1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Me Earl and the Dying Girl - 8/10

Great movie. Sad, but enjoyable.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Foxcatcher- 7/10 Just ok for me. Not your run of the mill sports movie. Ruffalo is great in it.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The Godfather (I) - 8.98/10

4. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Conjuring 2

7.5/10

5. PhiSlammaJamma

10 Cloverfield Lane: 9/10

John Goodman was Oscar worthy. Very subtle performance that blended evil with good. The girl also put in a great performance because she had very few lines, but had to carry a similar blend of trust and mistrust.

The ending certainly did not fit the pace of the film, and was in stark contrast, but I'm willing to entertain that is what the Directors wanted. That said, it felt a little too much. And from a pure Sci Fi perspective, thought they could have done better by linking it to the cloverfield creature, and giving me something bigger.

I did like the balance of fright between what's going on inside vs. what was going on outside, and the resonating choices that had to be made all along the way. Certainly felt the tension of John Goodman's character on the edge of exploding. But did not see the riveting gun shot coming.

1 person likes this.
  6. hvic

hvic Member

Now you see me 2: 7/10. I still like the first movie better but Lizzy Caplan did a great job filling in as the female horseman

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Kidpoker - 9/10;

Documentary about Daniel Negreanu and his life starting with poker and getting into the Hall of Fame. Great Documentary! Kept me engaged the whole time, made me feel like I really got to know him as a person. Available on Netflix.

8. Buck Turgidson

Definitely would not want that to be the name of my documentary.

1 person likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Its his nickname. Thanks to the OP mentioning this movie... years ago I was addicted to TV shows about poker... I can't wait to watch this one..

10. cardpire

cardpire Member

I saw this too.

It was entertaining enough, but as a documentary subject, when you break it down, it's pretty damn uninteresting.

Guy wanted to play poker for a living and did and is one of the best in the world.

That's the story. Really nothing crazy or interesting along the way. It's just a celebration of his fame.

11. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

fair, I grew up watching him play so I have my bias.

12. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Now You See Me 2 7.4/10

I liked this movie better because the first one felt too deceptive, even for a movie about magic. The sequel tied up most of the loose ends from the first one without too many ridiculous plot holes.

13. jbasket

jbasket Member

Warcraft rating: 7/10. Fantastic CGI.

Other CFer reviews from Deck and sw847:

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just saw this movie. I thought it was hilarious. I'll give it a 9/10 as well. It was hilarious, and fresh in a familiar way if that makes sense.

They did a great job making that movie.

15. jsingles

jsingles Member

Now You See Me 2 - 6/10 and that's only because I like the concept of magic.

16. jsingles

jsingles Member

About to go watch that before bed. Nice call.

17. jbasket

jbasket Member

More Warcraft reviews from the other thread (Castor27, Snow Villiers, Rodsolus)

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Finding Dory - 8/10

Not as epic as the original.

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Joy - 4 out of 10. Confusing mess, even after researching the history behind the character. Perhaps if JLaw would have shown some skin.

Looking forward to my choices: 10 Cloverdale lane and Pride Prejudice and Zombies.

20. PhiSlammaJamma

Kid Poker: 7/10

Thought it was good, and real. Real as in he seemed to live the life similar to most of us. It was a remarkable life making his dreams and passion come true, but relatable too. His father and mother died, how he dealt, and never winning a title, like most of us. Liked the Aristotle quote. Can't say that I left feeling like enlightened about a world I didn't know, or about some big idea or awakening, but a good father son movie and summary of a life. Most interesting was his reaction to being inducted into Hall of Fame, as in how could I not be.