1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rebuilds are actually a lot of fun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vince, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The rebuild was officially over when we drafted YAO
    Unfortunately . . . .we tried to make a short cut and traded for TWack

Imagine getting Cade or Whoever
    They are not great but still progressing and growing as a team
    and
    in year three we trade them for Kris Middleton
    (and I like Kris. . . .now. . but in 3 yrs. . . .I dunno )

Rocket River

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I guess that's what we all are worried about. It reminds us of the Sterling era of the Clippers. They got high picks almost every year. Some of the players they picked were pretty good. But they seldom kept them beyond the rookie contract. So they kept the excitement of high picks and young talents and were in perpetual tanking/rebuilding mold.

3. StevieCrossover

Tanking only fun if you win the lottery prize

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

T-Mac trade was worth it…he was only 24, and he was 1 of the best players in the league…it’s too bad he was lazy and injury prone and ended up regressing during what was supposed to be his prime year

Francis was basically washed 2 years after the trade tho

nigma2000 likes this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I see the Bucks fans having a lot of fun, not sure that we will be that rowdy on draft night....

DD

6. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

Rebuilds are more fun than having teams that aren't good enough (2019-2020 season with Russ) but they have to try and win asap.

It's less "stressful" and you can hope to see something come to fruition.

7. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

thats why I think the Rockets need another high draft pick in the next few years. Hopefully those Nets picks pan out sooner rather then later and we can use them while we still have that no. 2 pick who ever it is developing and maturing at the same time.