1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Theory of Everything- 9/10

Well done. Great acting. Beautiful looking.

Only quibble is it could have gone more into the science and Hawking's work.

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Primal Fear - 7/10

Ed Norton, man! Tyler Durden had a lot to live up to with Aaron/Roy being his predecessor.

3. conquistador#11

"Get a Job": .3 out of 10 but I watched it all. Everyone is up on this B, Anna kendrick, walter white, mclovin but it never develops into anything. I'm an AOF so I'll watch her in anything.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Vacation, 3 out of 10 - Even though I can recite the entire original movie word-for-word from start to finish, I went in with an open mind. And still hated it. The rim job shtick was pretty funny, but that's about it.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm a certified AOF as well, but her career choices outside of 3-4 movies...yowza...not great...

6. dragician

dragician Member

batman vs superman.

7/10

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

The Mermaid -- 9/10

If you loved Shaolin Soccer or to a lesser extent Kungfu Hustle, then this movie is very recommendable. Stephen Chow has regressed a bit in his last couple of movies, but he went back to his old comedic roots to give us The Mermaid. It's almost on par with Shaolin Soccer, many laugh out loud moments. Haven't seen this kind of slapstick comedy in a while. The only downside is that we have to read subtitles, but I think having dubbing would lessen the comedy for this movie, although I don't understand Mandarin. There are lots of WTF moments where things just don't make sense, but I guess that's what makes it funny.

This movie just came out in Hong Kong, so I don't know if it's available on torrent yet. If so, you should definitely go see it. If you enjoyed Shaolin Soccer then this movie has become mandatory. If you haven't heard of Shaolin Soccer, then go download that first and then see this. If not, then you probably don't love Jesus.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The Hateful Eight, 1/10 - This movie is garbage. If you're watching the first hour thinking this has to get better and you keep hanging on for the payoff, you're going to be sorely disappointed and a little pissed off that you wasted three hours of your life on this worthless, miserable movie.

1 person likes this.
  9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10 cloverfield lane - 9/10. very impressive and intense. Not many movies grab and hold on like this one did for me.

10. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Hateful Eight - 4/10, probably Tarantino's worst film. 90% of the characters are boring & lifeless. Not even Walton Goggins could save this film.

Batman v Superman - 6/10, I know it's a setup film & it has me sort of excited for Justice League, that being said absolutely terrible lex luthor casting, wasn't impressed with Batman's abilities. Wonder woman was great & Gal Gadot is drop dead gorgeous. The casting for Darkseid will make or break these franchises.

#6250 Obito, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  11. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Hateful Eight - 9.5/10

I love a good whodunnit especially a slow-burning one. It was a little slow at times but the tension increased with every scene. The payoff at the was definitely worth it, I freaking loved the ending. I realize that it is not for everyone, especially those expecting another Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill or Django Unchained. This had more of the feeling of Reservoir Dogs than any other of Tarantino's movies.

12. conquistador#11

Ant man- 7.8/10. My kid has watched it like 9 times, so I decided to watch it with him. Funny how good story telling can make you forget some major plot armor. for example, representative tony russo needs no training how to operate the fancy pants suit? Luis was hilarious, orale.

13. i3artow i3aller

Animal Kingdom 6/8

Ben Mendelsohn's character was absolutely horrifying.
    [​IMG]

"A seventeen year-old navigates his survival amongst an explosive criminal family and the detective who thinks he can save him."

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

7/10

I think for anyone who grew up loving the originals, and then were sorely disappointed by the trashy prequels, this is a very good reboot.

It isn't without flaws, and while it doesn't quite do the job of recapturing the original magic of the trilogy (an impossible task), I don't think anyone could have done a better job with this than JJ Abrams did.

There were moments of genuine feeling, and excitement that brought me back to being a kid. Kylo Ren was a little too emo for my liking, but I guess that is to be expected. Adam Driver at least did a better job than Hayden Christensen's wooden, pouty Anakin.

And yes, it is basically a reboot of A New Hope, but I think that's good for the series. It will establish its own identity.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Well said. 7/10 is about right.

For something that was 90% on RT for both the critics count and audience score, I was disappointed. The "magic" definitely was not there. For me, it will be a huge letdown if future releases don't improve on this. I'm optimistic.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Imitation Game- 8/10

I knew about the Turing Test but I didn't his whole story.

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The Boy w/ Lauren Cohen 7/10

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

That movie was 8.5 for me. Had everything action, drama, comedy all done well with great acting.

19. 713

713 Member

I enjoyed films like Dazed and Confused and High times at Ridgemont.

What can you guys recommend that are on the same wave length?

20. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

The Equalizer

You know where this is going but the ride is thoroughly enjoyable, and incredibly violent. Denzel is solid as always. Looking forward to a sequel.

7/10