1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ray Lewis is retiring

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Jan 2, 2013.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Ray Lewis told the team today "this will be my last ride."</p>&mdash; Baltimore Ravens (@Ravens) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/286518450040496128" data-datetime="2013-01-02T17:04:56+00:00">January 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Ray Lewis announcing he will retire after this season: <a href="http://t.co/mREELHKH" title="http://twitter.com/Ravens/status/286520374416527360/photo/1">twitter.com/Ravens/status/…</a></p>&mdash; Baltimore Ravens (@Ravens) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/286520374416527360" data-datetime="2013-01-02T17:12:35+00:00">January 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#1 J.R., Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  2. Marteen

Marteen Member

Future Hall of Famer. The last remaining member of the Ravens' first Super Bowl Team since being in Bailtimore and an inspirational leader for the NFL. What more can you say about him? There might never be another player like him again. Gonna miss seeing his speeches when they were being televised before a game.

3. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Member

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

*WHEW* :(

Sincerely,
    [​IMG]

Respects for the most vicious linebacker our generation... :eek:.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Damn. I usually get sick of players who are so revered on ESPN, but not with Ray. It was impossible to not respect what he did on the field.

6. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Best linebacker indicted for murder that got off by testifying against his friends in nfl history.

1 person likes this.
  7. Mr. Brightside

There was never any evidence against him. Lewis committed no crime, thus was let go. His friends (who were the ones who were supposedly guilty) were also freed a little while later. Nobody in his crew or himself were ever convicted with murder.

17 years plus in the NFL. Greatest player to ever put on an NFL jersey. Since that time of the allegations, Lewis has been a model citizen and someone all children should look up to.

8. Mr. Brightside

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FiSFdLh5xLQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

Only since that time? Odd. :eek:

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

On a football related note, ravens will be playing with some extra intensity, not good news for the Colts.

11. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

i think this might be why he announced when he did. extra motivation for the team, maybe help inspire them see if they cant get hot and make a run at a super bowl to end his career

12. SK34

SK34 Member

:( My favorite defensive player all time... (jj watt now)

great motivator. He is gonna be a speaker i bet and also maybe a coach.

Let me tell you something,if tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? Forget everything else. Forget everything else. Forget that there was any sunlight left. What would you spend today thinking about? Yourself? Or the man that's beside you? Or the man that you know you'd give everything in your heart for?

We get one opportunity in life. One chance in life to do whatever you're gonna do. To lay your foundation. To make whatever mark you're gonna make. To leave whatever legacy you're gonna leave. Leave your legacy! And it's found through effort.

Wins and losses come a dime a dozen. But effort? Nobody can judge effort. Effort is between you and you. Effort ain't got nothing to do with nobody else. So that team that think they ready to se you? They think what they seen on film. They ain't saw what film shows. Because every day is a new day! Every moment is a new moment!

So now you got to go out and show them that I'm a different creature now than I was five minutes ago. Cause I'm pissed off for greatness! Because if you ain't pissed off for greatness, that mean you ok with being mediocre. Ain't no man in here ok with bring just basic. So let's do what we do. Tonight, we ain't gotta worry about taking no breaks!

13. likestohypeguy

That which we call evil.

1 person likes this.
  14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

funny i was listening to some romonowski on some late night show last night rave about ray lewis.

15. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

He's a Steeler fan. ;)

16. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Yeah, it is because I'm a steeler fan not not because mr "commited no crime" lewis plead guilty of obstruction of justice and paid both families before going to civil court.

OJ committed no crime.

17. baller4life315

So am I.

The league is losing one of it's best defensive players ever. Sad day.

18. BasketballReasons

Bring him on in the Texans staff.

If there's one guy who can wake-up this ****in team its him;

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That's just weird if a coach is better than the players at that position (excluding Cushing).

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

What upside of not testifying, going down for your friends' actions, or maybe them killing you one day?