1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Really need to reload, not retool . (r****ded , I may have confused the semantics)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Achilleus, May 4, 2004.

1. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

I see a lot of talk about trading everyone but Yao, and I think thats irrational right now. Here's what I think we need to do...

Keep Steve Francis, Yao Ming, Jim Jackson , Kelvin Cato, and Maurice Taylor unless we're offered something clearly better.

Look at moving Cuttino Mobley for a point guard (preferably Steve Nash or Brent Barry, though I'm sure it would take more than Mobley for Nash at least)

Bring in another power forward, who's strong inside, but not slow like Clarence Weatherspoon, may I suggest Malik Rose of the Spurs. I have no idea what kind of contract he has, but I remember times last year when many thought he and Duncan should have been starters, and not Robinson.

Find another shooter. I dont usually bring up race in any subject, but man if Eric Piatkowski was a 6'5'' black guy who couldnt dunk, make open layups , or knock down a jumper consistenly he wouldnt even be in the NBDL. Do we tolerate his horrible performance because he has " basketball smarts"? Give me a berak, if he doesnt improve this off season, cut him. For a shooter though, I'd suggest bringing in Jon Barry, yes obvious I know, but lets bring the Barrys back to where they belong, Houston. So heres the 2004-05 Lineup :

Pf - Maurice Taylor - Malik Rose
    Sf - Jim Jackson - Bostjan Nachbar
    C - Yao Ming - Kelvin Cato
    Sg - Steve Francis - Jon Barry
    Pg - Brent Barry (switch to the bigger sg on defense) - Wilks

I'd say that's a good 8 man rotation : 4 big men - Yao , Taylor, Cato, Rose and 4 guards - Francis, Barry, Barry, Jackson

That's all, I'm pretty sure I ****ed something up, so let er' rip.

2. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Member

Lots of barrys on that roster.

what we need is a rick barry.

3. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

Yeah, bring in Scooter and Drew, too. So the whole family would be together. Man, that would be awesome! They can all shoot, can't they? :D

4. gucci888

gucci888 Member

1. Brent Barry is a FA, we wouldn't need to trade for him.

5. BigCountry132

BigCountry132 Member

Francis is to small and is not a good jump shooter to play the two. This team needs a solid power foward if they ever want to get out of the first round.

6. SWTsig

SWTsig Member

rick barry is a kappa sigma....