1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ready The Clown Car: The First Batch of Democrats Are Ready To Announce Their 2020 Bids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thats not what that poll does, it asks who they think will win in a head to head match-up, not who they would vote for. Washington Examiner is a complete joke you need to get more accurate info

2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

If I wanted to quote an even bigger joke, I would link the Washington Post or the New York Times.

The poll is clear about its intentions. DEMOCRATS expect these candidates to lose to Trump. That information is interesting enough to post here in this thread, even if you do not like it.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Then why do you have to lie and say Trump is leading Democratic candidates when that's not at all what the survey says. The Washington Examiner lied blatantly. Take your garbage propaganda and go to Russia you fool

4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Here is what the Washington Examiner said in the article:

President Trump is starting to run away with the 2020 election.

In the second poll in two days to show his advantage, the latest YouGov/Economist "electability" survey found the president leading the top tier of Democratic challengers from 6 points to 41 points among registered voters, even amid his impeachment.

In the survey, 40% said that former Vice President Joe Biden would “probably beat Donald Trump.” But 46% said Biden would “probably lose to Donald Trump.”
    So your characterization of their reporting is the lie, if there are any lies to be observed here.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Your original post and their headline clearly states that in a head to head match-up Trump is leading Biden by 6 points. That's a lie. You can try to spin it now and add context - but too late. You spew BS and that's why you are a joke.

6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

You know that guy is useless, he'll post within his own threads but that's really about it. Here before the incoming comical jpeg...

7. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Why is it that Trump supporters (Not Republicans) will believe the pools when they are in favor of Trump, but will have a total fit when the polls are not in his favor....

T_Man

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Biden is still ahead in every single swing state. Bernie is still ahead too, and then it’s a mixed bag with flash-in-a-pan candidates like Warren and Pete.

Point being: I can’t speak for every Democrat, but I don’t think there’s any belief Trump is way ahead...by any stretch of the imagination. We’re still very well positioned to beat this guy. We just need a candidate that can withstand the scrutiny (from both sides), inevitable cheating (Russia, voter suppression) and structural failures (Electoral College).

Andre0087 likes this.
  9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

They are head to head matchups, as anyone can see. What they are polling is electibility and who the people polled expect will win. There is nothing in my post that is contrary to that.

You are bearing false witness against me and this is nowhere close to the first time that you have done that.

Have you no capacity for shame?

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You lying POS. You posted that to deceive people and than changed your story. Shame? You will sink to despicable lows to push your agenda. You obviously aren't a Christian since you are willing to be so dishonest.

11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Somebody is getting frustrated because the current field of Democrats are looking so weak against President Trump.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Lol, stick to posting cartoons kiddo. Let the honest adults debate

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I can't take anything you say serious if youre calling the Electoral College a structural failure because your team didnt win.

14. baller4life315

Not that you care but I wrote a paper on how stupid I thought the system was in middle school prior to the 2000 election. And that was before the system failed miserably twice in recent history.

The Electoral College is an illogical travesty, but I’m sure this topic has its own thread. I just can’t wait for the day somewhere down the line where it costs the GOP the White House. Then, all of a sudden, there’s going to be this magical consensus on how utterly stupid this process is.

Until then, I’ll just continue to [when I get really, really bored] watch YouTube videos of people attempting to defend this process. It’s the same regurgitated talking points that have been thoroughly debunked, and only remains in place because of how it benefits one side only thus making the Constitutional amendment required to rid us of it politically impossible.

.... but I digress. I’d hate to derail such a great thread with links from the lowly Washington Examiner driving the conversation. Carry on.

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Honestly I think most Democrats arent all that far from the middle .... Same with the majority of Republicans tho there are those issues that separate the two , on a lot of issues there is little to no difference at all.

Then you have the wingnuts on both sides .... who tend to shout the loudest and draw the most attention. They are a severe minority but the squeaky wheel gets the grease and controversy gets views and clicks.

Nook, B@ffled and Os Trigonum like this.
  16. TheresTheDagger

I'm interested to hear why you think the Electoral College is an "illogical travesty".

17. baller4life315

By its very definition a travesty is something that’s a false, absurd or distorted representation of something. I can think of no more perfect word to describe the Electoral College, given that it’s a relic of slavery that does the exact opposite of what it’s defenders say it does (I.e. gives smaller states a voice, produces clear winners, etc).

Like I alluded to earlier, I get great satisfaction out of listening to people defend the EC. You’re welcome to take a stab at it. It would be a nice break from the trash people are posting from the Washington Examiner.

18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

You mean like the Economist Magazine / YouGov poll?

Lol. If it showed a result that you liked, you very well might be posting that yourself.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

another (more accurate) view:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/11/15/in-defense-of-the-electoral-college/

Corrosion likes this.
  20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Wow. It is not that serious.

B@ffled likes this.