1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[REALGM] 4th All-Star Returns (Artest less than 15k votes from starter!!)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ElPigto, Jan 8, 2009.

1. HoustonFan4Life

I would rather see Yi in the game instead of Garnett. I hate that guy. Come on China make it happen.

2. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

If Yi gets voted into the All-Star team, he should give up his spot. If I were Yi, I'd be embarrassed to be even in the mix. He's nowhere near all-star quality yet.

3. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

I love the Rockets, I would have no problem with all our starters making the All Star team. I could give a **** about players from other teams.

4. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

same here

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lmao if the rockets gets 3 starters in the game. Time to start playing well so it at least looks good.

6. Landryman14

Landryman14 Member

Ron Ron may deserve to be in the ASG but TMac definitely does not. I would rather see them rest anyway.

7. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Someone post this on the China board.

Let's get Ron-ron in. And keep voting for Tmac!

8. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

9. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I think it's time for them to change the voting system. They should make it like the voting system of American Idol....like for example, the FANS' votes should make up 70-80% of the total votes or something like that and then the rest of the votes are voted by the coaches or something. That way, it's more legit and in tune with what you called "All-Stars." If not, they ought to change it to "Fans'-Stars," or something. When you have guys that are injured or don't play up the the All-Stars level and they got voted in?? It's just embarrassing to see it.

People say ...oh it's for the fans...but then what is the meaning of "All-Stars" then?? Because when i hear the term "All-Star," i automatically equate to a high caliber player. So it doesn't make sense to turn something into an All-Star when they're not.

10. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

I wonder if the league is going to rig the votes like they did with Iverson over McGrady.

11. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Guys like Tmac and Yian Jianlian shouldn't be in the All-Star. Couple years ago, Vince Carter shouldn't be in either. I think Artest did enough to be an All-Star this year, he contribute a lot for this team when he's on the court.

12. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

What you mean by that?

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Internet voting for NBA All-Stars is a complete sham. It's nuts that Tracy & Yi might participate.

14. coolblade587

coolblade587 Member

Homer!!!!!!!! :D

15. Trini Rocket

Trini Rocket Member

Wow. I thought I was the only one who thought this is what took place. In a matter of 2 weeks the vote swung 70 something thousand votes for no reason at all. I always thought the league did that because of the comments Tmac made regarding his safety in New Orleans.

16. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

If I had my choice, the All-Star game would be the last and only game Rafer Alston starts for the rest of this year.

17. joesr

joesr Member

you have to be top two (g/f) to be gauranteed a spot
    after that the coaches get to pick 7 more ( i believe?)

now why is tracy still getting votes?
    talk about some T0F's

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Here is my proposal for the new voting system:

- Players choose the starters. It makes sense because these are the guys that have to guard each other every single game.

- Coaches choose backups. Nothing should change here

- 1 or 2 "Fan's Vote". Still lets fans vote in their favorite player.

19. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Yi has no business in the all-star game, you can't compare his situation to Yao who is a legitimate all-star and one of the best players at his position.

I'm not going to argue much against Mac and Artest, because they wouldn't be the first established superstars who are having down years, but still make the all-star game...from fan voting.

In fact, A.C. Green beat out Karl Malone (who I hate with a passion), a player averaging 30 points and 11 rebs...damn Laker fans.

I believe that year, the Lakers almost had every spot on the starting lineup...

20. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

No offense but Artest doesnt deserve to be in the all star game. 16 ppg on 38% and under 2 steals for a long time in his career.. Same goes on for Mcgrady.