1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

just watched The Survivor on HBO tonight, about Harry Haft, who survived Auschwitz by boxing other prisoners. Most powerful film I've seen in a while, acting is great, up there with Schindler's List and in the same conversation with Sophie's Choice. Strongly recommend it, very moving.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Thank you for this. Still sitting on it but thid one of the best 10-15 movies I've ever seen. Virtually perfect. Have you seen Land of Mine?

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

FREAK

3.75 out of 4 stars, well acted, and a great unique concept.

DD

Surfguy likes this.
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Shirley: 3/10.

Overly arty and over-acted story of writer Shirley Jackson and mid-century elite NEst college life. Everyone crazy or an ahole.

5. CrazyJoeDavola

Metal Lords

7ish/10 - Its not a bad time.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Saving Private Ryan

hadn’t seen it in years, but it’s still a 10/10

came out in 1998 and still looks better than the CGI fests we get today

7. Slyonebluejay

Slyonebluejay Member
    Supporting Member

Top Gun 2. 9 out of 10. Well done sequel. If you have never watched or don't remember stuff from the first one( it has been 36 years), I suggest watch it first. Really enjoyable. Glad I listened to my wife. I wasn't all that interested, but she wanted to see it. As usual, she was right.

Squirtle and jiggyfly like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Die Hard

9/10

1st time seeing it, and loved it

The Green Room

8/10

punk rock kids vs Nazis/skinheads…was a fun movie

The Devil Below

-5/10

get this bullsh*t outta here…could only last 20 minutes in before I had to stop…this movie looks like trash, and the acting was like seeing some wooden 2x4’s speak

Netflix, just stop

9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

sorry I missed the question about Land of Mine the first time around. Yes, that's another absolutely incredible movie

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The devil below looks like it got excellent reviews though.

lol

Reeko likes this.
  11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Came here to post about this one. I thought it was spectacular.

I'd never heard of it before I stumbled across it on HBO.

Slyonebluejay and Os Trigonum like this.
  12. the shark

the shark Member

I watched it a few days ago. I thought it was outstanding!!

Os Trigonum likes this.
  13. conquistador#11

Ghostbusters afterlife on Starz- Being a yuge fan of the original and cartoons, I had to give it a shot. It could have been a stand alone Stranger things episode where one of the cast members dream the event . Only cool part was the cameos from the first 2 movies.
    4.5/10

Hustle on Netflix- 3/10. Adam Sandler's answer to Draft Day only with the round ball.
    Best moment of the movie was the ending nba films montage.
    4 Rockets references in the movie:
    . 1, Kenny Smith is an agent. 2. Sandler tells a Clyde Drexler joke hehehehehehehehehe. 3.) Kyle Lowry driving on Christian Wood. 4) I already forgot.

Has there ever been a player that didn't play organized HS-college ball or league ball and was drafted?

14. marky :)

marky :) Member

The Interceptor - 10000/10

Probably the greatest action movie of all-time. It had great fighting, dialog, and no plot holes. Obviously the two large security doors was the best access point to the control room than the dinky hatch above the control room or the random hatch on the floor that led to just the ocean. His plan of killing everyone in the base except the main character was also a solid choice.

15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

watched Adam Sandler's Hustle last night with my wife and daughter. Both of them raved about how surprised they were that they enjoyed the movie as much as they did. I liked it too, and corny plot or not it held our interest. Fun fun fun to see the different NBA players and coaches pop up in cameo appearances, and good speaking parts too. Kenny Smith actually seemed like he could act. Anyway, worth watching. Maybe 8/10

clos4life and Slyonebluejay like this.
  16. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Overseas flight so watched a few.

American Underdog- the Kurt Warner biopic. Feel good movie and interesting backstory but loaded with some cheesy dialogue and forced moments. Liked the guy who played Kurt. A bit too much about Brenda though. 7/10

Ghostbusters Afterlife- it was light entertainment. Probably would have enjoyed it more if I was a kid like the first one, but overall it was decent. 7/10

The Outfit- very well acted and intense at times. Had never heard of it but it was good. Worth watching. 8/10

Dog- didn’t expect to enjoy this but it was pretty good. Not worth paying for but a decent family movie. 7.5/10

Uncharted- **** this was bad. Wasn’t expecting it to be good but damn it was just awful. 2/10

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

watched The French Dispatch last night. I like Wes Anderson movies fine, this one did not disappoint. I think I was a little too tired for it and need to watch it a second time, I kept pausing it in between the three stories. Kept mentally comparing it to the Coen Brother's Buster Scruggs, it works in a similar way. Found myself wondering at the end if there was any deeper meaning to it and read some unhelpful reviews. Not sure I'd call it his best work, but very entertaining in a Wes Anderson kind of way. And so many stars, even with small cameos. Impressive who must really want to be in one of his films. 8/10

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

The Forever Purge

4/10

this franchise threw subtlety out the window a long time ago, but damn, they were really laying it on thick with this one

this movie was pretty generic, and they had about 6 jump scares in here that were so forced and so pathetic

jump scares had me like

[​IMG]

as usual, the guys you’re supposed to root for all shoot weapons like they’re highly trained snipers, and the purgers shoot like they’re wearing blindfolds…these fools couldn’t hit sh*t…aim was so bad they could be in the middle of the ocean and still not hit water

they even had scenes where somebody would have a gun to their head and they’d be like “fck u” or start talking trash to the shooter…

[​IMG]

they also had this 1 scene with a guy who had a swastika tattoo on his cheek, and he and this other chick in the scene were overacting like a MFer…bro, you’re in a Purge movie, calm your ass down

it was so stupid

I looked it up, and this movie made 77 mil on a 18 mil budget, so they’ll probably be another one

now that I think about. those jump scares were so bad, I’m lowering my rating

3/10

[​IMG]

#9638 Reeko, Jun 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't know what those flicks are (never even heard of them, and I have most of the streaming outlets), but thanks to your heads-up (thanks!) I'll avoid them like the plague. Geez!

Reeko likes this.
  20. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

True Romance 8/10. Hadn't seen it in years and forgot how good it is. Christopher Walken is awesome.

GRENDEL, clos4life and Os Trigonum like this.