

11. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Morey said the reason they brought White aboard and signed him (non-guaranteed) for the 09-10 season was because they had no draft picks and they could develop him as they would a rookie. After buying three draft picks, White is no longer necessary. They could keep him around to help facilitate a trade, but don't look for him to be on the team this season. I don't think the Red Claws have any inside information, but they do seem to have a more astute front office than a team like, say... the Astros.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Rockets please just keep him around for one dunk contest -- that's all I ask.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

They should totally do that, then release him right after he wins it. Would be hilarious.

14. bigbadjon_e

bigbadjon_e Member

I don't know if anyone else saw White at Pro City. I won't lose any sleep if this story pans out the way we expect.

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

He seems so talented, but he is apparently not going to play for the Rockets this season.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

With his athleticism, White could easily be a stud Olympic track and field star. Too bad he chose the wrong sport.

17. milkoholic17

milkoholic17 Member

Well I remember in an interview, James White wanted to be to the Rockets what Trevor Ariza was to the Lakers. He wanted to become a Trevor Ariza type player. Well, apparently the Rockets thought the same, but with a different approach. We actually got Trevor Ariza, so I'm guessing James White is rendered useless? :confused:

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

The thing is, I'm not sure why White sucked. The comp in summer shouldn't be that different from the D-League's best, yet his production went from Kobe to Ryan Bowen.

He seemed to have the total package coming in: athletecism, maturity, willingnes to defend and bball experience yet for some reason he got outplayed even by Dorsey. Most of the time it even seemed liked a lack of effort in his part, he seemed disinterested on the court. I wonder what happened?

19. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

Can't wait for someone to start a thread, "Was James White worth it?"

20. foo82

foo82 Member

Well, Summer League ain't everything. Donte Greene outperformed then and look where he is now. Also both AB and Landy did not perform that well during SL games, especially Landry.