1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Red Alert: Wed Mar 15 vs Mavs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by emjohn, Mar 2, 2006.

1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Season/Partial Season Ticket Holders can get the Red Alert section for $40 (vs $50) for this game, and I am rounding up no less than 8 guys for Red Alert hollaring duty.

[​IMG]
    Who's With Me!!!

Evan

2. xlr817

xlr817 Member

I think the Roxs need to find a way to lock Terry & Dirk Diggler in a sound proof closet in order to win! ;)

3. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

My mom will be in town. I can't make this one. :(

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

I'm not going to watch that one, I have suffered enough. Tell me if the Rockets win. ;)

5. droxford

droxford Member

Wow! not much response!

I think that

a) people have a bad taste in their mouths after Wednesday's lackluster performance

and

b) the financial motivation (discounted tickets) from the first Red Alert was a huge factor.

6. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

yes and yes! In the long term, I dont think the red alert seciton is going to work very well on a every game basis....on the big games, yes i think it will.

it is tough to spend that much for tickets to a game, especially when the majority of those who want to get loud as hell are college students or equivalent, not all but the majority

7. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Absolutely it was. I've dropped over $100 on the Rockets in the last five days, and I can't keep up that pace, I've got some bills to pay.

emjohn, I would be interested, but if you are buying tickets before this time next week, I can't do it.

8. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Yeah this will never work out if the prices stay at 50 bucks/ game. Atleast for college students like me. The only way this can probably succeed is to market this toward the season ticket holders. Maybe get the people that already pay that much to become more involved in that game.

What could happen is that if you reserve tickets for a game before the season starts, you can get it for 30 or 35 dollars. Something like that.

9. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

rox suck right now so....not going to get the same response if they were actually doing good.

10. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

Since this game is during Spring Break of most universities, making it affordable would be key. I would market towards them and sell tickets at ridiculously low prices (like half off). Since it is against the Mavs, the Rockets need all the help they can get.

On another note, anyone goin to the Spurs game on the 12th (in SA)? I'm delaying my spring break in order to go to it. :)

11. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

I was planning to decide on whether I would go or not wednesday. :p

Hopefully I can still find tix.

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Anyone that actually attends the Mavs-Rockets game has earned my respect regardless of the section their sitting in. Your a glutten for punishment.

13. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

No Doubt! K-Dawg, go talk to Les, he understands that it cost money to be a winner. Tell him to discount the ticket price to every game, and we will start winning more often and selling out more games. Doesnt take a genius to figure this out.

14. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Did yall make T-shirts for Red Alert? I plan on going to the Mavs game w/ some rowwwwdyyyy people.

15. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Miguel, I will be there. the wife got those tickets for me for valentines day. However, the wife is from san antonio and is a spurs fans. Dont remember the section or row, but will post later. let me know

16. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Red Alert hopefuls - there is the possibility that deals might come down the pipe next week. Let's rally here - we can't allow Dirk Diggler to come swaggering into our building!

Evan

17. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

emjohn, how many people do you have going for the game?

18. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

My brother and I are going to the Mavs game. If we can afford Red Alert section, that would be cool. Otherwise we'll be screaming our heads off from the rafters as usual.

I like the Rowdies idea, but the Rockets need to figure out a way to make it cheap and permanent.

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yeah, I agree. I'll be able to afford a ticket down there once or twice, but it won't be a very common place for me to sit because of the prices. I'm more of a nosebleed seater.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I would love to sit in the Red Alert section for this game if the Rockets would be competitive, but against the Mavs this is unlikely.

*hopes my dallas jinx just worked...