1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Buck Turgidson

I wanted to reach through the TV and punch Jonah Hill and Meryl Streep in every scene they were in.

That's solid acting.

conquistador#11 and No Worries like this.
  2. Fantasma Negro

No Time to Die
    I loved this movie. It was the perfect way to put a period on the Daniel Craig era. In my opinion, Craig was the best Bond. There were some plot holes and silliness, like the way they handled Blofeld was too convenient. I also didn't like the way Safin was used, he should've had more of a presence. But all in all the main characters worked well and the pace of this thing moved well, there wasn't a wasted minute. Craig puts forth a heck of a performance, almost tear jerking at the films conclusion and leaves big shoes for Cavill or whoever steps into the role next to fill.

8.0 / 10

8-Bit Christmas
    This movie is an instant classic and has been added to my annual Christmas movie list. this movie effortlessly evokes nostalgia from my past Christmases. I remember the first time I asked for a Nintendo for Christmas, I remember not getting it and having to buy my own N64 though hard work and report card money and inviting my friends over to play when I was in sixth grade. I had to fight my brain from calling this a new version of the Christmas Carol but because it was so well done it can stand on its own merit.

8.3 / 10

Copshop

This movie did exactly what it set out to do, entertained the hell out of me. I had zero expectations sitting down for this movie and five minutes in I was glued to the screen. Frank Grillo is slowly becoming one of my favorite actors, loved his work on Billions, the dude has range. Gerald Butler and Alexis Louder put in great performances but Toby Huss stole the whole damn movie. He played a psychopath perfectly, everything he did elicited an audience response. Whether we were laughing, shrieking or cringing I wanted more Huss on the screen. Very under the radar movie, I don't think I saw a single commercial about it but for a movie with no expectations, it entertained the hell outta me.

8.0 / 10

The Green Knight
    This movie was really interesting. A retelling of of the Tale of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, I'd heard of the story and I'm a big King Arthur guy so I had very high expectations for this film and I was very satisfied with the way the story was told through this film. There were some strange spots here and there but as ambitious as this film was I think it delivered. I really liked how "The Hero's Journey" was portrayed. I resisted buying in to the Dev Patel hype for the last couple years, the last thing I watched that he was in before this was Slumdog Millionaire but after watching Green Knight I may have to watch his newer work. I was very impressed with his ability to convey emotions through his acting, his body language and his facial expressions, the guy is skilled. I loved the overall message of the film or at least what I took as the message of the film: being a good person and a man of your word, though difficult doesn't always pay off the way you hope it will in the end.

8.5 /10

PVT Chat

I only watched this movie because Kanye is dating Julia Fox and I wanted to gauge her talents. She very "talented" lol. This movie walks the tightrope of nc-17 and Cinemax softcore, the movie starts of slow and then as things get tied in it goes where it goes. This movie made me feel so sorry for the guys that "fall in love" with onlyfans chicks. But damn Julia Fox is smoking hot, and she can act a little bit too, she seems like a fun girl.

6.0 / 10

#9542 Fantasma Negro, Jan 7, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
    boomboom and No Worries like this.
  3. supaflyz

supaflyz Member

Jojo rabbit. I thought it was a little stupid at first but the movie is pretty good.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Saw two on Netflix...

The first was The Tender Bar, with Ben Affleck in one of his best roles. Others in the cast included Ty Sheridan as the grown up nephew of Affleck who in the absence of his biological father (who left many years ago) acts as the father figure throughout his life. Christopher Lloyd is in the cast in a smaller role but eats of every scene he is in. The movie is a 7 but pushes to an 8 with great music and cars of the period. And a hilarious scene at the parents of the girl Sheridan's character is attracted to.

Intrusion, 2 out of 10. OK, I should have known based on the direct to video and 90 minute length this would be no better than a made for TV flick. Husband and wife move from Boston to some made up place in Colorado and live in a fancy house out in the mountains somewhere. Home intruders hit the house not once but twice. I really should spoil the story to push you away from this predictable and horribly acted movie. A gave it more than a 1 because of Freida Pinto and it was better than the alternative choice (my wife wanted to watch The Bachelor).

5. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Zone 414 on Netflix. 2/10 at best. Tried to be kinda like a Blade Runner movie, but failed.

ico4498 likes this.
  6. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Nice on The Tender Bar. Wife and I were thinking about watching that. Might put it on the list next.

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

The 355 - It's really stupid but actually pretty entertaining. The cast really makes the movie a lot better than it deserves to be, a bit to long and I as mention the plot is cliched and stupid. Makes for perfect mindless entertainment......

B-

8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Love and Monsters - 7.5/10

Pretty enjoyable movie.

GRENDEL and boomboom like this.
  9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

8-Bit Christmas - 9/10

My new favorite feel good Christmas movie.

GRENDEL likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Joel Cohen's Tragedy of Macbeth. Excellent. 9/10. The noir cinematography is stunning. Denzel Washington is amazing. really good.

B-Bob, GRENDEL and Fantasma Negro like this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

I'm pretty much totally geeked for this. Online or theatre?

GRENDEL likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

also I actually watched it with the subtitles on. in some ways I think this particular version helped me understand the overall story better than previous ones. I think that's because of how good Washington is

B-Bob and Buck Turgidson like this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

I watch a lot of English/Euro stuff with subtitles, even if it's in english, just because of the accents.

Not worried about Shakespeare, though.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A hilarious Cold War classic from 1966. If you have Amazon Prime, the invasion has begun!

The Russians are Coming
    The Russians are Coming

B-Bob likes this.
  16. GRENDEL

Watched it in theater and on Apple TV a few weeks later, just mezmerizing both times.....really loved it....

Deckard and Os Trigonum like this.
  17. Slyonebluejay

Slyonebluejay Member
    Supporting Member

My son and I saw Jackass Forever. If a fan you will like it. Lots of cringey stuff but it makes you laugh. Way too much weiner shown and abused, but it's Jackass. The trailer does show the best gags. If a fan, I recommend it

GRENDEL likes this.
  18. GRENDEL

Wife and I watched it over the weekend. Its what you'd expect from these guys, some of the stunts are really hilarious. Kinda of top loaded with the funnier bits coming in the beginning of the movie, still a lot of fun if you like these movies.

B

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

Saw that the Razzie nominees were released today, and I learned that Bruce Willis was in 8! movies this year, prompting them to make a special category. I have not only seen none of them, I haven't even heard of any of them, and let's be honest, nobody else has either. The titles alone make me want to read the plot synopses:

WORST PERFORMANCE by BRUCE WILLIS in a 2021 MOVIE

(Special Category)

Bruce Willis / American Siege
    Bruce Willis / Apex
    Bruce Willis / Cosmic Sin
    Bruce Willis / Deadlock
    Bruce Willis / Fortress
    Bruce Willis / Midnight in the Switchgrass
    Bruce Willis / Out of Death
    Bruce Willis / Survive the Game

B-Bob, jiggyfly and DreamShook like this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think you might like this video, Buck

B-Bob and Buck Turgidson like this.