1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Ready The Clown Car: The First Batch of Republicans Are Ready To Announce Their 2024 Bids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CCorn, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

3. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Could be Elon honestly, although he just endorsed DeSantis. The most masterful move Trump did was get Evangelicals to overlook his history. In fact, some of the gay Republicans I knew in college LIKED Trump in part because he wasn't Evangelical and initially wasn't trying to pander to the Evangelical base. Much in the same way a lot of blue-collar Republicans I knew who liked him because Trump didn't pander (initially) to guys like Mitch McConnell.

Unfortunately, Trump the candidate and Trump the person/politician are very different and everyone figured out how to manipulate him (praise and kick-backs basically). I think DeSantis could get flanked by an Evangelical if this was 2016, but I think so many pastors/churches are so far down the Trump train that they won't risk losing their flock by endorsing a more traditional religious conservative.

Btw, insider track says Trump is going to declare his candidacy on July 4th in DeSantis' home state. I think Trump wanted to be one and done but now is worried about lawsuits from NY. GA. The state AGs are more worrying for him than the House of Reps. Especially if GA governor or secretary of state goes purple (Republicans in GA are united around Walker but very divided around Kemp and Raffensberger).

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

FranchiseBlade and Ubiquitin like this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Salvy likes this.
  6. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I have always liked him even though he`s on the other side BUT he seems like a fair person that doesn't get caught up with the extreme base....I don't think anyone beats Desantis if he runs.............slippery slope if he does take on trump, boy would that be fun to watch

Os Trigonum and Andre0087 like this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

jiggyfly, ROCKSS, T_Man and 2 others like this.
  8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

If DeSantis runs I'm voting for him.... Mail me a ballot!

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Provide your social security number, birth certificate etc and meet me in person so we can register you.

12. Salvy

Salvy Member

This won't end up as a Biden vote will it?

13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

vote early and vote often

Salvy likes this.
  14. Salvy

Salvy Member

I'm going to need a book of stamps....

Os Trigonum likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

Definitely should go ahead and do it. Just make sure you aren't in a field of work that checks for felonies on background checks.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are you still pretending the 2020 election had massive voter fraud that would have changed the result?

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Seems like those Cons did it because their friends egged on the "jokes", and they deluded themselves into making the lies into a reality.

TheJuice likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

19. fchowd0311

FranchiseBlade and Os Trigonum like this.
  20. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I would love to see Romney run but just last week he was telling Cheney to not run as she had no chance, I think the same thing could be said for anyone not named trump and desantis, they would split the party and trump would "scorched earth" desantis to the ground with his base and his career could be over. If trump wants it the others will back off, what would be a worse scenario imo is trump endorses desantis and they unite the base. No way Cruz, Hawley or any other wanna be`s get in the middle of that hornets nest, they would risk alienating the base, which we have seen what that will do to your political career............trump is driving the ship, its his base and the others will bend the knee to the cult king

jiggyfly, B-Bob and fchowd0311 like this.