1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[RealGM] Valentine's Mock Draft: In Love With Trades

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rookie34, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Raven

Raven Member

I'd love to see the Texans move up:

1. If they were sure the receiver was going to be a legit second option.

2. If they don't have to break the bank to do it.

Bending the bank is fine, just don't break it.

2. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

They're a nice way for the average fan to get a pulse for where prospects may most likely go and who might be in range of their team's selection. I think they are piss poor at telling you who your team "will" select.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php

Has Kendall Wright surging up to #7
    Floyd going #19
    Texans taking Jeffery at #26
    Sanu going #38
    Texans taking Joe Adams (ARK - WR/KR) at #58
    Texans taking Billy Winn (Boise St - DE/DT) at #89
    Texans taking Josh Kaddu (Oregon - DE/OLB) at #121

As far as what the Texans "will" do, Mario is going to be a big domino to fall. If the team lets Myers walk in an attempt to keep Mario, that throws a first round WR out the window and puts all eyes on Konz from Wisconsin.

3. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Best part of that link:
    I don't think the Texans would be crazy about Wallace. (Too small and adverse to blocking.) That being said, the $25MM in cap room is great news. They can sign Mario, Arian, and Myers to good deals for about an $18-19 MM cap hit the first year. That leaves enough to sign their draft picks and go after a veteran receiver, especially if they cut Jacoby and Leinart.

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Wallace will be franchised. No way they will let Baltimore get him.

5. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

...if it's accurate.

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mario alone not being against the salary cap right now saves $16 mill...of whatever the mysterious cap number ended up being.

7. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

if we getting a WR in the 1st, hopefully either Wright, Floyd or Randle will be available.

8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

It would take the Texans 2nd round pick in order to move up that much in the first round. Kareem Jackson has negative value and trading him free's up cap space.

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

Case Kenum not going to be drafted in three rounds?!

Follow up: read that he didn't do too good at the combine, may not get drafted at all, too bad. I still think he can be a good pro qb.

#29 solid, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  10. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, so I post the 'Post-Combine Mock Draft' of RealGM here:

http://football.realgm.com/src_feature/434/20120301/post_combine_mock_draft/

First round:
    26. Houston Texans: Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech.
    Hard to tell how well he can convert from an offense that threw about 10 times a game into the NFL, but Hill has the size/speed/hands to become a real gem. Houston must get Andre Johnson some better outside help than Jacoby Jones.

Second round:
    58. Houston Texans: Josh Norman, CB, Coastal Carolina

Third round:
    90. Houston Texans: Malik Jackson, DE, Tennessee

I like the first round pick with WR Stephen Hill, but I don't see us drafting a CB in the second ... unless we trade Jackson for future draft picks? IMO, a DE in the third round is a bit of a 'headscratcher' ... unless the guy can make the transition to OLB. So, in the second and third round I'd rather draft an offensive lineman or NT ...

BTW, this mock draft s*cks 'a little bit' ... Hill is drafted in the first round by the Texans at 26 and the Vikings draft Hill again in the second round (pick 35). I also don't see Sanu drop all the way to the third round (pick 70) ... :rolleyes: