1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RBG has passed away

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Sep 18, 2020.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The lack of humanity is worth a block. My only hope is that you know that in your last moments of psychopathy and your final seconds of existing on clutchfans (for this guy right here with two thumbs), that you'd be replaced by no one.

You can be counted amongst the worst human beings on this Earth. May your hate consume you so much that you have no inkling of what happiness is.. ever again. Or maybe you'll snap out of your brainwashed life. I'd actually really hope for that because your type of people are the reason Houston Rockets fans aren't allowed to have nice things. I want nice things.

Andre0087 and RayRay10 like this.
  2. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Interesting. Graham being chairman of the Judiciary Committee, and making a statement like he did in 2018, while being in a close Senate battle this year...we’ll get to see what Lady G values more at this point.

Cornyn’s also on the committee and while his race isn’t as close, he’ll also have to answer for his statement.

Ted Cruz is also on the judiciary, but he has no spine or morals so he doesn’t matter.

Joni Ernst is someone to watch as well...she’s in a very tight race in Iowa And also is on the Judiciary...will she try and talk Mitch into postponing until after the election? All it takes is one Republican flipping on the judiciary for the nomination not to be pushed forward.

https://www.motherjones.com/2020-el...upreme-court-nominee-during-an-election-year/

A Long List of GOP Senators Who Promised Not to Confirm a Supreme Court Nominee During an Election Year
    Some are already backtracking.

baller4life315 likes this.
  3. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

And video of Graham in 2018

Jayzers_100, baller4life315 and IBTL like this.
  4. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Also, Graham in 2016

Jayzers_100, baller4life315 and IBTL like this.
  5. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

And again, Teddy is a spineless, unethical being

Jayzers_100 and baller4life315 like this.
  6. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

And Cornyn looks to be just as spineless as Cruz.

7. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Interesting fund-raising email from Joni Ernst 10 minutes after RGB died. Big thing is that it mentions putting the next Supreme Court nomination in Dems hands if they win the Senate and Presidency...does that mean that she wont support a nomination before the inauguration?

8. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Will Rubio follow what he said 4 years ago?

9. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Hickenlooper already going after Gardner.

baller4life315 likes this.
  10. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Uh oh...What will Susan Collins do? A big reason for Being well behind in Maine is her confirmation of Kavanaugh.

baller4life315 and SamFisher like this.
  11. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Democrats treated Brett Kavanaugh, a great man and now a great Supreme Court Justice, like trash. They lied, they attempted to humiliate him and his family with putrid filth, and then they trotted out a psychologist to put on a horrible acting job about a fake high school groping event 35 years prior (with literally zero corroboration). They drug Kavanaugh through the mud, because they are awful human beings with no moral or ethical core. They knew what they were doing, and they didn't care - Kavanaugh was in the way of their power. Conservatives, and people with any sense of decency whatsoever, watched the Democrats' display in horror.

Voters across the country then reacted. They ADDED to the Republican majority in the Senate in the 2018 election based on the Democrats' unethical behavior. They voted for this very moment. It's time to ensure our Constitutional rights, and most notably our Second Amendment rights, for the next 30 years. A new Supreme Court Justice should be nominated and confirmed without delay or apology.

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

yeah confirmed in january

NEXT

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

You win nothing bye don - think of your family- I won again the more weak people that block me the better - I will miss nothing haha

14. ROXRAN

Oh emotional nice to know that you want to be spit roasted that’s kind of weird

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

When push comes to shove she will fall in line.

RayRay10, arkoe and Nook like this.
  16. ROXRAN

I’m very sad that Ruth is dead but I am also completely over it and looking forward to the new conservative Supreme Court justice that will replace her ideology now having said that I am courage I absolutely encourage if you are a weak minded liberal please ignore me that is your right do it because you are inconsequential to me in every way

17. ROXRAN

Completely agree I’m looking forward to the new conservative supreme court justice because this is why he was elected it’s not hey let’s pick somebody else from down the road it’s whoever is in control now makes the decision

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Another thing people will be talking about in the coming days is what the hell type of person would want to be confirmed under these circumstances??

Every judge saw what Kavanaugh had to do because Trump politicized his nomination to high hell. How political will this be? It’s going to take either a special level of hack to want this and accept it or someone with so much bipartisan credibility (Lol.. I know I know) that it won’t be an issue.

That nominee will have a cloud unlike any other justice in history.

My guess is Trump will nominate the most right wing Trumpy woman judge he can find. Thinking that will shield her a bit through the process. But it won’t in that case because it’ll have no noise about drunken frat boy parties and instead make the referendum again about Trump and how the courts will take away a women’s right to control her own body which is NOT a winning issue for Trump a month before the election when he will be viewed as the one taking away women’s rights.

#278 dobro1229, Sep 19, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think I’ve located a prime source of the problem here. I would never do such a thing. They’re a part of the problem, as is FOX.

But anyway your argument, and I get it, boils down to this:
    Dems should not complain about Pubs abandoning a rule Pubs created, because Dems originally said the rule was wrong. (That’s if we accept the idea that the situations are equivalent, which I would dispute). In other words, you and the people highlighting “Democrat hypocrisy” just want Dems to shut up and be complacent while Pubs do what they want to rules and traditions. That might not be YOUR motivation, but that is the motivation of the talking point for conservative outlets.

RIP RBG.

RayRay10, joshuaao and Jayzers_100 like this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think nearly any judge will want to be appointed to the USSC even under the shyteshow we are in now. This is the pinnacle of a legal career.

RayRay10 likes this.