1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reason #59841275 I get sick listening to Bill Worrell

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LSSLAMBAM, Nov 7, 2017.

1. MVP4THREE

MVP4THREE Member

ok, well i apologized about a million times. do you feel validated? your bulge feel bigger now? good, im happy for you. carry on with your life. i dont care if you or anyone else "never forgets" what i did.

[​IMG]

2. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

He's significantly better than Ackerman trying to make everything about his bad pun jokes...

3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Why is your avi a picture of a traumatizing injury?

j/w what that injury means to you. Does it hold a special place in your heart?

4. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Tillman needs to sign VanGundy to the broadcast team.

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

@Mathrocker i lold at this gif

macho GRANDE and MVP4THREE like this.
  6. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

I love Bill! And Craig is very good as well. Anybody would be a tough act to follow after Gene and Jim.

7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Hey, I grew up with Worrell too - I've been watching since I was like 5 and he's been there as long as I have been watching and I'm old(earliest memory is watching Akeem play in the NCAA tourney)....that said, he is definitely getting a bit long in the tooth and has solidified himself as the ultimate homer. He's still good at calling a game(keeps the conversation going and the audience well informed) and clearly he loves his Rockets but I would like to see Root maybe bring someone younger on to work with Bill until his inevitable retirement.

That being said, Bull, Clyde, and even Calvin are all a part of Rockets history but none of those guys have any business calling any part of a Rockets game. They may be knowledgeable at basketball but none of those guys are fluid enough for the broadcast booth.

fiersdownbelow, LSSLAMBAM and cheke64 like this.
  8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Mvp4three is gifted and talented.

If only he used his talents for good instead of trying to defraud this entire forum.

[​IMG]

9. hakeemthagreat

Bill Worrell is a LEGEND. Could not imagine Rockets basketball, let alone HOUSTON SPORTS without Bill. You guys are ungrateful smucks

10. hakeemthagreat

Exactly. Bill Worrell has been broadcasting rockets games before must of these posters have been alive. He IS Rockets basketball. He is the best in the business hands down!! Mistakes are nothing when you've been doing something 30 years

Pen15clubber likes this.
  11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Craig seems like a nice enough guy but he seems fake as hell. Bill seems more genuine. Also bill gives credit to opposing players, Craig says little things about opposing players that pisses me off. Bill>everythang

Blurr#7 likes this.
  12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Your thread wasn't Fake News, as it was clearly your opinion. And it was certainly not trying to be a Joke Thread. You were clearly stating facts, attached with a conclusion and asking for discussion.

Don't bother explaining. We know the situation wasn't what Clutch was discussing.

MVP4THREE, macho GRANDE and DudeWah like this.
  13. bongman

bongman Member

Geez, is anybody not immune to fan criticism anymore? Who's next the RGV Viper dancers?

14. Rockets4Life13

I love Bill lol. His voice is the Rockets voice. Can't get sick of him. I'd miss him if he wasn't there.

15. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I watch the other team's feed, but brah be nice to Bill. He tries hard.

SIL

Pen15clubber likes this.
  16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I've liked Bill more when they've moved Clyde to the floor. I don't want Clyde sitting next to Bull and Bill. We need team BuBill all year!! Minus the road games. I'm liking Craig Ackerman thus far. We're in good hands in Houston.

17. omgTHEpotential

So you hate Worrell for not doing enough research on Jazz players? Really?

18. Rocketeer4Life

I can't fathom that people would rather listen to Clyde than Bill. Unbelievable. :confused:

19. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

why do we hate on our own commentators? they're not perfect, but they add to the hype of the game. would take them 10/10 over any other team's feed (SAC)

20. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Let’s just hire 3 funny black guys ...

Oh wait that’s TNT lol