1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[REALGM] 4th All-Star Returns (Artest less than 15k votes from starter!!)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ElPigto, Jan 8, 2009.

1. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

2. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

VOTE FOR RON RON NOW!

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Funny if these 3 would start together for the ASG, when they haven't started together for the Rockets that much.

4. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

A player like ron doesnt belong in the all star game. the guys all huslte and all defense, and thats completely the opposite of what the all star game is about.

5. Asian Sensation

Bruce Bowen (SA) 509,593; Bowen thinks he's a Kungfu master with his chop suey kicks. Proof that the Chinese vote is strong.

6. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

Since when does injuries affect the voting for these games...
    ie: Tmac this year and last

7. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

I didn't mind in the years before, but if Ron and T-mac gets in this year, I'll be thoroughly disgusted.

8. Omer

Omer Member

YESSS...this would be so sweet to have 3 Rockets starting in the ASG.

I don't care if they don't deserve it, it's what the fans want to see.

Also, making online votes or votes from China count less is about as discriminatory as the 3/5 rule back in the 19th century of US history. The NBA is making a ton of money from Chinese fans, and they are normal people too, just like Americans. To make their votes count less is blatantly racist.

9. angryburger

angryburger Member

Yi Jianlian (NJ) 1,216,348; Chris Bosh (Tor) 751,927; Paul Pierce (Bos) 486,656

WTF, Yi almost got more votes than Bosh and Pierce COMBINED!!! flawless victory :D :D :D

10. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see how the system is flawed. I think people forget that this is a fan voting event. The game means nothing. It's not like baseball where home field advantage is decided for the World Series.

If people want to vote T-Mac, then let them. I promise you that he gets his votes from the Asian population.

11. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

If Yi plays in the ASGame, they need to change the voting system next year. He does not play anywhere near All-Star level.

In other news: TMac says he'll only play in the 1st Half of the All-Star Game if voted in.

12. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Chinese vote is strong because within 15 minutes after the Chinese vote they are hungry to vote again....

13. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

I sound crazy but it would be fun to see Rafer in the all star game because of his history with And 1. Not saying he deserves it but it would be entertaining if he pulled some moves.

14. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i don't see artest making it to the all-star game unless he's voted in as a starter by the fans.

15. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

LETS GET THIS GUY IN! AND GET RAFER STARTING AS WELL! hahaha jK

16. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I would like to see Artest to be a starter, but it seems to be determined by Chinese fans because of the numbers, either in or out, it is fine for me, but Tmac should decide to not go.

17. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I was worried but I think Mcgrady and Artest would sit if voted in, so i'm not that worried about them anymore.

...but if Yi gets in, he'll probably play. :(

18. ebu

ebu Member

I don't understand u guys...the all-star game is about THE FANS not who deserves to be there...its who FANS WANT TO SEE...people want to see TMAC AND RON LET IT BE! Don't say they don't deserve it or anything because the fans want to see them...and I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE KNOWS ANY ALL-STAR game had three players from the same team start in the game???? BECAUSE THIS COULD BE THE FIRST if it hasn't happened before

19. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Personally I hope none of our players make it to the All Star Game so they can sit at home and rest the injuries.

20. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member