1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ready The Clown Car: The First Batch of Democrats Are Ready To Announce Their 2020 Bids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Be careful what you wish for.

jiggyfly and baller4life315 like this.
  2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Seriously. Not sure why any Republican would be celebrating the idea of her being chosen. Politically, she’s a heavyweight and brings an ideological balance to the ticket.

The matter to sort out it is what happens with her Senate seat once the vacancy is created.

3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

She is probably not going to get picked, so none of that will be an issue. The chances are higher that he picks either Kamala Harris or Stacey Abrams, for obvious reasons.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I like Warren but she's too old. The chance of another Republican speaker in the next term is high enough to pick a lot younger.

Thanks Gerrymandering.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I know you don't mean it that way, but I agree and hope it's her as well. I'd actually be excited about voting for Biden if Warren was on the ticket.

Betting odds seems to favor Harris and Klobuchar: https://bookies.com/news/joe-biden-vp-pick-odds. I still think Klobuchar will be the one.

Not sure I follow. How does age and the House factor into all this?

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If Biden and Warren live the avg life expectancy (give or take a few years), then we get another Ford.

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

what are the obvious reasons?
    If Harris is VP, at best, ill stay home. Klobuchar will get me a Biden vote. Abrams is a toss up...she is too hardcore and way too inexperienced for my taste. She could turn out to be really good or really terrible.

8. JuanValdez

Looking at Warren, I think she's got another 20 years at least, unless she gets hit by a truck or something.

9. JuanValdez

Mojo thinks that democrats make simplistic choices based on gender and race and has convinced himself that Biden will shoehorn a minority woman into the VP role.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

What would make anyone think that? {Sarcasm}

Astrodome and JuanValdez like this.
  11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Oh, yeah. Joe Biden has apparently tapped Alexandria Ocasio Cortez to lead a "climate change" panel that he has decided needs to be appointed. She will co-lead this panel with former Democrat Presidential Candidate John Kerry.

Democrat Ocasio-Cortez to lead Biden climate change panel with Kerry

U.S. Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez will co-chair a climate change panel for presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, giving him a prominent liberal voice that could help garner his party’s full support.

The Democratic rising star has been a polarizing figure among conservatives and within her own ranks. She is known for backing a “Green New Deal” plan that would attempt a faster transition away from fossil fuels and more government intervention than Biden had embraced as a candidate for his party’s nomination.

Ocasio-Cortez has said she expects to ultimately support Biden’s candidacy but wanted to see him refine his stances on several issues.

“She believes the movement will only be successful if we continue to apply pressure both inside and outside the system,” a spokeswoman for Ocasio-Cortez said in a statement late on Tuesday.​

This woman is a nut-job and the "climate change" agenda is for the Democrat left just a naked political power grab effort. AOC may not realize this, as she appears to be serious about her perspective on what she thinks are serious environmental concerns.

But that is not what this is about. And Joe Biden is only tapping her for this to try to win support from some of the far-left Bernie Sanders supporters who have been expressing open skepticism about Biden's candidacy.

12. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Joe Biden has picked up some more delegates from the Nebraska primary, conducted yesterday. Biden is still over 500 delegates short of what he needs to secure the nomination.

Joe Biden picks up more delegates in Nebraska primary win

CBS News projects Joe Biden will win the Nebraska primary Tuesday night. CBS News estimates he picked up at least another 20 delegates out of the 33 up for grabs in Nebraska, giving him 1,444 of the 1,991 needed to clinch the nomination.

President Trump won the Republican primary, and Senator Ben Sasse won the Republican primary for his seat, The Associated Press projected.​

13. JuanValdez

Solid picks.

14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

15. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The DNC Communications director was out today saying that "We are not officially nominating Joe Biden". Of course this person is not the ultimate decision maker about that. But these sorts of statements create uncertainty and are the basis from which strife is fomented by certain factions of the party.

“First of all, our convention has to happen, because we are not officially nominating Joe Biden in order to take Donald Trump,” Hinojosa replied. “So our convention is happening. There is business that has to happen”:

16. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

So, Joe. What do you know?

17. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Yeah.. im not too crazy about Harris...

I do like the Rice option or Klobuchar... I even like Michigan Governor...

T_Man

18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Could there be a more tone-deaf poster on D&D ever?

20. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Andrew yang was probably the only candidate I was excited about, hopefully Biden gives serious thought to selecting him as vp.

As for Biden himself, he seems like a good guy. A "straight shooter" & someone with character. Unfortunately he's also in his late 70's, prone to put his foot in his mouth and gives the apperance of someone in cognitive decline as he is often stumbling, forgetting or confusing his words/arguments.

Lastly for the love of jebus, festivus etc just say NO, NO, NOO, NOOO, NOOOOoooo to Kamala harris