1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rebuild, semi rebuild or make a trade or 3 and compete now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PTX, Jan 13, 2021.

?

Rebuild or not

1. FULL REBUILD

70 vote(s)
    54.3%
  2. Semi Rebuild

35 vote(s)
    27.1%
  3. Trade & Compete

24 vote(s)
    18.6%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

All those names you mentioned can't carry a team by themselves.

We are yet to see what they can do.

Names on paper do not guarantee a low playoff seed either.

But there would be a Play In tournament this year too I guess.

2. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Pretty obvious we're flipping Dipo to the Heat by the deadline. Tucker and Ego are on the plank as well. We have the picks to sweeten any deal now. This team will be about Wall and Boogie being reunited, seeing if Silas can become a legit HC, and the development of Wood, until further notice. Tate and Nwaba will remind us what true hustle looks like as filler.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Collins wants to be paid max.

Rather trade for Beal who is better player AND on great contract for 3 more seasons.

4. VoR

VoR Member

Trade and compete just to shut Harden up.

Wall and Woods didn’t come here to lose.

Outlier likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Harden has more wins than Wall-Boogie-Wood combined.

Reeko and bushies like this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

woods, wall, tucker, 3 1st rd for hardon?

7. bushies

bushies Member

Why does anyone care about Tilman's personal finances?

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

:D:D

IF this team managed to sneak into the playoffs, they would get absolutely destroyed

nobody is worried about a Wall-Oladipo backcourt that is worse than the Wall-Beal backcourt that never did anything in the East, and Wood can’t defend

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah...this year is a waste...they will either miss the playoffs or barely sneak in and get obliterated with this current roster...our pick is gonna convey to OKC

the rest of this season and the offseason should be used to tear down the roster, and then the tank job should commence in full force starting next season

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Full rebuild or at least get rid of every player who was here under morey and MDA.

Get new guys in here that will only know Silas system.

I’m glad we hired Silas perfect coach for this whole new rebuild.

crimsonghost likes this.
  11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Well we gave up Lavert and Allen for pennies so not doing a full rebuild starting this season would be very dumb.

We could've potentially been a decent team with Allen at center (he's a good defender, shotblocker), Wood at the 4, Tucker at 3, Lavert at 2 (replacing regulating House to the bench) and John Wall. Allen would've helped a lot with our interior defense. Lavert has a lot of potential, he can be a future all star with enough touches or just a really good scorer.

We got an unhappy Oladipo instead who doesn't even wanna set foot in the city of Houston (he's demanding to be traded to the Heat).

If our goal isn't to tank hard this year to try and get our pick back (top 4 protected), we'll know just how bad our org is now under Tilman's cheapass.

Honestly, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me since tanking this year for a top 4 pick is a huge gamble.

12. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Because he is the owner of the Rockets.

13. Outlier

Outlier Member

Question:

If Cousins and the other players felt disrespected by Harden not wanting to buy in/ not taking the team seriously. Why wouldn't they feel disrespected now by the organization given that the latest transactions don't point towards wanting to win? I would feel pretty pissed off if I was Cousins and Wall if they told me that the the goal is to tank or I would feel pissed off at the pisspoor effort of surrounding me with talent.

14. Outlier

Outlier Member

The coach didn't either.

If the goal is to lose, no good culture will be made.

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

For years I was very pro tanking, it was the completely logical choice.

Over the last few years, I've kind of grown not to love it. People will be quick to point out the few tanking successes, but the failure rate over the last 20 years is far higher. The losing culture permeates the organization, so even when you get a good player by the time you've started to build something he wants out. That's assuming you ever even get that stud to begin with. Most of the contenders recently have gotten great by building a foundation without tanking, and then luring stars to play for them (or signing LeBron)

I'm not opposed to tanking either, but if the Rockets want to use all of these picks in the next few years to build organically without tanking, I'm OK with it. The simple fact is Tilman has created a stench in the organization, losing 60 games for a few years isn't gonna help that. We need to become a place players want to be, sans Harden.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'd rather be competitive, we don't even own most of our own FRPs the next few years anyway. What's the point in tanking?

Now that the Harden stink is gone, I think this team has enough talent to be like .500, let's be competitive and now we have assets to trade for a younger star if one becomes available.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The key is building a team centered culture. No more star focused team. We win as a team and lose as a team. I think Silas will be great at positive culture building.

18. raspar

raspar Member

Our picks to ok are 1-4 protected.

19. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Going to be difficult to ever attain the first star in FA with this ownership. The only way to build this team going forward is through the draft and via trade. And that is why the choice to be more flexible was made by Stone.