1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Real Ghost Stories

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by gifford1967, Oct 28, 2005.

1. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In honor of Halloween, this thread is for ghost stories that you had some personal connection to. Either it happened to you or someone you know.

I'll start.

Everyone in my family, but me once saw a ghost. At the time, I was still in the crib and my family lived in Memorial. My grandmother, who had been living in our house, had died two weeks earlier. One afternoon my mom was walking down the hall and looked into the mirror at one end. My grandmother's face was in the mirror, but it was misty, not like a reflection. My mom called for my two brothers and my sister to find out if they could also see it. They could. My mom then called my father home from work. My grandmother's (his mother) face was still there when he arrived. My dad took a cloth and wiped it over the mirror and the face went away.

I have other stories. If I have time later I'll post them.

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

No ghost stories, but I found out something interesting from my wife.

We were watching "A Haunting in Georgia", which is a two part series on the Discovery Channel based on a true (well ..according to the victims) story about how this little girl was running into ghosts of dead people who use to live in the neighborhood. Apparently, this family suffered for years and year and years. It was really creepy. Anyway, I told my wife "why don't they just freakin move somewhere else!!!" ......and she said that in Texas, if you are a homeowner and experience any para-normal/poltergeist like experiences, then you are required to disclose that to any potential buyer ......I thought she was joking, but she wasn't.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

there's been a thread on this before...i posted a couple of stories there, if i remember right.

4. gifford1967

Supporting Member

Well, find 'em and repost 'em. It's Halloween!

5. gifford1967

Supporting Member

I can't believe that no one has any real ghost stories. C'mon, it's Halloween!

6. droxford

droxford Member

Well, most people don't actually encounter ghosts.

7. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

HAHAH.. That had me LMAO.. good call drox, good call..

8. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

The only "ghost" I have seen looked a fake ghost. I was asleep at a friend's house (when I was about 9) and I woke up and saw this "thing" in the hallway. It looked like a ghost, but like a Halloween decoration. It looked like a sheet over a balloon. I knew it was fake looking but it freaked me out anyway. I just closed my eyes and went back to sleep.

9. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

And this one time, at band camp...

Seriously though. My aunt on my mother's side had a ghost in their house. They lived in Louisville, KY. It would show up occasionally. I don't think it ever talked, but the entire family of 5 claimed to have seen it on many occasions.

I believe in para-normal and aliens, but I would never admit it. ;)

10. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

I don't believe in ghosts, I do believe there are aliens, but not in our galaxy...theres so many galaxies I don't see how we could be the only people.

11. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

There was once this sick man in the hospital who had a very real problem with his bowels. He had the problem of having to go very, very often but he also had the problem of being very, very modest and not wanting to go anywhere but his own bathroom. The nurses and doctors urged him to go but he defiantly resisted. He kept up until one time he just couldn't hold it any longer and he let it all go...in his bed. Being the modest and now embarassed person he was he wrapped his sheets up and quickly cleaned the mess up and threw it out the window. The sheets fell several stories and ended up falling on a homeless man walking by. The homeless man, not knowing what had happened, quickly panics and begins beating and fighting until finally he gets the sheets off of him. An officer standing nearby witnessing the event comes over and asks the man if he is OK and the man replies, "Yeah, for a second there I though I bea the **** out of a ghost."

12. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

i saw the ghost of tupac

13. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

hahahha

14. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

My grandmother died before I was born. The only thing we have of her are some old pictures and an oil painting that was done of her when she served in the Air Force. About 15 years ago, when our family moved into a new house in Missouri City, we were all sleeping on some mattresses that were layed across the floor in the living room, we were all just so happy that we were moving on up. One of the objects that was already taken out of one of the boxes was the oil painting. It had no marks whatsoever on it. A few days later, as my father was about to hang it up, the oil in the painting ran a bit. White oil sort of dripped down the painting from the whites of her eyes, like the painting cried. No one in the family could explain what happened.

15. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

I saw a ghost once, it floated thru the air, came over and stole a few cheetos from me, then disappeared. But, i was high at the time so I just dismissed it as not a real ghost.

16. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

17. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

once... I killed a man and his ghost continues to follow me around

true story...

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Good thread.

I live in a house in Galveston that is at least 125 years old- I know it's that old because I've seen it on an isometric map of Galveston dated 1880. Anyway, this house has been split into a duplex, and I first lived downstairs, then up.

When I lived on the bottom floor, I never actually saw a ghost, but some very weird stuff happened. I accidentally locked myself out of the house, and the second time I tried the handle (out of frustration), the door was unlocked. A similar thing happend about a month later- I over-loaded the washer with two blankets, and so I had to take one out and put it on the back porch. The door to the back porch had a deadlock, and I was standing there with a dripping wet blanket, cussing because I had to put it down and go get the key. Suddenly there was a loud 'click' and the deadbolt was unlocked. I waited a second because I thought it was my roommate coming in through the back door, but when he didn't come in, I opened the door to see that there was no one there. There was a motion-sensitive light that I set off when I opened the door, so there was no way that anyone was back there.

When I would come home from work, I would go into the kitchen, eat and watch sportscenter on a 25-inch TV I mounted to the wall with one of those TV mounts you see in bars, hospitals, airports, etc. It had been there for a few months, and one day I didn't go directly into the kitchen, I got on my computer instead. About 30 minutes later, I heard a huge crash, and ran into the kitchen to see that the TV had fallen off the mount. I had actually screwed wood screws into the TV to help secure it, and these were lying on the floor too. I looked at the TV, and the holes that the screws were in weren't ripped out or even stressed. Not only did I have it screwed in, it was strapped down as well. We speculated that whatever did it (ghost) was ticked at me for breaking my habit of hanging out in the Kitchen after work.

Very shortly after my wife (then my GF) moved in with me, something similar happened. We were sleeping, and at about 3:30 in the morning, I woke up to a big crash. I asked her if she had heard anything, and of course she said that I was dreaming, but being the paranoid type, I checked it out anyway. I went into the living room, and in the middle of the floor was a 15-inch monitor smashed to bits. I had kept in in the closet in the living room, which had sliding/folding doors (can't think of the proper name). I suppose it could have fallen off the shelf and knocked the door open on it's own, but it was about 10 feet away from the closet, and it looked more like it was dropped from several feet up.

I didn't really see anything else downstairs, but my wife says she saw a fuzzy child-size shape in the doorway to the kitchen, and my old roommate says he saw an old man in the corner of his room. But he was stoned alot of the time, so I discount that sighting.

We moved upstairs last year because it was nicer and roomier, and we didn't really see anything supernatural until recently. I was walking up the stairs about two weeks ago, and saw a shape walk across the hall in my perephrial vision. I thought it was my wife crossing from our bedroom to the bathroom, but when I got to the top of the stairs, the bathroom light was off and the door was closed. I checked the bathroom just to be sure, and she wasn't there. I went into our bedroom, and she was sitting in bed reading a book, and said she hadn't moved in the past 20 minutes.

Last week, we were laying in bed during game two of the World Series when the HR was hit that put the Sox ahead. Ticked off, I turned the TV off. About five seconds later, the bed shook hard like someone was shaking the bed frame, for about five solid seconds. Kate was pretty spooked, and I got up and looked around the house (I'm not sure what for). I came back, shrugged, and turned the TV back on. That was by far the most supernatural thing I had actually experienced in that house.

I really like the house, though, and have never really felt threatened. A few times before I have seen out of the corner of my eye what I thought was a person shape, but except for the stairs incedent, have always discounted it as shadows or light playing tricks on me. When I originally moved into the house, I found three paintings, one of which had a floating woman in a dress, with some latin written on it (I'm not kidding), something to the effect of 'Spiritus Hominus' and 'Rex' is in there somewhere. If anyone is interested, I will look at it when I get home and post the exact Latin. It's hanging in my living room right now. Apparently a previous tenant had been an artist and had left the paintings.

That's my 'ghost' story(s). Not very scary or earth shaking, but this stuff definately happened.

ElPigto likes this.
  19. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

That was a pretty cool story.