1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. noize

noize Contributing Member

Steve Jobs -

5/10 stars. Not the documentary story telling I was expecting. Me and the wife got tired of the constant over dramatic fighting and yelling for the first one and 1/2 hours. Could've easily been condense to a 1 hour film considering the time-line and the point of the story. The last 15min basically saved this film.
    Assuming the accuracies of the story is true, I didn't realized how much of a prick, hard-headed and conceited Steve Jobs was and I feel less sympathetic for him after I watch the movie. Very surprising to me, considering his positive protrayer from the media and the public's eyes.

#6601 noize, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man, I thought the dialogue was very interesting, revealing. I thought Fassbender was superb.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Also the actor that plays Apocalyspse. He is probably my favorite new actor of the last 5 years. I hope he picks more good movies besides stuff like this and Star Wars.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Big Eyes: 7/10

Interesting because it was a true story. Worth the watch for that reason alone. But lacked something. Maybe they missed the bigger idea of a woman trying to make it. Not sure. Just didn't quite come together and give you that wow moment or inspire, almost like the guy's character was too big and irritating for the movie, or maybe he just wasn't in key with the rest of the movie. The little girl barely says a word but steals the movie with her look. Amy Adams does a good job, but again, it's like her big moment in the film just doesn't resonate like say the ending of Rudy. Wanted the Examiner guy to play a role in the truth, but it never happened. You root for her, but there's no feeling of being paid off. Liked learning about the paintings and her story though.

#6604 PhiSlammaJamma, Nov 21, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah, it was pretty bad. So many wasted and/or unnecessary characters.

Sausage party - 8.5. funny stuff.

Purge Election year - 6. typical purge movie. They aren't great movies by any means but the premise is just interesting enough to be watchable.

Central Intelligence - 8.5 - i really enjoyed it. I'm a sucker for the rock and kevin hart.

6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Sausage Party 7/10 - Funny-ish. Nothing really made me LOL, it was alright. The theme was very clear, and wasn't as funny to me as I think my wife found it to be. They really tried to hammer the "everything you've ever been told is a lie" thing.

Bad Moms 7/10 - Mila Kunis is still HOT. Very chickflick-y. My wife picked this one. Wasn't awful, a few funny moments. Definitely geared towards women

War Dogs 8.5/10 - Very good movie! Some things weren't as smooth or easily understandable as I'd like for it to have been, but it was a great film!

7. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

[​IMG]

MOONLIGHT (A+)

Gorgeous, engaging, intimate, and emotionally arresting. From the screenplay and performances to the camerawork and score, Moonlight is a masterclass in film making. If you're at all intrigued, I highly recommend you see it in the theater.

grt004 and B-Bob like this.
  8. PhiSlammaJamma

Me Earl and the Dying Girl: 8/10

There's a truth in the dialogue and interaction that inspires. Funny at times. When they get high I was lol. And there's the pull of wanting to see their short films all the way to the end. Enjoyed. Think this is the kid from Ex-Machina and he has a nice slow draw to him here as well.

The Hundred Foot Journey: 8/10

War of the Roses for Restaraunts, sort of. Fun. Just when you think it may be getting long winded, it's pulls itself back together to close. But Likely could have ended nicely at the michelin review. Some honest and fun performances from Helen Miren and others. Enjoyed.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice

4/10

Not a good movie at all and I'd never watch it again, but not as bad as I thought it'd be. Superman himself and those around his story arc suck of course, but having already seen Man of Steel I knew that would be the case.

Can't complain about Wonder Woman nor Affleck's Batman.

Snyder is obviously terrible so there were the issues that you'd expect with a terrible director, but whatever. I had already accepted that this would be a bad movie long ago so I ain't mad.

Maybe someday though DC can put together a movie that doesn't suck. Nolan's Batman was great for sure, but I have no reason to have hope for any of the future DC movies as of now.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ghostbusters ( the new one). 4 out of 10 and I might be a little generous for fear of being called a misonygist, which is the only way I can see how it got rottentomatoes review it did. Maybe it's because the originals as always in the back of my mind but I really did try to take the movie on its own. Wiig and McCarthy were fine, jones descent but McKinnon was painfully bad and distracted from everything else.

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Just watched it this weekend, too. I'd say 2/10. I thought it was terrible. McKinnion is so funny and talented but this was just not a good role. Having the cameos were dumb...but none moreso than Slimer. That was just f***ing stupid.

12. conquistador#11

Sing Street- 6.7 mics out of 10. If you love the 80s, duran duran and the cure, this movie is fun, except the last 15 minutes. Up to that point, I would have given it 8/10 mics. Still a really good film. Little finger has a small part.

TheFreak likes this.
  13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Hell or High Water - 8/10

Really liked it. Acting was brilliant across the board.

grt004 likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Girl on the Train (2016)

decent... 7/10

could be compared to Gone Girl

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Ouija. Pretty damn good. Best creepy movie this year. We enjoyed it last night in the comfort of my living room.

16. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Yeah....McKinnon was really bad in this. Very cringe worthy. I like her on SNL for the most part.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Spring Breakers - aside from the obvious eye candy, this was one of the oddest movies I've ever seen. I'm still not sure if I loved it or hated it. It was like a mixture of Bachelor Party and Requiem for a Dream.

18. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Plus it had the added bonus of pancakes being in the movie as the judge!

19. conquistador#11

suicide squad- 1 out of 10. I thought the first 12 minutes were good. But then it got cringeworthy like texans on offense. The joker felt like it was written for a joel schumacher production.

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - 8/10.

Screen play by J. K. Rowling, ftw.

The movie was well paced and did seem to last the 2.25 hour length, always a good sign.

The story line was not as deep as the Harry Potter films, which at times felt crowded/rushed to get as much of the book into the movies. The Fantastic Beasts five part series may end up being a better film series than Harry Potter's, seeing that Rowling is writing specifically for film.

The visuals in the movie were outstanding.

I look forward to the next.