1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Buck Turgidson

Ghostbusters

Hadn't seen it in 20-something years, holds up well.

2. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Searching for Sugarman - 9.5/10 - Really enjoyed it and understand why it won all those awards.

Into the Woods - 5/10 - Story was wtf... and I wanted to punch every character in the face

3. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Kingsman - 8/10. Very entertaining action film.

Insomnia (1997) -7.5/10. I had seen the re-make, but just finally watched the original. I actually prefer the 2002 version. Skarsgard delivers a solid performance, but I couldn't get the Nolan re-make out of my mind while watching.

Woman in Gold - 7/10. Good story. Interesting casting choice in Reynolds, but he held his own with Mirren.

The Imitation Game - 7/10. Liked the story and performances, but I felt
    somewhat underwhelmed afterwards.

A Most Violent Year - 9/10. Oscar Isaac not getting an Academy Award nomination for this role is beyond comprehension. He pretty much carried this amazing movie on his own. Chastain and Brooks were solid, but Isaac was in a zone that reminded me of Pacino circa the Godfather.

1 person likes this.
  4. JTQ

JTQ Member

The Help 8/10
    Found myself enjoying this flick

Wolf of Wall Street 5/10
    Just send the wrong messages to people

Three Colors : White 8/10
    Gone Girl, guy version :D

5. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Spy - 8/10: Very funny, laughed through out the majority of the film. Very funny and memorable characters particularly enjoyed Aldo, Anton, Rick Ford and Rayna. Would rate it 10/10 but there some droughts of laughter especially in the first half of the film.

6. conquistador#11

MAX-5.6 milky bones /10.
    the Hurt locker meets Lassie, sort of but not really. Not a popular movie amongst the critics but maybe because i'm a dog owner, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

7. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Nightcrawler 8/10: Deserves the praise it's been getting. Jake gyllenhaal does a great job, he doesn't even seem like Jake Gyllenhaal anymore in the movie and becomes a real psychopath. Movie was entertaining throughout. I premise didn't interest me much since I don't care about news and media but this story was very well written and had very tense moments.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Finally saw Whiplash.

A little over-the-top with the bleeding all over the drumset, but JK's performance was spectacular. And the music was awesome. I watched the last 10 minutes 3 times. (I played Caravan in college :) )

9. axstar713

axstar713 Member

Co-signed. I just watched this yesterday on netflix and enjoyed it, had no idea what the film was going to be about going into it and was pleasantly surprised.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

Dr. No

Rating 91

Thoughts After really enjoying Skyfall, my first real James Bond movie, I decided to watch Dr. No to see what this series was all about. Connery was a trip. He pulled this entire movie together and was brilliant. Loved it when when he told the woman who killed her husband with a black widow "not to make a habit out of it." Sometimes just the look on his face was spot on like when the same woman asks him if he's seeing anybody and he sort of looks away smirking, or the cheeky look and forward walk he has when he sees the hot girl on the beach for the first time ( what did she even have to do with the plot collecting sea shells, seriously ). Lol. Connery was the reason to watch for sure and while I would give the movie itself a C, Connery carried it and elevated it to an A for me.

The thing that surprised me was that for such a smart agent early on, he certainly did some dumb things toward the end as Dr. No reeled him in. And It's hard to believe he'd be placed in a cell with a bed and air vent out while the woman was crucified to a cement floor room half filled with water. I was also surprised by how much CIA/USA was involved in this film given I thought it was mostly a brit thing going in. The radiation contaimination was dumb too, but given this thing was released 6 years before we landed on the moon I can let a lot of that go.

Good time overall just watching the main character interact with everyone else.

11. TheresTheDagger

Next stop: Goldfinger...which is the same Connery but in a Bond film with a better plot.

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U1TmeBd9338" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Terminator Genisys - 6.5/10, it was far from an amazing movie but if you liked the previous I thought it was pretty good. A few things drove me bonkers (like the time travel), but still a good popcorn flick.

Mad Max Fury Road - 8/10, non-stop action, and not much else.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

Just saw it. Hilarious. The fat chick was actually real good in this role. Surprising since I don't really like all her other roles/movies. Statham was awesome. This year's comedies have surprised me.

8/10

15. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

The Book of Life (2014) - Pretty damn good for an animated film. 9/10

16. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Have to agree, It's the first time I've enjoyed a movie where Melissa McCarthy is the main character. Tammy and Identity Theft were unwatchable.

Pitch Perfect 2 really surprised, haven't gotten around to seeing either of the Ted movies. What other comedies did you like this year?

17. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Interstellar: 3/10. Just a terrible movie that was absurd and still predictable, and unusual combo.

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Ted 2 is a letdown compared to the first film, so go in with low expectation. It's really funny in spots but there are long slogs that aren't....

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

what movies out there from the last few years are better than this that revolve around sci-fi??

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Ex-Machina - 8/10

Wow, what a movie! It was like cool and creepy and weird all at the same time. The ending had some obvious problems but I loved the effort they made on this movie. Don't think I've ever seen anything like it.