1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Or Vera Farmiga (great actress, loved her in Up In The Air ).

2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I quit watching it 35 minutes in. The acting across the board is terrible from the jump. I kept thinking it had to get better, but it just didn’t, so I stopped watching it.

I’ve always been an Eastwood movie fan and this one (though I didn’t finish) seemed to take an unfortunate dump.

GRENDEL likes this.
  3. TimDuncanDonaut

Cry Macho - I can do a low key road trip movie but dialogue really was sub par.

Writing and the delivery by the kid, kid's mom, Eastwood and Dwight Yoakem, were all subpar. Eastwood should have done 'more takes'.

GRENDEL likes this.
  4. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Shang chi- 6/10 saw this yesterday don’t see what the hype is about , and cgi sucked.

Entropy likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

The Courier - 8 out of 10, on Amazon Prime. True story of a British business man convinced to act as a courier between a highly ranked Russian official and British and American secret services. Great performances by Benedict Cumberbatch, Rachel Brosnahan (Mrs Maisel) and Meran Ninidze and a gripping story.

ROCKSS likes this.
  6. Slyonebluejay

Slyonebluejay Member
    Supporting Member

Saw Venom last night. Good movie. Wish Woody Harelson had played Kletus Cassidy live his character in Natural Born Killers. Still good. Great end credits scene. Don't want to spoil anything. 7 out of 10

7. Roscoe Arbuckle

Saw Free Guy last night. Was a lot of fun, especially if you are a Ryan Reynolds fan.

No Worries and Slyonebluejay like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

The Tunnel - 7 out of 10 on Amazon Prime (free). Surprisingly good story of a disaster in a cold tunnel in Norway. Main acting leads were fine (I especially like the performance of Ylva Foguglerud as the daughter and Ingvild Holthe Bykdnes as the emergency response dispatcher. We watched the English dubbed version and despite the typical "hero" voice used for the main character the dubbing wasn't too bad.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i dont know if the movie is good but the posters are bad ass. (2 versions)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GRENDEL and Buck Turgidson like this.
  10. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I have quite a few friends who said the same thing, the trailer looks kind of dumb but hey, maybe I should finally check it out, I do like RR but its getting to the point he seems to play the same character all the time

11. Buck Turgidson

12. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I just saw Malignant and all I can say is that director/writer freaking just went for it.
    Not the scariest movie, not the best movie, but the third act is gonzo batshit crazy.
    On HBOMax for 1 more day I think.

13. Roscoe Arbuckle

It is a Ryan Reynolds film. But it is also fun. Here's the best hint: When Fox was bought by Disney they asked what properties can we use?

Disney's answer? All of it.

ROCKSS likes this.
  14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Free Guy - 8/10
    Kate - 8/10
    Both were fun but no deep thinking here. Kate did have one deep sub story but it didn’t hurt the movie ;)

No Time to Die - 9/10
    Best in the Craig series besides the first. Dare I say well written.

15. Buck Turgidson

Promising Young Woman was pretty great, finally got around to watching it. Wonderful Date Movie.

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  16. Roscoe Arbuckle

As long as they're down on you.

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’m shocked Nicholas Cage isn’t in this movie.

ROCKSS and Buck Turgidson like this.
  18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Posters are great, I personally loved the movie.

Probably my favorite horror flick behind Saint Maude this year....

19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Wife and I watched it this past weekend.

It's like some sort of long lost Icelandic folktale, it's slow and atmospheric. Noomi Rapace and Hilmir Snær Guðnason make the whole thing work, they are both really good.

If you are an arthouse junkie like me, you'll probably enjoy it. If not, best to avoid it.....

B+

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  20. TimDuncanDonaut

Limited TV series (Netflix)

[​IMG]

Maid (mini series - 2021)

A woman gets a job as a maid after she leaves a domestic violence situation. Navigates through bureaucracy of public assistance. Learned some interesting stuff about people who suffer through DV. As a show, can be emotionally draining. Some of the sub plots like the loopy mom, was skippable. Main actress is good for the role.

grade: B+

[​IMG]

Dear White People
    (TV season 4 - 2021)

IMO, a bit of drop off from past seasons. Still preachy, but was hoping for more comedic elements than preachiness. Musicals weaved into each episode, which I'm certain some of the demographic of this show appreciate, just personally not a fan. Few gems of snappy dialogue, like the reaction to when one of the college activities tried to cancel Beyonce. :D

grade: B-

[​IMG]

Midnight Mass
    (2021)

A melancholy fishing town on an island, where different town folks go through their journey with faith. Stories weaved with a local church. Character driven, dialogue heavy, with a pinch of suspense and paranormal backstory.

grade B