1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

REALISTIC players the Rockets can get this year or next.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Habby52, Apr 23, 2012.

1. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

Realistically I think we should try to get Gordon. The dude has all star potential, and while he is not a superstar, he can still help attract other all stars/ borderline all stars a little bit. We all know we can't land any big name stars with these assets ;) oh and we should make signing Goran a priority

2. Habby52

Habby52 Member

Agreed!

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Gordon- love to get him, but he's an RFA and the Hornets would be stupid to not sign him back.

Crawford- No. We need to rebuild and find a core, not get players so that we can be in the same position next year.

T-mac- Lol. No

4. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

5. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

Granville Waiters

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I don't know about Gordon. Injury history is a big deal. Especially in Houston.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

nice!:grin::grin:

8. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I've been getting the feeling since Gordon returned that he will resign with the Hornets.

Omer Asik is the biggest name I could see the Rockets landing but it would require Les to dig deep in his pockets if he doesn't want Chicago to match. Deron Williams, Eric Gordon or Roy Hibbert types very likely aren't coming here.

9. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

I'm going to do my part to make this thread even more irrelevant....

....we should check in on Francis. I mean, heck, it would be unpredictable and it's not like it could hurt!

10. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Heard Cuttino Mobley wants to return to the NBA.

11. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

None of them would get us off the mediocrity treadmill. All it takes is an injury to one of them or Parsons or our PG or a big and we're back to .500...again. The only way to get off is to get a high draft pick somehow.

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

James Harden 1000x! The guy will be a stud if given a starting role. He's already a big part to OKC's success while coming off the bench. Give him max money, resign Dragic, and trade Lowry and someone else for a big man. Maybe Gasol if LA will bite on that.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Dragic/
    Lee/RAllen
    Parsons/GGreen
    KG/Rookie/
    Gasol/Camby

That may be the best we can do realistically, at least if we're trying to still win a ring. Just gotta get them in the right order. For example, KG and Allen won't come unless we already have Gasol in the mix. Still need a solid back up pg and back up big though.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wow! From one of the youngest teams to the oldest in one swoop! Thanks.:rolleyes:

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

my dream is roy hibbert but it'd be difficult to say the least

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

We need real players, not realistic players.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Harden will re-sign with OKC.

18. ILoveTheRockets

a player I hope the rockets target in a trade is Wesley Johnson. This guy is a freaking stud in the making and the twolves actually have some nice pieces stacked up over there.

It's almost a given that Beasley will be gone, maybe we can make a move for Beasley and Johnson. I'd give up Parsons to make it happen, the gamble can't any worse than the choke fest this squad produced.

If we can get a nice SF and a good reliable center, this team will be dangerous.

I'm all for bringing Johnson and Beasley to Houston.

19. rockets06

rockets06 Member

Until he officially makes a decision to possibly resign with OKC Harden should be our main target & build a team on the chance that we can get him. He's definitely a top 5 SG I think & a rising all-star. Regardless this team has got to get out of being so mediocre!

20. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Honestly would be better than courtney lee/chase... imagine T-Mac starting, and being healthy while playing 40 min... SUPER STAR.

Just sayin... I agree it'd definitely be interesting if we got T-Mac back.