1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ravenous : Guy Pearce from Memento...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MoonBus, Jan 4, 2002.

Tags:
  1. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

Have any of you seen this movie... Ravenous

I thought it was pretty good. Pearce didn't really stand out in the movie (he was the lead actor), but I thought Robert Carlyle's performance was splendid.

It's a horror/slasher flick, so be prepare to see a lot of blood & guts.

2. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

This movie has a large following among the cool, hip, and young posters here. One of my favorites.

Dr of Dunk hated it though.

3. outlaw

outlaw Member

Guy was pretty good as a drag queen in Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, which also starred Terrance Stamp and Hugo Weaving (The Matrix)

4. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

He was also Edmund Exley in L.A. Confidential... good flick (excellent DVD) if you haven't seen it.

rH

5. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

outlaw, haven't seen Adventures of Priscilla yet. Is it widely available in video stores?

rockHEAD, I first noticed Pearce in LA Confidential. At the time, I watched it because of Spacey. Good flick, but I like Memento more (although they are 2 very different movies). What was on the DVD that made it excellent?

6. deepellumrocket

Yes, it is widely available in video stores... in the Montrose!:p

7. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

it's got some nice extra features. there's a map of the L.A. of L.A. Confidential with info on the houses and places where the movie was filmed. There's also info on the actors and a few documentaries on the making of the movie. It also has an audio only track that shows the movie with just music.. interesting.

rH

8. outlaw

outlaw Member

Yes, check the comedy section.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

saw memento last night...can't tell you how disappointed i was...i was really expecting more. i knew the general storyline already...and i think the concept of the main character is fascinating...but i found the movie to be pretty disappointing all the way around. l.a. confidential is about ten times the movie that memento is, in my humble opinion!