1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Recommendations for basketball shoes?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by krnxsnoopy, Aug 13, 2014.

Tags:
  1. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

Since this is a basketball forum I figured this was a good place to ask.

I need a new pair to wear as my primary indoor shoes.

Doesn't necessarily have to be expensive.. I've worn mostly Nike's for bball shoes in the past. Hyperizes, Hyperdunks, and Huaraches back in the day etc etc.

But I'm open to other brands. Haven't bought basketball shoes in 2-3 years so not sure what's out there now.

Any recommendations?

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm a huge fan of Kobe's, but they're low-tops, and I know that's a problem for some people.

3. platypus

platypus Member

I play intermural mainly in kobe 8's or kobe 9's. The kobe venemonon is also a good shoe for the price point.

Also the hyperizes are very comfortable but may degrade quickly. Id say loom for kobes at a good pricepoint and pull the trigger.

4. Swag

Swag Member

go with the nike hyper rev. if u live by a nike factory store u could go into the back and check out the clearance rack.

5. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Nike KD 7's are AMAZING feeling. But on a budget the hyper rev's are good and I'd also suggest lebron soldiers. James hardens kicks, the Nike zoom run the one are 100, you can get it discounted off around 20% or less at finishline and they're comparable to huaraches in fit and comfort

6. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Hi to mid: lebron soldiers for price, hyper dunks or hyper revs
    Low: KD 7, kobe 9, and/or nike zoom run the one

7. SK34

SK34 Member

Kobe's.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

9. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Kobe's are the most comfortable shoes I have ever balled in.
    Whatever you do, stay away from DRoses. Whatever their design is, it has caused an ungodly amount of ankle sprains for me.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Stick with nike.

12. MrBear1

MrBear1 Member

Another vote for the Kobe. Best basketball shoe I have ever worn.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

how picky are you? theres alot of factors in you care about comfort or just looks. just for example your playstyle? front/flat footed? light/heavier shoes?
    different shoes out there cater to all types of players

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

i stay away from kobes bc although they are light and fairly comfortable they have little ankle support.

15. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

Which Kobes are you guys referring to?

Are there any high tops Kobe's? Kind of scared of tweaking or rolling my ankle..

I've had hyperizes that were extremely light, which I liked. But they didn't have much ankle support, and like someone said, flimsy. Not a bad shoe overall though.

My play style is more like a combo-guard/small forward. I rely on my speed and quickness but can rebound pretty good for a guard. So shoe weight preferably isn't too heavy. Obviously comfort is the most important. I also like to drive into the lane so a shoe that'll support quick change of direction would be good also. Looks couldn't hurt but they're not the most important factor.

16. dragician

dragician Member

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

the kobe's 9 elites are the most recent version of his shoes that are hightops but as far as looks some like it and some dont. all the other recent ones lows.

http://www.eastbay.com/product/mode...SEARCH: KEYWORD SEARCH#sku=30847003&size=11.0

my recommendation would be to try on the Nike Hyper lines for basketball (Hyperfuse, Hyper quickness, hyper dunks) these are all fairly light shoes and good ankle support.

18. SuraGotMadHops

19. Duncan McDonuts

I'm in the need for new shoes, too. I play primarily outdoor. From reading reviews and everyone's opinion, sounds like Hyperdunks would work well for outdoor courts. Hopefully, I'll be able to score some at an outlet store.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

ive seen plenty of previous hyperdunks line at the nike outlets. shouldn't be a problem there