1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ray Lewis' Open Expression of Faith Unifies Ravens

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Hustle Town, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Is Ray Lewis a genuine man of faith, or is he a fraud?

2. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

He's a genuine fraud with faith, like the rest of them.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Nobody on this forum is in any position to judge the validity of his or any other person's faith. How could we determine if he had was genuine or not from a far?

Anyone who answers yes that he was a fraud would really only be saying "Yes his expression of faith annoys me" and anyone who said no would only be saying "No his expression of faith doesn't annoy me."

4. bongman

bongman Member

Personally, the question lacks specificity. Currently, I can think of 2 ways it can be interpreted.
    - Is Ray Lewis faking he has faith?
    or
    - Ray Lewis has faith and claims he is devout to his beliefs but does not live by the standards (actions and lifestyle) on what is generally perceived of as a "man of faith". Hence, a fraud.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Ray, what happened to the white suit?

6. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

It turned red.

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Me might believe his own BS, that if he wraps himself in faith he can absolve himself, without facing any real punishment. But it's self-delusion.

Although, six kids by four women doesn't demonstrate any real adherence to faith.

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

If he wants to fit in, feel morally superior, needs an excuse to dress expensively, has a fetish for rituals or the metaphysical; or doesn't mind subsidizing six-figure salaries and million-dollar buildings for segregated sing-alongs....who's the fraud again?

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

It doesn't denote a lot of grownup social or emotional grounding, but I don't think Christian dogma has anything to do with Western, postwar, suburban social mores.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

When I see a microphone or camera put in front of Ray Lewis that isn't during the 60 minutes of a football game, I mute it or change the channel.

1 person likes this.
  11. CCorn

CCorn Member

He's one damn good football player. The faith stuff is all bull**** in my eyes.

12. SacTown

SacTown Member

Ray Lewis, Deion Sanders, Michael Irvin, Steve Harvey are all very strong black men of faith and they are all great friends. Ray's faith is legit. Those guys would see right through him if it wasn't fake and distance themselves from him.

13. Summer Song Giver

Ray Ray is about the most unstable individual I've ever seen, EPIC highs and likely manic lows to go along with it...

A scumbag in my book.

14. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I'm not a big fan of Ray's faith, but he is one of the people I admire the most in terms of public figures. He has done so much for the city and people of Baltimore. Most people never take the time to read his complete story and generally blurt out some negative talking points either out of jealousy or incompetence.

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

remember Hakeem had at least one illegitimate child before he turned to be a "man of faith". Albeit a differet faith than Lewis.

He didn't murder anybody before he turned into a man of faith, but he was a problem child for the Rockets and was no model citizen. I doubt you'll hear people dissing Hakeem, since it's less politically correct to do that to Muslims than it is to Christians.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the man Lewis stabbed could not be reached for comment

How depressing is it that the notion that a kid needs a full time two parent family is just a "suburban social more". Illigitimacy rates have done wonders for blacks, right?

1 person likes this.
  17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I figured Texxx's head would explode having to choose between his religious and racial biases; but, yeah, shifting focus to a darkie "occultist" did the trick.

1 person likes this.
  18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YW5ySXrd2mo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

if i got a second chance at making money playing football after committing murder, i'd probably think god had my back too.

2 people like this.
  20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

How do we know those two dead guys weren't trying to start something. Nothing really good happens at 4am.