1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the new jerseys (IDIOT).

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Jun 22, 2019.

?

Rate the new jerseys for next few seasons...

1. 10

13.3%
  2. 9

13.8%
  3. 8

32.0%
  4. 7

18.8%
  5. 6

8.8%
  6. 5

7.2%
  7. 4

1.1%
  8. 3

1.1%
  9. 2

0.6%
  10. 1

3.3%
  1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Thanks. I like the one on the left. The rest don’t look any different to me, but then I don’t pay too much attention to the jerseys.

Richie_Rich and daywalker02 like this.
  2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I have it a 7 which is above average. I rather have a safe and somewhat bland design than a crappy "bleeding edge" design like our last 2 jerseys. It's a better strategy to have a safe primary design and more avant garde alternates than vice versa.

3. Asian Sensation

I only like the one on the left. It’s like a touched up modern version of our Championship Jersey. The best jersey that should’ve never been changed in the first place. The others just look off. I don’t know why we moved away from our distinct fire orange and mustard color way .

Richie_Rich and daywalker02 like this.
  4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I give them an 8.

The throwbacks are a 10 for me.
    The black is a 9.
    The red and white ones are a 7.

I'm not too fancy on the solid block line on the sides. Seems too dull and bland. I think an outline would have helped lots. White outline on the red Jersey and a black outline on the white Jersey would have made them much better.

I've already preordered the throwback. I have the black one already. I like the red more and will probably get it, my fiancee prefers the white and she'll probably get that one.

Clutchfans is just insufferable lately and there just isnt enough positivity being spread around here. It's become a cesspool for negativity and reddit-esque reactions and hot takes.

The jerseys are good, not great but an insane improvement.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Gave them 6 overall.

Throwbacks are 9. Blacks are 10.

Reds and Whites are 3 each.

Significant improvement from the Chinese Unis but the Chinese Unis were -5 so not saying much.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i cannot give the throwback such a high score because the shade of red is so off. the originals were distinctively darker and not the exact same hue as the flag of china

7. JW86

JW86 Member

They look even better as a whole, love the shorts and Westbrook looks good rocking them too. Excited!!!

[​IMG]

8. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Generic trash.

We look like the 2000's Atlanta Hawks.

[​IMG]

9. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    Turning players into NASCAR cars %#$@ mumble mumble

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

I like it

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol are people even homers for our jersey's?

4 or 5.

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

love the throwbacks. the rest of them are a bit generic but clean and sharp.

my biggest issue is if you take the name off the chest you wouldn't know which team's jersey it is. nothing uniquely "rockets" about it.

I have 3 suggestions:

1. I think the color scheme doesn't have our heart/history. take a picture of a rocket launch, what are the colors you might see? white, gray, black from the actual rocket, with red and gold exhaust flames, and more white/gray/black smoke. that's the color scheme. fans won't be happy until the gold is reintroduced. the other thing is even though the black jersey's are popular they are generic because everyone has a black jersey, and the red/black color scheme belonged to the bulls first. we should have our own style with a set of gray-white-red jerseys with gold trim for nostalgia. and of course keep the throwbacks!
    2. the font is pretty plain. we can use the throwback font and just level the lettering instead of tilting it upward. but at least its OUR font.
    3. incorporate a unique design element just for the rockets. maybe the side paneling of the shorts that expands on the bottom can be made to look more like smoke exhaust from a launch? I don't know I'm not a designer but something unique and a nod to the team name.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Quit playin' Tilly.
    Bring back the K&M. PERMANENTLY!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The red throwbacks are a 10. The black ones are a 7

The new red and white are 1/10. Worst jerseys ever for the franchise imo

Clutch City1993 likes this.
  15. Roscoe Arbuckle

Didn't post them. You're the IDIOT.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Glad we aren’t using that cheap Alexander font

17. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

They look great to me. The jerseys during the T-Mac / Yao era were horrible so I’m happy with the improvement.

Denovo likes this.
  18. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Amazing upgrade. I rather anything than that weird Rockets samurai font and Red/White/Gray color theme.

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I don't give a damn that the red and whites are generic. ANYTHING is better than the weird bleeding parabolic paneling on the side, along with the garbage cuts of our last jerseys. The Yao/Tmac jerseys were easily the worst uniforms in major American sports IMO.

Also, Russ looks ****ing awesome in red!

20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

EIGHT

Rockets did well changing the front and the overall design is nice. The home is a tad boring, but much better the previous ones.