1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

100% agree. They built a great world. Wanted more. John Wick was a fun movie. And very re-watchable which is key. Can't wait for the sequel.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Xmen Apocalypse 8.4/10 My only problem was with Apocalypse himself was lacking, in acting, look, writing, and, feel of the character was just off. Everything else was just awesome.

3. dragician

dragician Member

13 hours - 10/10.

Thanks, Hillary.

4. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

A Girl Like Her...10/10
    On Netflix

Emotionally draining movie about h.s. bullying.

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Tropa de Elita (Elite Squad) Series (1&2)- 10/10

I can watch this sequel over and over again. Wagner Moura has been in my top 5 actors ever since the first movie. Great, great movies.

6. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

13 hours 8/10
    Money monster 6/10

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Gods of Egypt - 3/10, what garbage. Pissed at myself for renting it.

8. Buck Turgidson

13 Hours: solid feel-good/feel-bad story, not close to being on Mogadishu level. I rate it same as Lone Survivor or the Chris Kyle sniper movie.

Here and there I've been re-watching Justified (not a movie, I know), that's some quality television.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

Lelz breh, you should have been able to tell from the trailers. I watched it on my computer and was equally pissed for wasting valuable bandwidth.

10. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

London Has Fallen - 6/10

I knew what to expect of this movie so I enjoyed it.

11. SonofSatoshi

SonofSatoshi Member

Southbound (2015): 2/10 - My gf brought this home, she was surprisingly in the mood for a horror flick and it was a "horror"...to watch. I'm a fan of bad horror flicks but this one had no redeeming qualities whatsoever save for the end credits which signaled it was finally over.

12. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Bad Roomie 3/10 waste of time. I did it for Smalls.

13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Watched that new Adam Sandler movie on Netflix. I was surprised how good it was considering it's Adam Sandler.

8/10

14. conquistador#11

been meaning to watch that because of paula

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Holy crap, saw THE LOBSTER last night. I don't even know what to think.

Either ??/10, 2/10 (for the last half), or 10/10 for the first half. I guess the final rating is 5/10.

It's like Wes Anderson meets Lars von Trier with plot advice from Tarrantino.

Would not advise to the squeamish or depressed, but would definitely RENT/STREAM this b/c you can skip the weird/ugly/slow parts and enjoy all the incredibly dark, incredibly funny humor in it.

HORRIBLE date movie. One of the most f'ed up, sadistic and depressing spectacles you can take in with someone. (yes, saw this with Mrs. B-Bob, LOL).

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Trainwreck- 8/10

Very funny. LeBron stole the show

17. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I'm intrigued from your review alone. lol

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It is one of the most intriguing and unique films I've seen since, like, The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and her Lover. Like that movie, really powerful soundtrack too. Stilted alternate universe type of thing, played straight.

19. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I did like the first half better and thought they should've spent more time at the compound. The second half did drag more. Only saw it because the wife wanted to. She likes Wes Anderson movies, and this was similar.

The satirical social commentary on dating was pretty funny. There's one pivotal scene that shifts the movie, and it traumatized the girl next to me to where I thought she'd have a panic attack.

I'd rate it similarly.

20. cardpire

cardpire Member

The Visit - 5/10

I'll give Shyamalan credit. There was some good creepiness, it had potential, and I reluctantly admit that I was too dumb to see the twist coming, and did get some chills when it was revealed.

But the PG-13 rating, the annoying boy in the film and his uber-annoying/unnecessary rap garbage, combined with Shyamalan's continued being 80% suck in his movies made it lousier than it should have been.

Shyamalan should just sell his concepts to people who know how to write and make horror films. With an R-rating and a better screenplay, this definitely could have been at least an 8/10 as far as horror films go.