1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Buck Turgidson

Wes Anderson = Houston
    Richard Linklater = Austin

They're both great, but you don't have to like either. Personal preference is a personal thing and no other person should ever tell you that you as a person are totally wrong, even if you obviously are.

2. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Crimes of the Future. David Cronenberg's return to body horror. 6/10 It's like Videodrome and eXistenZ thematically.

GRENDEL and Buck Turgidson like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I heard about this and I am excited to see it, got some heavy hitters in the cast.

Squirtle likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

Licorice Pizza was very good

Also:

5. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Licorice pizza was excellent. Paul Thomas Anderson, Wes Anderson, and Richard Linklater are three of the finest directors working. No offense to anyone that doesn’t like their films as not everything can be a marvel movie…

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  6. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Heat 10/10 one of my favorite all time movies. A masterpiece Imo.

Slyonebluejay and Entropy like this.
  7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Beast - Its a solid little animal attack thriller, it'd be much better if the script wasn't braindead. Idris Elda does a solid job to make it watchable even with all the dumb character decisions. It's only an hour and half and you'll probably forget about pretty quickly, mindless fun but The Ghost and the Darkness is a better blood thirsty lion film....

C+

Deckard and Buck Turgidson like this.
  8. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of The Ring. Re-watched it. Would give a solid 8/10.

9. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Watched Licorice Pizza this weekend, it was good 7/10................binged the last season of Yellowstone , friggin awesome!! 9/10 Kevin Costner is the man but Jessica Kelly steals the show

[​IMG]

Jontro, i3artow i3aller and GRENDEL like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Ghost and the Darkness was a pretty great movie, I watched that again recently.

i3artow i3aller, GRENDEL and Deckard like this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

She was the best thing about Season 3 of True Detective.

Her and the other t*tties.

ROCKSS likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watched the new Elvis movie last night on HBO, and I was very surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It seems like it hasn't gotten very good reviews, and lots of criticism of Tom Hanks's Colonel Parker, but I thought the whole thing worked well. It's not strictly a biopic, has some fantasy-type stuff particularly in the beginning, but it really held my attention for the whole thing, two and a half hours' worth. Austin Butler as Elvis was fine, the rest of the cast did a good job, and the film editing especially in the first half of the movie was amazing. Gonna have to say this is a 9/10 for me. Not a perfect movie by any means, and kind of a stylized fantasy of Elvis's life, but fun to watch.

GRENDEL and conquistador#11 like this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

this was fantastic. Lance Mackey just passed away last week, this is a documentary about him from about 2015. 10/10

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

watched The Resistance Banker on Netflix last night, Dutch film about a Dutch banker who ran a black market underground bank to fund the Dutch resistance in WWII. Excellent film, if a bit oddly-paced during the first half of the film: it depicts them (the bankers) as almost giddy with their success early on in the war; later when resistance members start dying, things get more somber and to my mind, more realistic. So . . . not a perfect film, but still well worth watching. Maybe an 8.5 or 9 out of 10. The Netflix version I watched is dubbed; as dubbed films go, the dialogue, delivery etc. was adequate. I've had films where the dubbing was so bad I turned them off--I'd rather simply read English subtitles in those cases.

anyway, here's the non-dubbed trailer.

16. Buck Turgidson

I gotta check this out.

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

See How They Run - 7/10
    It had its moments but maybe not enough. Best bits are in the trailer. Saoirse Ronan is infinitely bangable, so there is that.

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. No Worries

The Gray Man (Netflix) - Incomplete
    I made it to the third act aka the Big Boss Fight. I just could not go on. No investment in the characters. There was also a "love interest" that made no sense (unless it was part of a Big Reveal at the end???).

#9718 No Worries, Sep 21, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
  19. No Worries

Everything Everywhere All at Once - 10/10
    Rented it. Multiverse done right?

The movie has multiple convoluted story arcs that all actually land at the end. Whoever wrote this is a real talent. No Hollywood Cookie Cutting here.

I keep asking myself "Is this a cleverly disguised Chick Movie?" but kept watching it.

Here is a review from The Critical Drinker:

Jontro likes this.
  20. conquistador#11

The Empty Man on HBO max, 8.3 out of 10:
    The Empty Man made me write this review. What a bizarre horror film.
    It left me with more questions than answers but that's a good thing in this case.

GRENDEL likes this.