1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Shutter Island: 8/10 pretty good and kept me interested...

Chloe: 10/10, just b/c of the girl on girl action and seeing Amanda's bewbs...mmmm...

but seriously, it was about a 7/10, IMHO...kind of like an updated fatal attraction...

my next rental will be the girl with the dragon tattoo, the swedish version...

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Get Low. Simply outstanding. I see an Oscar nomination in Robert Duvall's future. The film surrounds him with a superb supporting cast, has a marvelous script, and outstanding direction. A "small" film that blows most of the competition out of the water. If there's a theatre where you are that's showing it, see it!

3. AustinBriggs

AustinBriggs Member

True... actually thought it was the best one.

4. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Bruce Willis is not really suited for comedy movies...he's great in drama/action movies but not comedy. Seemed like he was trying too hard to be funny.

5. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Saint John of Las Vegas - 8/10

I'll watch anything that has Steve Buscemi in it. He's such an unappreciated actor. I loved his goofiness in this movie especially during the gas station sequence. Also Romany Malco was pretty solid in a supporting role and Sarah Silverman did a decent job with her role as the girlfriend/office slut. Overall a pretty good dark comedy if you're into that kind of stuff.

6. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Battle Royale. Thumbs Up.
    Sometimes I'm not good with the number rating system....so I just go thumbs up or down.

I've seen this film many times, but rewatched it today, been about three years.
    Loved it then, still love it now.
    Watered-down U.S remake coming out in the near future......to bad.....but what hasn't Hollywood got their hands on.
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5XUoYkAC5UQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5XUoYkAC5UQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

7. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

The Road: 8. Good flick, but I kept waiting for a climax that never really came...however, good characters, acting, and cinematography kept me interested til the end.

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Clash of the Titans(2010) 4/10

It really wasn't good. It butchered the story of Perseus. I didn't like many of the characters. In general I just didn't like it.

And Bubo only had like a 2 second cameo. :(

9. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Youth In Revolt - 8/10. A pretty decent movie. Michael Cera always does the awkward geeky teen role well but it seems like he's getting typecasted a bit often.

Stop-Loss - 10/10. Sweet Jesus. Timothy Olymphant, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ryan Phillippee and Channing Tatum are in this! I give this movie 10/10 for the delicious eye candy. Other that that, it was a strong movie and very sad. I had no clue about stop-loss in the military.

Whip It - 10/10. An awesome girl power movie! I absolutely loved this movie. Drew Barrymore did a great job directing this movie. Ellen Page and Ali Shawkat were great. Are small towns really look that old(cars, houses and etc)? At first, I thought it was based in the 90's until I saw the cellphone.

10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Pirhana 3D Classic Explotation movie, blood, boobs and crazy Christopher Lloyd, 3D was pointless though - B-

The Last Exorcim actually better than expected and isn't what the commercials make out to be. The acting is fairly strong as well till the general concept, then the final act happens and it falls off a cliff - C-

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The Haunting in Connecticut - 1/10. Wow, this movie just blew chunks. Still waiting for a movie to really scare me.

12. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Book of Eli

Really enjoyed it. I love post-apocalyptic stories and Denzel and Gary Oldman are always fun to watch. Has a few decent action scenes and the twist at the end was pretty good. Mila Kunis pretty much has nothing to do though. And thinking about it more, the movie could have been really epic had it been given another 30 minutes to an hour to develop the characters and flesh out his journey more.

7/10

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Oxygen - Maura Tierney and Aiden Brody
    was actually a pretty good movie
    7/10

Rocket River

14. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Took my "little brother" (mentoring program) to "Lottery Ticket."

It was alright. He enjoyed it more than I did.

It had a few good laughs and a nice moral, but overall ,it wasn't anything special.

5/10

15. VanityHalfBlack

I liked it better when it was called, Friday, Next Friday, and Friday after next... I haven't seen a really good urban comedy ever since.. Tyler Perry, dear lord how did he ever get behind a camera???

16. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Agreed. Perry has an incredible fan base. His movies follow the same method though.

If I see one more with Mo Chesnutt, Taye Diggs, Monique or Janet Jackson, I'm giving up.

I love African American humor, but he's not delivering.

My favorite "urban" movie within the last 10 years or so was "Soul Food." That was a great movie on so many levels. Not to mention, a fine Vivica.

17. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

XIII: The Conspiracy - 7/10 Really good Mini-Series. If you liked The Bourne Identity or watch the tv show "24," you will like this too.
    Fireproof - 7/10 This is a Kirk Cameron Christian movie. Ended up being really good.
    Chloe - 8/10 :grin:
    The Losers - 6/10 it was ok. good action scenes.

Tyler Perry makes good movies. Most of them deal with serious issues. You will laugh, but you'll cry too. Here are some good ones:

Daddy's Little Girls
    Why did I get Married
    The Family That Prey's
    Meet the Browns
    I Can Do Bad All by Myself
    Why Did I get Married Too
    Family Reunion

Damn, I think almost listed all of them...

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

FINALLY saw, The Prestige. Fantastic movie. 9/10

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

:( .....

20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Barry Lyndon

Kubrick's moveable feast and Ryan's cautionary tale.

Sunset Blvd.

Classic Hollywood insider film with Gloria Swanson playing it purposefully over the top as the ex silent film star (which she was). William Holden as a broke writer who becomes a kept man .....