1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[RealGM.com] Star by Star - When will the Rockets add a 3rd 'superstar'?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rookie34, Jul 11, 2013.

1. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

According to our very own Bimathug

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/3681/chandler-parsons-contract-take-two/

"Because of Parsons’s miniscule 2014-15 salary, his cap hold on the Rockets’ books when he hits free agency until he is signed (either by the Rockets or another team) will be a paltry $1,833,025."

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You understand how difficult it is to acquire a star? It doesn't just happen. We as Rockets fans should know and understand that FAR too well. Getting Howard was a HUGE step towards a championship, and we need to get our ducks in a row after that move before we can start aspiring for that third star. It takes patience.

3. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

It's not about expectations, with me at least, it's more about versatility. In the NBA 4 quarters don't equal a dollar.

4. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

And do they even get to the finals without Bosh?

Role players stepping up is key, see Danny Green, but the stars are the reason they have the opportunity to do what they do best. You need stars and role players.

I do think we need 1 more player in Parsons category of ability that is a swingman or versatile 4-man, and will accept a 6th man role.

Our main 5 lineup is what counts;

Dwight
    Parsons
    Parsons caliber player
    Harden
    Lin or Bev

A free agent like how Allen flocked to Miami is the type we need. I'd like Ben Gordon this free agency, but size is no doubt an issue. Marion would be great and can be acquired now but probably for Asik and we'd NEED to get more back. Marion & Parsons as our forward combo would be devastating.

Our issue is we got to play our main 5 the crux of the game, but not out them in bad positions. We can't ask Parsons to guard a 4-man that plays like Zbo through a 7-game series.

Asik would attain us the piece we'd need cause he's got serious value. The question is who? I have no qualms with starting D-Mo. He doesn't need to play 30mpg. 20-25mpg is plenty and gives us some height, some range from the big man spot and a year or two down the line will pay big dividends. I liked the price the Kings for Mbah a Moute. He could've been an excellent starting 4 for each half to defend, but play 20mpg. If we could get him on 3pt shot then he'd be our future four

options:
    Batum
    Wes Matthews
    Marion
    Wilson Chandler
    Gallo
    Brandon Rush

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

it seems like LMA would give our team perfect spacing

6. ejarts

ejarts Member

Morey is waiting for Lamarcus Aldridge or Kevin Love. Thats why he drafted Canaan. Both teams love their PG development, in case of a TRADe, like how OKC needed/wanted Jeremy Lamb.
    The Rockets' last missing piece is an elite stretch 4. Morey knows it.

7. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

8. Coreyls18

Coreyls18 Member

Parsons is our 3rd star.

9. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

So yeah, it is in the realms of possibility that the Rockets can have a starting lineup of
    PG- Doesn't matter
    SG- Harden
    SF- Parsons
    PF- Aldridge/Love
    C- Howard

It's Les' money, not mine so I don't really care about how much this cost :p

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Kawhi Leonard evolved into a very strong 3rd fiddle for the Spurs. I think Chandler is easily as good. He's too damn good to be a " thrown in" into any trade. If Parsons is your third or fourth best player your team is pretty strong.

11. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Sure, when you say within the "realms of possibility"...but then I could say so is:

PG - Doesn't matter
    SG - Harden
    SF - Parsons
    PF - Lebron James
    C - Howard

12. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Back in the day you didn't. When the NBA was about the team with the best teamwork and chemistry and not necessarily the biggest stars in the league (Detroit Pistons for example).

But now days its all about stacking as many stars as you can on the same team to win a championship. Sadly we have to adjust and do the same if we want to win a title.

13. the shark

the shark Member

DAMN straight!!!!

All this nonsense about Miami having three stars is crazy.

Chris Bosh is NOT a star. He played on crappy Toronto teams and put up big numbers. Big freakin deal. Parsons couldn't do the same thing playing on a pathetic Toronto team?

Gm 7 of the NBA finals, for the championship, when stars should shine, what did Chris Bosh produce?

ZERO (let me repeat myself ZERO) points!!!!!

14. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

LeBron will be a free agent next year most likely, we won't have cap space then without unloading Lin and Asik (probably some fillers as well), but I like the way you think :p

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If Dmo, Jones or Lin can raise their play to the level Parsons is at, I dont think we need your atypical 3rd star.

I have my doubts about a Miami V2.0 model working under the current CBA. 3 max guys looks like it will either decimate the bench or cause huge salary tax bills. I am not a NBA math guy, so maybe it can be done. Just havent seen how it could work outlined.

16. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Parsons is no 3rd star right now....he has the potential next season, but his ball handling is still poor. He can't create anything. He relies on others to create for him, but he's a great slasher, finisher, shooter...

17. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Why would you need him to create plays for himself as much as you do?
    With harden and Lin, if he's still here, there will be plenty of playmaking for others. Final seconds of a play go to harden because he is you're best player, Or a drive and kick out to shooters will still be an option. And parsons is a good shooter.

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    This is just such a bad post. How did you manage to turn an article that had less than 1% of it mentioning Jeremy Lin into an entire post about Lin and how the author isn't credible because oh his opinion on him?

LOL @ how you could have possibly fathomed that his article is primarily focused on Jeremy Lin.

Absolutely ridiculous. Actually, it's just sad.

19. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

He doesn't need to create plays. But to be a star, you need to be able to create for yourself. I am perfectly fine with Parsons, but as of now, he is a very very good role player.

20. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

parsons can create for himself..

even when the focus is solely on him sometimes.

now ppl are underrating parsons in search of that elusive "3rd star"