1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reclining on airplanes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by HTM, Aug 7, 2019.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Same , looks like we have a lot of shawties up in here. People that recline or get up right when then plane lands...are assholes plain and simple

2. Nook

Nook Member

I’m 6’6”.... my crew are bigger than me. I am going to recline. There is no way in hell Im sitting multiple hours otherwise. I expect the people in front of me to recline too. I do remember flying in Europe 10-15 years ago and I had the trey in front of me opened and there was very little leg room so my knees were up against the seat in front of me and the tray supports. The guy in front of me didn’t like me opening the trey so he slammed his seat back as fast and as much as he could and it crushed my knees. He ended up getting kicked in the head by Dwayne that was sitting next to me. He put his seat forward after that. It bruised pretty bad.

King1 and Astrodome like this.
  3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

If the flight is under 3 hours, don't recline. Mostly only recline if it's night and people want to sleep.
    If you have to recline, inform and pre-apologize.

Shareholder profits are the culprit here, people should be polite and considerate.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Now this is worth starting a civil war about. I say recline away.

I honestly think all seats should automatically recline upon take off and raise when drink service starts.

Nook and Invisible Fan like this.
  5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm not much of a recliner, but I consider reclining to be one's right, so I'm surprised people take so much offense. When the person in front of me reclines, I don't like it, but I don't think he's a jerk for it. What I don't appreciate though is how some people abruptly and forcefully recline all the way back like they never gave a moment's thought to the person behind them. Because they didn't. For myself, I will recline maybe half-way. Don't need to do any more than what's necessary for my basic comfort.

This actually makes sense. But, this isn't any sort of consensus view, so I don't think you're going to get much cooperation.

Standing up as soon as the plane stops makes no sense to me, unless you're in Aisle 1. It's like people never flew in a plane before -- hey, no one is going anywhere for the next 10 minutes, so why are you standing? But, I'm usually window seat, so it's no skin off my nose. I also don't understand why people are so eager to line up to get on the plane early (with the possible exception of the Southwest cattle call). You want to spend more time sitting on a plane? I'll read my book and wait until basically everybody has boarded and then go on with last call.

Lolwut?

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  6. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

If you're in economy, it's pretty disrespectful to the person behind you.

7. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

There used to be ashtrays in the armrests.....

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

they stopped making armrests with ashtrays. They still make make seats that recline...

9. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

And, it took them a while to stop making armrests with ashtrays.

HTM likes this.
  10. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I dont always recline, but will on occasion. Depends on how tired I am, time of flight, and just in general how I am feeling that day. Sometimes my body is a little more tense and I want to recline. If I do recline, I try not to go ALL the way back. I do find it annoying when the person in front of me does it. But, oh well right. They're allowed to.

11. HTM

HTM Member

Some airlines have gone/are going away from seats that recline actually.

It seems like the industry might be going in that direction writ large in short order.

12. HTM

HTM Member

As an aside from the greater controversy.

I'm not usually in the aisle seat but I like to stand up asap not because I'm anxious to get off the plane but because I've been sitting for hours and It's more comfortable to stand at that point and it doesn't effect anyone else so *shrugs*.

I also like to board last or close to last. I get some people are concerned about securing over head space but 1) I don't usually take a carry on bigger than I can put under my seat or 2) gate checking is NBD, they give it back to you at the gate when you land.

#32 HTM, Aug 8, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    JuanValdez likes this.
  13. Exiled

Exiled Member

I'm 4 feet , zero problem with seats reclines if they tolerate unintentional back seat kicks

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

15. HTM

HTM Member

16. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I recline and I expect the person in front of me to recline.

vlaurelio likes this.
  17. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Now you're woke like the rest of us. Spread the word.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Dwayne is part of my crew. He was a childhood friend and after being kicked off his college football team he started working for me and has lived in my house with my wife and kid. He is just always there and very protective and loyal.

He saw the seat in front of me flyback and crush my knees and legs and saw the guy keep pushing. So after I cursed, Dwayne picked up his foot and kicked the guy on the left side of the head and threatened him. The guy put up his seat and didn’t say a word the rest of the flight. It happened so quick that only afterwards did I worry we would get kicked off or arrested. Wouldn’t be the first time he has been arrested protecting me or my family.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm 9'4 tall and It mostly bothers me when the person in front of the person I'm behind reclines. Taking away the leg space that both I and the passenger in front of me share together.

FranchiseBlade and jcf like this.
  20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It's quite funny to see your last posts. While taking this and comparing to d & d posts and see the awesome arguing skills with ashtrays on an airplane.

good lawd