1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Buck Turgidson

Jontro likes this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I rewatched Blade Runner 2049 last night. How is this not considered one of the great movies of the 21st Century? There's like 7 different shots/scenes/etc. that are completely unique.

Incredible movie.

Deuce, Entropy, mfastx and 1 other person like this.
  4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Black Box - 6.5/10. Didn't finish as strong as it started, but overall pretty decent and worth a watch. One of the producers was from Get Out, so there is a touch of that vibe

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

"People said it was too long. Melania, Stormy, and others said that. 'It's too long!', they said. They wanted to chop it in half." - Trump

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Just saw The Grizzlies on Netflix. 6 out of 10. Acting had its ups and downs but very good true story about a teacher forced to go to northern Canada to teach in a Inuit village where alcoholism and suicide is prevalent. The teacher turns to lacrosse as a solution. Some sad parts, some funny parts.

7. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

1 night in Miami wasnt bad at all. Regina King did her thing as director.

7.5/10

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

21 Bridges

2/10 made zero sense and the "twist" was telegraphed from the beginning.

Dialogue was atrocious.

You can see that Boseman was not doing well he looked really thin in a couple of shots I'm glad this was not his last film.

donkeypunch likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I was visually great but it dragged and the plot left something to be desired.

I need to watch it again but I remember not really caring what happened by the end.

FrontRunner likes this.
  10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Thank you. There's some reviews in this thread saying it was a great movie and I had to make sure they were talking about the same movie I saw.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah I saw those as well and its the reason I watched it.

Tuuuuuuurrible.

12. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Outside the Wire - 7/10. I know the critics **** on it pretty good, but wife and I enjoyed it. Netflix.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Been lucky on Netflix lately, here's another good movie we saw last night... Penguin Bloom 7 out of 10. Based on a true story, this one stars Naomi Watts and Andrew Lincoln (TWD). Australian film, Watts plays a mom who surfs who has a terrible accident and becomes wheelchair bound. Watts, husband Lincoln and her three boys struggle with the situation until they adopt a magpie they name Penguin. Sounds hokie, but good performances by Watts, Lincoln and the oldest son.

14. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

I watched an old forgotten one last night that was really good. David Mamet's House of Games. It's a quiet con artist movie with a slow, sort of off-kilter pace, but every scene is interesting. It streams on Prime.
    [​IMG]

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watched The Dig on Netflix tonight. Just a lovely film, visually amazing, and really well done. Kind of a Terrence Malick vibe, which I really enjoy. 9/10

16. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

Watched The Little Things on HBO Max as they did agree to put it out in 4k. 6/10. Too slow. I think I would have been better off rewatching any 2 episodes of True Detective (season 1 or 3) than this (though that applies to most movies in this genre).

17. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Ya we watched The Little Things as well. It was fine but could have been more. 7/10.

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watched a German Sci Fi movie on Amazon Prime last night called "Cargo". It had some pretty cool visuals but the story and acting was pretty blah..

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I watched it as well and was stoked because it seemed like my kind of movie (to say I liked Seven a lot when it came out is a bit of an understatement) anyways the ending sucked.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I really enjoyed it and have seen it at least 2 or 3 times. I do have some problems with the film, however. I’m a huge fan of the series of novels by the late Patrick O’Brian that the film is based on. I’ve read all of them (there are over 20) from start to finish 3 times and can’t recommend them enough. It’s Napoleonic era historical fiction of the highest order. While there are sea battles aplenty incredibly well written, it’s the characters created by O’Brian that makes them truly special.

The first novel’s title is Master and Commander, but the film bears little resemblance to it. It actually uses material from 2 or 3 later novels, essentially taking just the title from the first. Some liberties are taken with the story arc, but all in all, Director Weir does a terrific job and the screenplay is a good one. O’Brian loved the characters he created and said more than once that he wished he’d begun the story years earlier during the wars between Britain and France. I could say more, but I don’t want to spoil anything for those who haven’t read the novels.

M&C - 8/10

Os Trigonum likes this.