1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rebecca Black strikes again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sydeffect, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

She's 16. And the song is about how she got trashed the night before?

2. Apps

Apps Member

That's absolutely true. Her "Friday" song was made by some pay-to-produce company, or something of the sort. It was basically a teeny-bopper pop factory for rich people to invest their kids in.

However, the fallout from that video humanized her quite a bit, if you ask me. She went from being some [probably] narcissistic rich girl to being the butt of the entire internet, and by extent much of the modern world. That would be pretty damn rough for just about anyone, and if you recall any of the comments, people were just tearing her apart. People like her (people who want to pay for their own "fame") aren't usually deserving of much sympathy, but that must've been a hugely humbling, if not depression-inducing experience for her.

I think the song/video is brilliant--not musically, of course, but from a pure marketing standpoint. She's sticking to her "brand" (Friday), but is still trying to make it into the teeny-pop genre, which will eat this **** up, especially given her mainstream notoriety. She will amass fans purely by the name recognition, the infamy, and the irony of liking her alone. Not to mention that the music is really no worse than whatever crap 13 year old girls are listening to nowadays, anyway. With all of those ingredients, I can see her capitalizing on her misguided fame and making some real money.

3. what

what Member

she wanted to be a pop singer ans she made a song that got a lot of exposure, which wasn't really her fault.

nobody was "manufacturing" anything.

if you listen to her sing there is honesty in her voice. demi lovato, miley are manufactured.

i actually think rebecca is clearly underrated as a pop voice BECAUSE of friday, but she has talent.

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

White people.....

This betta....
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/h-l2B3j8XHY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

watched the first minute or so, i get it. shes trying to make fun of her self and show that friday didnt affect her, so she named the song saturday. i can already see the people that put this together. "let make a song called saturday to show the world how strong of a girl you are.. YAY".

as for talent, there isnt much there. there are thousands of girls that can sing at the level she can, her music is more heavily pitch corrected, robotic auto-tune bs written and produced by people that dont need rebecca black's "talent." this is a last attempt to sell some music based on her previous internet fame that she fell ass backwards into.. record labels probably bending her over and all she cares about is fame..

6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

As obnoxious as she is, she may do well with this song.

She ripped off Katy Perry's Last Friday Night (don't judge me for knowing that), but I'm glad she somewhat redeemed herself.

7. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Wow. Good call. Did not know she was that young.

BUT...if we're honest, I was gettin' on poppin' in the 8th grade. Had a 4.0 but went to school drunk with my buddies a couple of times a week.

Not a smart move, but I turned out alright.

8. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Agreed.

Also... What is with the black guy being arrested at the end of the video?
    A cop just busts into their party and walks out with the only black guy?

The Miley-esque girl is definitely the highlight of the video:
    [​IMG]

I thought I had heard this song before:
    [youtube]7l8wZbqTww0[/youtube]

9. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Rebecca Black and Mom Sue Friday Record Label

The guy who comes in at the end references the first song... I think this song is her way of getting revenge at Wilson. "I know you basically took advantage of me, but I can laugh at myself and how stupid that song was..." which also shows up in the line "gotta forget about Friday" or whatever. I think she has Wilson's black stand-in arrested at the end as part of this revenge.

10. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

She has a pretty good cameo in this video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KlyXNRrsk4A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. rudan

rudan Member

That will happen in her next music video, Sunday.........

12. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

first thing i said to hahaha.

13. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

She had to pay for all of those fake friends lol

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

monopoly can get outta hand man

15. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Wow she sure packed on the pounds quick. I shudder to imagine what she'll look like at 25.

16. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

I actually felt bad for her after watching this video...
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zwSflBfu_Nc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bullying can be hell especially for a 14 year old...she seems fairly down to earth and humble

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

Would be her friend.

18. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The best outcome for her at this point would be to pull a DJ Pauly D and capitalize off her infamy by learning some decent DJ skills and pulling down millions nightly by playing at the huge clubs in Vegas. Beyond that, Godspeed...

19. supdudes

supdudes Member

This epitomizes all that is wrong with society today.

So many people think can be recognized without accomplishment, have fame without hard work, and be relevant without sculpting a self-identity first.

Rebecca Black is a casualty of the pervading culture.

20. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

The Kardashian family laughs at your futile attempt to stem this tide.:grin: