1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reasons to reserve excitement over #2 pick...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, Jul 28, 2021.

1. xaos

xaos Member

So weird to have so many people trying to control other people's emotions.

Having a top 3 pick is exciting and can be franchise changing. If you don't want to be excited about that what makes you think you're so important to tell the next person not to?

It's so weird to me how some people have used this amazing time as a fan (the off-season before we make the 2nd pick) as a time to argue, puff up their chest, tell others to not have high hopes, etc.

Go be an angry bitter person the rest of your life and **** off

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's more because Orlando has been one of the worst organizations in the league for years, it's the same organization the got their ideas/plans leaked because the gm wrote them on a board during a meeting with vip fans, a meeting were he also called one of his players Pooper Mario (Hezonja), lol. The same dudes also traded Sabonis for Ibaka expiring and declining thinking he was going to stay and be a star...

D-rock likes this.
  3. 19bernardo87

19bernardo87 Member

Honestly, I feel like it's just Mobley Mobster so far who can get a bit "annoying", but I can understand why people feel strongly.

I'm leaning towards Mobley myself, but I haven't seen much of a reason to be super high on anyone except Cade.

I do worry that some people are too optimistic about Green--not just here, but also in the internet and media in general.

20 points per game, or even per 36 (something like 25 per 100), on good efficiency seems far-fetched.

D-rock likes this.
  4. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

All of this. We need to avoid picking #1 or #2, too many busts. Where was Jokic drafted, and how do we trade to get that pick?

peleincubus and ElDobleK like this.
  5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Hasheem Thabeet. Good ol days.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya. Most who prefer Green would be also fine and exited about Mobley. It seems like those who prefer Mobley think Green is going to bust and be a scrub.

I know I would personally be very exited about Mobley.

Great thing about Mobley and Green is they both seems like high character guys but in their own way as Mobley is more reserved and Green is more of an extrovert.

So if they do bust it won't be because of off the court issues.

#26 fchowd0311, Jul 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    burlesk, Milos, Denovo and 2 others like this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Also want to say (while i have not even a minimum desire to enter in it) that i've lurking here and there in the past weeks and the Green vs Mobley stuff is probably the most dumb/useless debate i've ever seen here. Just enjoy the moment since it's actually great for the Rockets.

19bernardo87 and fchowd0311 like this.
  8. fchowd0311

Ya arguing between Green and Mobley is a great thing.

People need perspective and remember a couple of months ago we were afraid that we might not even have a top 5 pick. Imagine how depressing this place would be.

ElDobleK and Vivi like this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Just trade the 2 pick for Westbrook and a 2nd round pick to draft the next Jokic so you have that and Westbrook, two stars for one likely bust of a pick :eek::D

mikenm268 likes this.
  10. BonziWellsGOAT

Yeah I feel the same way. I slightly prefer Green because I don't think he is just an empty bucket getter. By all accounts his work ethic and desire to learn and be great are really high which is enticing but ill be perfectly happy with Mobley as well. Either way we're getting a great prospect

burlesk, Denovo and fchowd0311 like this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Over the last 4-5 years our society has turned into a gaslighting bunch. Everything is overdramatized and there must be only 2 options. People HAVE to choose and then fight to the death over their opinion.

Whats not to like! -----------> /s

fchowd0311 likes this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Absolutely, and arguing is great of course, but you get what i'm saying, it was the way some of those arguments were made, looked like the families of both players were pulling a KD on clutchfans.

BamBam and fchowd0311 like this.
  13. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

For all the “know-it-all’s” on this board…

It’s better to be pleasantly surprised, than to be sourly disappointed. Hopefully we’ll be pleasantly surprised by the production of whoever Raffyel chooses… if not

[​IMG]

…….
    …….
    …….

Killatron 2000, burlesk, Vivi and 2 others like this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

15. Landry's Tooth

I have hope, I'm just hedging it some. I think Stone has gotten more right than wrong and am willing to trust his decision making unlike many of the GMs picking in the lottery...

16. Landry's Tooth

I'm in the Mobley camp. I'm fine with Green but have concerns with his and porter developing together. They say the right things now but they both can't be the man...

I feel it's easier to find a scoring guard with the other picks than someone that can do what Mobley can.

I'm talking about all things relatively equal these become factors...

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

Fair points but I'm also afraid that star bigs have less control of their usage rates and therefore impact on the offensive end because of how guard dominant the modern NBA is. Modern star bigs tend to have more lapses of completely disappearing in games because they just can't control when they get the ball as much as star guards.

Prime examples are AD and Towns both are known for being passive and just dispersing in games sometimes and it mainly has to do with guards not feeding them well.

Also, I do have bias in that I prefer watching exiting guard play. I idolized Dream as a kid but the game I tried to mimick in the backyard and gym was Kobe, AI, Jordan etc because my bias prefers the excitement of athletic wirey guards like Green.

BonziWellsGOAT likes this.
  18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Reeko and D-rock like this.
  19. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I can understand if the OP did a thread on "Reasons to reserve excitement over #18 pick...", but come on man...

We have the #2 pick that can be a potential star working with an exciting future core.

20. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Is this a party pooper thread?

alethios and glimmertwins like this.