1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

REALISTIC players the Rockets can get this year or next.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Habby52, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Mashing

Mashing Member

Bogut would be the perfect low post option for this team, but I do not see Golden State trading him at all.

2. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

If I am Sacramento, I wouldn't necessarily make that deal. You can get a point guard in free agency.

Lou Williams (now, opting out), Jose Calderon, Jeremy Lin (long shot), Deron Williams (very long shot), Goran Dragic (sign him as free agent from Houston), Jameer Nelson, Raymond Felton, Aaron Brooks, and etc.

You could also get a higher grade player than both Lowry and Martin.

Drummond and Cousins could be a very devastating combo. They could go for Beal, if they trade Evans.

They could also get Gilchrist or Robinson.

Portland and New Orleans, I think are more likely to trade down, but I know what they want will be pricey.

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

you forget donatas is coming over?

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This guy has proven skills here in the US...and played quite well for the Bucks...Donatas...gets back up chances till he can show to actually play defense and rebound...(still huge weakness..)

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r58ONy-EK2g&feature=related

The more i see of this kid...I can see him work well here...in houston...the kid plays defense and has range for a PF...

7. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I like this plan, as long as "what they're worth" means a very good frontcourt player.

8. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I am surprised no one has said it (didn't read too hard to see if someone did) but, I can see Josh Smith wearing Rockets' red next season and not giving up an arm and a leg for him. He is a top 3 defensive PF in this league and can truly impact the game on the defensive end and on occasion the offensive end.

9. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Tyreke is definately much better than kev martin. at least he can create his own shot off the dribble. martin is capable of creating his shot off the dribble too, but decides to jack up bullsh!t on a consistant basis instead.

10. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

i hope the rockets can get both josh smith and tryke evans. rockets have enough scoring. rockets need a player like josh smith, especially when mchale decides to play "small ball"whenever he puts scola in the middle.

11. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

JOSH SMITH.

1 person likes this.
  12. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

PLEASE!!!!!!!!! Dammit I've been wanting him on the Rockets for the past 5 years....

13. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Thanks but imho Evans is another player like Melo that is too good for his own good. What I mean by this is, he has all of this talent and can produce great numbers, but does so without making his team that much better if at all. Lowry or Dragic is a better option at the point or even shooting guard than Mr. Evans.

14. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Lowry/Dragic
    Gordon
    Parsons
    Royce White
    Garnett

Would be a starting five I could get behind. Maybe not a championship contender but it could put Houston on the radar and entice a superstar here.

15. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

These are minor moves if we keep Dragic. Role-players, bench players to compliment his game and this team.

Id like to see us target Barbosa or Shannon Brown for a cheap deal. Either of them along with Dragic would form one of the fastest back-courts for running and gunning. Not to mention exciting.

Also I wouldn't mind going after a ultra athletic, full of energy, max hustle type PF who can keep up with the likes of Dragic and Barbosa and finish their misses, while at the same time racking up rebounds and doing the dirty work. Faried is the goal but since he isnt going anywhere we might have to settle for poor mans versions in Trevor Booker or Jeremey Evans.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Gordon pops up.

He's a RFA but consider this. He has been saddled with injuries and also doesn't seem to want to stay there. If another team offers him a silly deal whose to say NOH won't just wave goodbye to him instead of delaying the inevitable?

Tyreke Evans also.

Any other move would be a splish instead of a splash unless the Rockets can somehow get one of the many young RFAs that are hitting tihs year (unlikely)

This FA class is really deep if you are a team looking to contend though with so many solid-great vets out there.

Other plans though...

Trade up.

Portland and the Hornets have two picks ahead of us. Both could use a point guard. If we can resign Dragon then we take IMO the best young PG off of FA and then will have a ton of leverage to deal Lowry + Swap of picks to one of them. It would be huge if we can move up if both teams get in the spots they should via lottery.

Detroit may be getting antsy too, I mean they have been a bad team for a wihle now maybe they will move down for Scola or Martin?

Should be a lot of movement either ways.

17. whathappened

whathappened Member

depends on how OKC handles ibaka and harden. get the one left out!
    Ibaka on our frontcourt will make us a top 5 defensive team

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not now.... Garnett is not the main piece to the puzzle...
    Maybe we can get the next Garnett via Draft... the only mean reasonable

19. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Rod Strickland , 4 years 15 million
    Chris kaman, 5 years 20 million
    Jabar Gaffney, 1 year 1 million
    Brian scalabrine, 6 yrs 60 million ( doubt his parent team matches)
    Jj redick, lifetime contract
    Jeremy Chang, 3 years 6 million (omg if we sign him I will cream myself and smear it on the monitor to show my appreciation and never wipe it)

So excited for our future, everything looks so bright.

20. cod

cod Member

The two areas the Rockets need to improve are the same as it was in the beginning, ie upgrade on the wing and at C.

A Martin for Iggy trade makes the sense. The Sixers have faced the same end of season slump and like the Rockets are a young team. So they could be more open to making a deal.

Both have similiar sized contracts but Iggy is the better player so it might cost the Rockets more assets, ie PPat.

The Sixers need 3pt shooting and it gives Turner the opportunity which isn't there next to Iggy as both are playmaking wings and can't play that role together.

Iggy is simply a bigger and better defender than Lee. Too many times the Rockets were mismatched because of Lee. I'm not suggesting to get rid of Lee. Just it would be be better if the 3 man rotation on the wings were Iggy-Parsons-Lee.

There's the reported rumor the Spurs want Batum and he will command a contract starting at $10M. That could mean either Parker or Manu is gone. The Rockets could step in for a three way for Ginobili or even Kawhi by giving the Blazers Lowry.

Camby isn't going to stay healthy throughout a season. He's also not going to have the same numbers as he did this season with the Rockets.

The Rockets need a starter at C and that guy has to be a tall space eater for defense.

That said the Rockets defense broke down, only after their offense stuttered. They need that 7 footer (Camby and Dally are actually 6-10/11 guys) who can bulldoze for his points standing under the basket.

Dragic, ?
    Iggy, Lee
    Parsons, Morris
    Scola, Donuts
    ?, ?

or

Dragic, ?
    Ginobili, Lee
    Parsons, Morris
    Scola, Donuts
    ?, ?