1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

Saw Pearl and X, X was meh but Pearl was really good. Mia Goth did an incredible job of playing some one that can be so sweet at times and extremely twisted. She has some really good range. I'm not really into horror but this one was worth it. 8/10

[​IMG]

GRENDEL likes this.
  2. Aware

Aware Member

Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters 8.5/10 movie but a 11/10 soundtrack

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

65. Cant just film the movie in the backwoods of Missouri and pretend your lost. Lazy cheap movie. I rate it a 6/10 just for the dinos

GRENDEL likes this.
  4. Hendrik Moagi

Hendrik Moagi Member

Oh man, it's been forever since I watched a movie! I think the last one was Deleter. I'd give it a solid 7 out of 10. The acting was on point and there were some super freaky parts, but I wish they focused more on the social issue they were trying to tackle.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

This is a film about a car. It’s called “ Red Barchetta”.

Well…my uncle is a b****! He’s a big fat b****! He’s the biggest b**** in the whole wide world! On Sundays he’s a b****…the biggest b**** in the whole wide world. On Mondays he’s a… .

Sorry! Wrong film! It’s more like:

My uncle has a country place…that no one knows about. He says it used to be a farm…before the Motor Law. Sundays, I elude the “eyes” and hop the turbine freight. To far outside the wire…where my white-haired uncle waits.

Okay okay okay…not a film but it could be! ;)

ROCKSS likes this.
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm about to watch Plane. It's probably about a Plane.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The Black Phone. 7/10. I like horror movies that don't depend on jump scares.

Remember. 9/10. A Holocaust revenge movie with a twist. Anyone else seen this one?

8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I got through maybe half of “65.” So bad. So so bad.
    Adam Driver is not a good actor. I don’t buy any of his characters. So overrated.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Never heard of either, not interested in horror but love a good vengeance movie, especially ones based on real events — like Munich (kind of a vengeance movie).

10. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

For real, I am glad I didn't invest any time in that movie.

Kevooooo likes this.
  11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Watching Home Alone for I dunno like the 20th time probably. This movie is incredible. It’s not just the nostalgia — though that’s a huge part of it. There’s so many great lines. And the music. So good.

ROCKSS likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

OH HOLY CRAP that was a bad movie. I had it on in the background the other day and it was still quite obvious wooden and terrible the script and acting were. There were 2 characters and I'm not sure which one was worse: the kid who wouldn't speak, or Adam Driver, who did.

I've liked Driver in several roles, this was absolutely not one of them (and I'm not sure it was totally his fault either)

gifford1967, Kevooooo and ROCKSS like this.
  13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

We don’t need an Adam Driver when we have a Gerard Butler. :)

Kevooooo likes this.
  14. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

he was okay in that flick with that Poe Dameron character.

15. Fantasma Negro

Barbie

I only went to see this movie because it was part of my wife's homegirl's birthday day of celebration and because I didn't have to pay (my wife is a cheapskate, she literally pays for nothing). I went into this movie open-minded and it immediately disappoints. I know for my reviews I usually each character and vague details of the plot but after watching this (honestly, a little under a third through it), I just feel bad for women especially the women that follow the thinking of the rhetoric that's apposed in this movie. It was out of hand, if it was natural it would have been more palatable but the anti-men commentary was so shoehorned in that the commentary ended up leading the characters rather than the characters leading the commentary. This was two hours of "men are the worst", which is hilarious because the only good thing about this movie was the performance of Ryan Gosling lol. The only thing more depressing than this movie was the ugly single women that flooded the theatre, dressed in pink, whoopin it up every time a "its hard to be a women" or "men are the problem" type line was said.

Who the **** wrote this ****? This movie was so ****ing toxic, there's a scene where Barbie comes into the real world and tries to connect with a young girl, the girl addresses her as if she thinks Barbie is crazy at first because if some random chick walked up to you and said she was Barbie, you'd think she's ****ing crazy. So the kid is talking to Barbie like she's a crazy person and then out of nowhere starts firing feminist talking points and closes by calling Barbie a fascist, yes a fascist. Two minutes later the girl gets picked up by her mom and says to her mom, "there goes that crazy lady"(paraphrasing), then she corrects herself and calls Barbie "dimensionally challenged". So crazy is too harsh but calling Barbie a fascist was ok? The movie made mention of a boarder wall in Barbieville or whatever the **** the place was called.

Margot Robbie is dull, she's not a good actress, loved her in Wolf of Wall Street, she was decent in Focus but after Babylon, I don't expect much from her. Ryan Gosling was the only good thing in this movie, all his jokes were funny, his singing numbers were great, he conveyed emotion and was still comedic, he was able to portray his character without having to verbalize who he was, which was something all the women had to do because they had to describe the different types of Barbie they all are (this wasn't bad but strange and brought to light the fact that each Barbie is unique by their ethnicities, occupations, ideals and outfits but besides race all the Kens are the same). I am officially done with Kate McKinnon and I will never intentionally watch anything she's ever again. Kate McKinnon plays the exact same character in everything she's in, its not funny and I'm tired of it. America Ferrera at the beginning of the movie started was very likeable and slowly became less and less likeable the more she spoke. The kid was an *******, remained an *******. Will Ferrell is in this and adds nothing. Rhea Pearlman playing one character while simultaneously doing a not so subtle impersonation of Ruth Bader Ginsberg was ****ing lame.

3/10

clos4life and Os Trigonum like this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

Holy non-spoilered wall of text, mother****er

Fantasma Negro and ROCKSS like this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

Adam Driver very good roles:

Inside Llewen Davis
    Logan Lucky
    SNL
    Lincoln
    BlaKKKlansman
    Midnight Special
    The Last Duel
    The Dead Don't Die (wanted to be a good movie, but kinda sucked)

CrazyJoeDavola likes this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

Werewolves Within: silly fun, great cast, if you liked Cocaine Bear you'll like this

Old Man: Stephen Lang is great, that's all I can say

19. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Haven’t seen the flick, but jeez……it’s a man’s world……let the ladies have their flick. All those hormones, dealing with us assholes, glass ceilings, wanting to be the corporate ****, but also driven to be the ultimate mom. I don’t envy their lot in life. Let them have a flick that caters to their feelings.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  20. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Dude, the SNL skit with him as the old man going to career day with that bird was so dam funny. He was awesome in BlacKKKansman

Buck Turgidson likes this.